nfl 2019-2020

Gromnir

15 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Things are quickly escalating and I think Prescott is pricing himself out of reality. If I were the Jones's I would: a) Sit Elliott and never put him on the field again. Maybe he can be traded if he isn't injured b) pay Cooper and c) Play Dak, or maybe better to play a backup QB, but seriously consider "tanking for Tua". Dak isn't worth gutting the roster in a year or two because they cant afford anyone. IMO, that's what caused the precipitous drop-off of Seattle's defense. With the counter example of Brady being reasonable and the Patriot's being competitive every single year.

There won't be any intentional tanking. Jerry Jones has said he hasn't got a lot of Scouting combines left and that goes for Super bowls too, so he's definetely in a "must win now" mode. 

And as for Tua, well you're not the only team who wants Tua and Cowboys won't end up dead last in the entire NFL this season.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

"Week 1 against the Texans: 24 missed tackles. Week 2 against the Ravens: 19 missed tackles. [Packers Head Coach] Matt LaFleur: 'We really have to concentrate on 'thudding up' and stopping the runner's feet. I don't believe in taking to the ground. '"

Our coach doesn't believe in making tackles - only hits that our players consistently whiff over and over. That's just grand.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

On 8/14/2019 at 3:11 AM, Mannock said:

There won't be any intentional tanking. Jerry Jones has said he hasn't got a lot of Scouting combines left and that goes for Super bowls too, so he's definetely in a "must win now" mode. 

And as for Tua, well you're not the only team who wants Tua and Cowboys won't end up dead last in the entire NFL this season.

dak is (maybe) the 10th best player on the cowboys roster. this observation admitted ignores the disproportionate importance o' the qb position and also recognizes just what a talented group o' players the cowboys current have at their disposal. nevertheless, is one o' those brain-freeze kinda moments to consider the possibility that a guy who bare breaks top ten on the cowboys roster should be getting paid $40 million.

reflect 'pon what a $40million dak means when the contracts for other young cowboy players, more talented players, is gonna need be renegotiated. the aaron rodgers contract calculus were criticized by some pundits 'cause paying the qb big money limited what the packers could do with the rest o' their roster. the thing is, the packers qb were a legit mvp candidate. similarly, given how young is the bears roster, paying to get khalil mack were criticized by few when the bears managed the trade accompanied by a historic contract. dak ain't the same guy and the cowboys got more than a couple guys who is gonna need get paid in the next couple years. 

what is the 31 other owners thinking o' the possibility o' jones actual paying a mid-tier qb $40 million? any other team who has a qb entering free agency or facing the last year o' their K is likely contemplating how to discourage jones from making a league altering decision.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On 8/18/2019 at 5:09 AM, Gromnir said:

dak is (maybe) the 10th best player on the cowboys roster. this observation admitted ignores the disproportionate importance o' the qb position and also recognizes just what a talented group o' players the cowboys current have at their disposal. nevertheless, is one o' those brain-freeze kinda moments to consider the possibility that a guy who bare breaks top ten on the cowboys roster should be getting paid $40 million.

reflect 'pon what a $40million dak means when the contracts for other young cowboy players, more talented players, is gonna need be renegotiated. the aaron rodgers contract calculus were criticized by some pundits 'cause paying the qb big money limited what the packers could do with the rest o' their roster. the thing is, the packers qb were a legit mvp candidate. similarly, given how young is the bears roster, paying to get khalil mack were criticized by few when the bears managed the trade accompanied by a historic contract. dak ain't the same guy and the cowboys got more than a couple guys who is gonna need get paid in the next couple years. 

what is the 31 other owners thinking o' the possibility o' jones actual paying a mid-tier qb $40 million? any other team who has a qb entering free agency or facing the last year o' their K is likely contemplating how to discourage jones from making a league altering decision.

HA! Good Fun!

I agree with the basic problem regarding Dak, but Dak is not the one holding out right now, because that is Zeke. So Zeke is the immediate problem for the Cowboys at the moment. Should they pay him or not?

