The Ideal Sith

Being able to play a "chessmaster" style villain would make Kotor2 perfect. Subtle dialogue choices to guide others into the path that most benefits me.

Totally agree. Warfare and Diplomacy is a game of chess. Funny thing is in the first KOTOR when you listen to Canderous describe Revan you get the sense that's exactly the kind of leader he was. Just wish they had given the PC those qualities.

Being able to play a "chessmaster" style villain would make Kotor2 perfect. Subtle dialogue choices to guide others into the path that most benefits me.

Ahhh...

Mission: You'll have to kill me! But I don't think you will.

Revan: No, I'm not going to kill you Mission, but Carth will. He'll think you've joined me and he'll kill you without a thought.

Mission: But... Carth's not like that!

Revan: You think not? He's just abandoned you Mission. Would he have left you if he thought otherwise? He killed his son for being a Sith, what makes you think you'd receive any different treatment?

That kind of thing would've made that whole scene so much better.

Especially if you could "convince" her to hunt him down! B)

manthing2.jpg

give me a break your version of "a true sith" is only what you want it to be you have no idea how a sith would act they all act different darth maul not very bright mercilessly trying to kill obi-wan darth vader who is merciful as he let many men stay alive saying im more merciful than my master and palpatine cares for nothing but his own will dont give me this the sith in kotor are stupid you dont like it dont play it

give me a break your version of "a true sith" is only what you want it to be you have no idea how a sith would act they all act different darth maul not very bright mercilessly trying to kill obi-wan darth vader who is merciful as he let many men stay alive saying im more merciful than my master and palpatine cares for nothing but his own will dont give me this the sith in kotor are stupid you dont like it dont play it

I think a few of my braincells have just commited hara kiri...

and when you're on your period you shouldn't post.

this was a post about what folks thought the ideal sith lord should be, not anyone who doesn't play a wussed out jedi is stupid.

The only thing you can do in the first game that is really dark, is destroying Manan's water supply, and turning all the wookies into slave labor. Aside from this all the other dark side points were earned by being a jerk, or being a bully. I hope Sith Lords has some more devastating things you can do.

Why be destructive simply for the purpose of being destructive?

That's being a psychopath.

Palpatine sought a rise in power, and total control. Violence and destruction were tools to demonstrate power when needed, or to quell usurpers. The Sith believe that weakness is exorcised through similiar veins. But, destruction with no purpose is silly.

If you rigged the water supply, and threatened to destroy it unless you gained control of Bacta shipments, that is fitting for a Sith.

Agreed. But I don't think the Selkath would be able to give you control of all Bacta shipments even if they wanted to. :)

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Irrelevant! They will comply or they will suffer!

"But we make kolto, not bacta!"

"Darth Ender demands bacta, or you all die!"

"Okay, how about we give you the kolto and call it bacta since Darth Ender doesn't seem too bright today?"

The only thing you can do in the first game that is really dark, is destroying Manan's water supply, and turning all the wookies into slave labor. Aside from this all the other dark side points were earned by being a jerk, or being a bully. I hope Sith Lords has some more devastating things you can do.

Yeah, but that's being evil for kicks. There's no benefit, either in terms of ease or reward. In the case of Manaan, the poison option is just plain stupid, since you piss off a world with a very useful resource.

There should be some sort of option for evil characters to pick a 'good' option because it makes sense.

Yeah, but that's being evil for kicks. There's no benefit, either in terms of ease or reward. In the case of Manaan, the poison option is just plain stupid, since you piss off a world with a very useful resource.

There should be some sort of option for evil characters to pick a 'good' option because it makes sense.

And if I could take that a step further, you don't even get any darkside points for doing that. Kolto was something the Sith Empire needed just as much as the Republic. It was the only card the Selkath had to play that kept them from being completely wiped out by the Sith, or subjegated by the Republic.

Keeping the wookies as slave labor was kinda dark, but in hindsight, I don't even think the Jedi would try to free the slaves unless it just somehow served their purpose. The Jedi seemed to have a laissez-faire attitude towards all cultures. It's almost like a Prime Directive sort of thing. Remember Qui-Gon's line in TPM about freeing slaves? It wouldn't seem that a Sith of Revan's caliber would ever do something reckless like poisoning the kolto supply, unless it somehow served his or her's agenda.

Keeping the wookies as slave labor was kinda dark, but in hindsight, I don't even think the Jedi would try to free the slaves unless it just somehow served their purpose. The Jedi seemed to have a laissez-faire attitude towards all cultures. It's almost like a Prime Directive sort of thing. Remember Qui-Gon's line in TPM about freeing slaves?

Well I think its more along the lines of the Force(and the Jedi) helps those that help themselves. When the Wookies finally decided that enough was enough, and they finally didn't want to be slaves anymore, the Jedi were willing to help them out. Any sooner, and they'd just be viewed as meddlers into something that was an internal Wookie affair.

Keeping the wookies as slave labor was kinda dark, but in hindsight, I don't even think the Jedi would try to free the slaves unless it just somehow served their purpose.  The Jedi seemed to have a laissez-faire attitude towards all cultures.  It's almost like a Prime Directive sort of thing.  Remember Qui-Gon's line in TPM about freeing slaves?

Well I think its more along the lines of the Force(and the Jedi) helps those that help themselves. When the Wookies finally decided that enough was enough, and they finally didn't want to be slaves anymore, the Jedi were willing to help them out. Any sooner, and they'd just be viewed as meddlers into something that was an internal Wookie affair.

Good point.

And if I could just add to this whole darkside debate, I really don't know if Obisidian is going to make the darkside more sophisticated in KOTOR 2. I mean, I REALLY hope they do. Heck, I even started a thread on this topic a couple weeks ago. But the problem is, I think the devs have to think about kids. They have to kind of think, "What would an 8 year old boy think would be cool?" Thus, we get the Johnny Quest/Saturday morning cartoon villains. I'm not sure that the devs have geeks like me in mind as their target audience, though I truly hope I'm wrong. I think we have to remember that LucasArts has the final say of what gets put out, and Lucas is on record as saying that Star Wars is for kids. If KOTOR 2 was strictly a PC game and not an Xbox game as well (which by the way, I've only played the game on Xbox and only intend on playing KOTOR 2 on the Xbox) then we might get more sophisticated villains. I just think because of the Star Wars label the devs and the powers that be have to be wary of the image and can't make anything to serious, lest they risk alienating their target audience and don't turn a large enough profit. Which is ultimately the bottom line. As much as I'd like to see a true Sith, I don't know if we're going to see one.

The whole thing with the kolto on Manaan was one of the rare quests in the game which I felt would of been really cool to be able to go back after the game and see the fruits of my labor. A chess player always thinks a few moves ahead. If you poison the Kolto then you show tremendous shortsightedness. because regardless of which side you choose, cutting off a vital resource is always a bad idea. saving the kolto on the other hand achieves two objectives. most obviously you save a key resource. but more subtly the Selkath are now in your debt, aside from the Kolto don't forget you also saved their Creator. So if you had been able to go back after reclaiming the title of Dark Lord, the selkath would be more inclined to work with you. It's much easier having an entire planet willingly working for you then having to worry about diverting additional troops to quell revolts or uprisings. As a last resort if they're not willing to succumb to your will, then you dispatch your orbiting ships and raze Ahto City, irradicate every last Selkath on the planet and ultimately take the Kolto anyway.