Deadfire Companions - who wrote who?

We have that wonderful topic for PoE1: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74557-companions-who-wrote-what/

and I would really love to know the same thing about PoE2. (Why? Curiosity and for the future fan-followings :) )

I'd say whoever wrote Serafen deserves a medal just for his speech-pattern alone. Edér must be still Eric Fenstermaker (and Edér as great as ever, of course). But who else?

Going by memory:

Eric Fenstermaker, Josh Sawyer, Paul Kirsch: Edér (Eric/Josh for the base game, Josh/Paul for the DLCs)

Carrie Patel: Aloth

Josh Sawyer: Pallegina

Alex Scokel: Serafen, Ydwin, Vatnir

Paul Krisch: Tekehu, Maia, Fassina

Kate Dollarhyde: Rekke, Konstanten, Modwyr

Megan Starks: Xoti, Mirke

I can't recall the other sidekicks to save my life. I think Ydwin was Alex Scokel's, but I'm not 100%.

EDIT: Here they are. Editing the list above.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 5

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Xoti was written by Megan Starks
Tekēhu and Maia Rua was written by Paul Kirsch
Serafen was written by Alex Scokel

POE1:

• Aloth - Carrie Patel
  • Durance - Chris Avellone
  • Edér - Eric Fenstermaker
  • Grieving Mother - Chris Avellone
  • Hiravias - Matt MacLean
  • Kana Rua - Olivia Veras
  • Pallegina - Josh Sawyer
  • Sagani - Carrie Patel

Did Chris Avellone, Olivia Veras and Matt MacLean participate in making companions of Deadfire?

P.S: Sidekicks - the worst thing that happened with POE2...

Did Chris Avellone, Olivia Veras and Matt MacLean participate in making companions of Deadfire?

They didn't (not 100% on Olivia Veras, though.)

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Eder continues to be a very well-written character. The authors deserve applause.

Maia is also very good, especially because some of her shady-looking dealings seriously made me question whether I wanted to keep her in my group (so far I have). It's always good when a fictional character engages you to this extent.

Xoti I'm not perfectly sure about. Both the voice acting and the writing seem to contain a few too many cheapish attributes, but then: I have had her in my group ever since I met her, so she can't be all bad.

They didn't (not 100% on Olivia Veras, though.)

Who wrote Zahua?

Maneha and Devil of Caroc was written by Carrie Patel?

Durance, Grieving Mother, Hiravias and Kana Rua - they were very well developed.

Edited by Khagmas

Zahua was Eric Fenstermaker’s; DoC and Maneha were Carrie Patel’s.

https://twitter.com/aristotlomissis/status/1059124078915829760?s=21

• Like 1

Going to edit my post above. Here's who wrote the sidekicks I couldn't name.

Going by memory:

Eric Fenstermarker, Josh Sawyer, Paul Kirsch: Edér (Eric/Josh for the base game, Josh/Paul for the DLCs)

Carrie Patel: Aloth

Josh Sawyer: Pallegina

Alex Scokel: Serafen, Ydwin, Vatnir

Paul Krisch: Tekehu, Maia, Fassina

Kate Dollarhyde: Rekke, Konstanten, Modwyr

Megan Starks: Xoti, Mirke

I can't recall the other sidekicks to save my life. I think Ydwin was Alex Scokel's, but I'm not 100%.

EDIT: Here they are. Editing the list above.

Many thanks! Now I know who to follow for good characters.

Can not say I do not like any of them - all are distinctive enough to be interesting in it's own way. But in a new cast Serafen amazed me with his very thorough and convincing vocabulary - not a single false note!

And some of companions suffer from VA :( Not that it's bad - no! it's good! - but, for example, Maia's voice actress is everywhere voicing half of the female NPCs, sadly, without as much as changing even her tone, making Maia sound generic.

Still, like them all!

So Alex Scokel did a bang-up job.  I don't like either of Paul's main characters; Maia is leaden and Takehu is gross (seriously, it seems like sex is the only way he relates to people).  Eder is great as always, Aloth's arc is far more unified this time around, Pallegina is quite good as an ardent nationalist. 

That said, all of the writers seriously need to break away from the young, aimless late mid 20 to mid 30 year old characters, and they need to work more on narrative arcs for said characters.  They're supposed to be heroes, not that cool guy you talked to at the barcade.