Many say a team shouldn't overpay for a RB but I'd say Zeke is more important to the Cowboys than Dak. So I'd rather pay Zeke to be honest. But I root for the Packers so I'm more than happy watching the Cowboys implode. :)

elliott is a premier rb. the thing is, recall demarco murray's final year with the cowboys. the guy averaged 4.7 ypc and he totaled +1800 yards rushing on 392 attempts. last year, elliott averaged 4.7 ypc and he totaled +1400 yards rushing on 304 attempts.

the cowboys ol, as long as they stay collective healthy, is gonna make most nfl calibre rbs look good, and they is gonna make good rbs look like they deserves to be in the conversation with the likes o' barry sanders, jim brown and walter payton. pay elliott and you is actual paying the wrong guy if you is most concerned with maintaining rushing totals. 

again, am agreeing elliott is a premier rb. if one ignores all the off-the-field headaches, then elliot would be deserving to get paid... by somebody. the thing is, the cowboys ol has actual been underrated the last few years. the cowboys, in part we suspect to cover dak shortcomings, runs the most vanilla offense in the league. one step removed from leather helmets. defensive coordinators has lamented how everybody knows what the cowboys is gonna do, but the chess game move and counter-move planning is wasted if you cannot prevent even what you know is coming. the cowboys offense functions 'cause the ol is overwhelming good.

from a pure football pov, may nevertheless be worth paying elliot in spite o' our observation. the cowboys ol is good enough such that if any one guy goes down ('cept maybe zack martin) the line is nevertheless gonna continue to perform at a high level. the thing is, count on the cowboys line to stay relative healthy all year may not be the smart bet. what happens if travis frederick and zack martin is injured for an extended period o' time? somebody is gonna need step up, and am not believing dak is able to be any better than what he is today: a mid-tier qb. have elliott on the roster means season might not be complete over if a couple ol go down with injuries. 

'course all this ignores how elliott is a headcase who is always one after-midnight story away from a multi-game suspension. has gotta be a dollar amount jones attaches to immaturity and stoopidity, no? perhaps is a small number, but...

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

https://www.49ers.com/video/mitch-wishnowsky-with-the-huge-hit-vs-broncos

two observations:

1) love to see a kicker getting into the mix.

2) somebody needs to teach mitch how to tackle.

lower head when making contact is so wrong, and may lead to serious injury of the guy tackling as well as tackled. lead with the shoulder is great. wrap up is great. unfortunate, drop helmet is dangerous and is stoopid regardless 'cause as a tackler you do not take eyes off target even for split second.

love the tackle and hate it at same time. 

sad thing is, mitch is not alone. seems like proper tackling technique is not taught at any level these days. sure, mitch is a kicker, so who is wasting time coaching him up on tackling, but is not just mitch. see this in pro, college, high school and pee wee. 

https://qctimes.com/news/heads-up-tackling-the-wrong-way-can-lead-to-catastrophic/article_21e7df67-2a0c-5ac1-a152-099a16802868.html

kevin everett never played another down o' football, but unlike many others, after years o' therapy, he was able to walk again.

lower head increases odds o' complete avoidable injuries and also makes for less effective tackling. bad on multiple levels.

*leaves soapbox*

HA! Good Fun!

Muh Boys signed Jaylon Smith to a 5 year extension. You may remember Smith as a risk Jerry & Co. took in the 2016 draft, as the guy had a devastating knee injury in his final year of college that made him miss his entire rookie season. The gamble ultimately paid off as he's gone on to be one of the most important pieces of Dallas' D. The Zeke drama continues, but it's nice to know Jaylon Smith will be a Cowboy through at least 2024 (barring a trade, of course).

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

7 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Muh Boys signed Jaylon Smith to a 5 year extension. You may remember Smith as a risk Jerry & Co. took in the 2016 draft, as the guy had a devastating knee injury in his final year of college that made him miss his entire rookie season. The gamble ultimately paid off as he's gone on to be one of the most important pieces of Dallas' D. The Zeke drama continues, but it's nice to know Jaylon Smith will be a Cowboy through at least 2024 (barring a trade, of course).

can do a search if you want, but we noted at time of draft how in spite o' possibility jaylon smith would never play a down in the nfl, he were also the guy from the class we thought had the best shot o' being a hall of fame inductee in the future. jaylon smith is also current one of the cowboys four best players, regardless o' position. high character. high motor. high intelligence. but yeah, pick early second round were a risk, albeit less so when one considered the upside.

people is talking 'bout elliott and dak, but getting smith and lawrence inked this year were, in our mind, more significant to long-term success. good news getting him locked up.

now, get byron jones signed, though am suspecting jones slows this 'cause o' health concerns... 'course he will need pay for such caution. 

HA! Good Fun!

RG3 lasted longer than Andrew Luck. Yikes. Another reminder for me to appreciate Rodgers while he's still here...

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

NFC East predictions:

Dallas Cowboys 11-5

Philadelphia Eagles 10-6

New York Giants 5-11

Washington Redskins 5-11

The division winner is up in the air, it could be the Iggles, but both the G-Men and Skins should be terrible so I think 2 10+ win teams seems fairly likely.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

48 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

NFC East predictions:

Dallas Cowboys 11-5

Philadelphia Eagles 10-6

New York Giants 5-11

Washington Redskins 5-11

The division winner is up in the air, it could be the Iggles, but both the G-Men and Skins should be terrible so I think 2 10+ win teams seems fairly likely.

I think that is a tad too optimistic on the part of the Cowboys. Cause Zeke is an integral part of their machine and he seems to be not be playing quite a number of games this year. I'd rather say the Eagles are clear favourites in that group.

^ I expect Zeke will sit out the first 3 or 4 games. Muh Boys first 4 games are Giants, at Skins, Fins, at Saints. At Saints is tough but the other 3 are gimmies.

The Boys have gone 32-16 over the last 3 seasons with largely the same team they have this year (a few changes obviously). Dak is in a contract year, so I expect he's going to try his absolute hardest. Our D looks good. As long as the Zeke holdout doesn't drag too long, I think we'll be fine. It helps playing in a creampuff division.

As for the Iggles, can Wentz stay healthy? They don't have Big **** Nick to step in any more. Who is their backup, anyway?

Edit: I looked it up. Their backup qbs are Nate Sudfeld and Cody Kessler, so... Yeah.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Dallas oline has produced three 1k yard rushers (Murray, Morris, Elliott), but not having Elliott is still a big loss in "homerun" plays. I think Dallas finishes 10-6.

in 2018, elliott had 14 +20 yd plays and 1 +40 yd. 

in 2014, murray had 18 +20 yd plays and 3 +40 yd.

inexplicable, murray were expendable in 2015 but elliott is essential in 2019.

it's the o-line which drives dallas. 

given the early schedule, am thinking jones would be smart to gamble and let elliott hold out for awhile. if elliott is sooper important and dallas crumbles in early games, then jones bargaining leverage with dak increases. if dallas rumbles on, business as usual, then elliott bargaining position suffers. best situation for jones is dallas struggles early but wins close games while dak underwhelms in spite rotation o' rbs posting consistent 100 yd games. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
didn't initial have receiving plays included in +20 and +40-- +3 for both rbs
  • Like 1

I knew Uncle Jerry would cave eventually, I didn't think it would be this quick. I wonder if Zeke plays this week. Muh Boys can afford to sit him against the G-Men, methinks, and start him next week with a full week of practice.

Jerry knows his clock is running out and is going all in with this team for a shot at one last Lombardi Trophy.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

In unrelated news, Antonio Brown threatened to punch his GM in the face over a fine because he had been refusing to practice, and is to be suspended as a result. Between signing all the lowest character guys, Gruden, and moving to Las Vegas, I really hope the Raiders are as big of a dumpster fire this season as they seem.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Brown is a douche. Sounds like the GM is too. The confrontation started because the GM started to cry because Brown  posted the 'discipline letter' on the net. Boo hoo.   Su7spend them both. Afterall, it was the GM who signed him. L0LZ

btw, That article  makes me laugh at how pathetic the NFLPA is . 'Guaranteed  contracts/money' is not even guaranteed in the NFL. No wonder NFL players act out.

Guaranateed contracts should be guaranteed. That is some fake ass negotiation.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.