Justin Bell resigned?

misterjimmy

"Why is Avellone gossiping about Obsidian on RPG Codex? Seems very petty. "

Seems really petty to whine about where someone decides to spend his time posting because it might hurt the object of your affection. LMAO

"What's wrong with CA other than it being the best place ever ... ; )"

It is the home of rapists, child molestors, and garabge. Only countries/states like NK are worse.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Doing his whining on the Codex is the least of his problems. It's about the only place he can guarantee a positive reaction, so fair enough.

OTOH, someone who spent most of his last several years at Obs working for other companies, going to events, cosplaying with Brian Fargo and apparently when actually at work spent most of his time fighting literally everyone else in the company can't really complain credibly about someone taking a month off after a multi year project- and the credibility of his scuttlebutt is somewhat degraded by him getting his previous solid- see thread title- demonstrably wrong.

(EP does tend to be a crap title though, half of them don't do anything much at all and it's a way to pad resumés and reward senior people who have hit a career ceiling. It's usually the bog standard producers who do the actual work)

• Like 1

What's Avellone doing that is so horrible ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What's Avellone doing that is so horrible ?

I believe, that between this thread and a previous one, that some readers feel it is an unnecessary "public airing of grievances". 

You know what kind of people didn't complain about their coworkers in public ?

Nazis, that's who.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yaaaawn...

Nazis, yeah. Right. Vegetarians? Hitler was vegetarian! Thus all vegetarians are evil.

Nothing good or even substancial ever came from an unnecessary Nazi comparison. And I don't think there are necessary ones...

People in Swinger Clubs also don't complain about their "colleagues" in public. So Nazis = Veggy-Swingers I guess.

It's one thing to complain (in public) about being treated poorly. I could sympathize with that. But it's another thing to mock and attack former colleagues who take some time off after a really exhausting (and successful) project. In a notorious (public) internet forum! While the same colleagues you mock never said anything bad about you and even try to answer to your wild accusations in a sensible way (see Eric Fenstermaker).

Alcohol and hurt feelings is the most generous explanation. Another would be a bad character. I'll stay with alcohol because I don't always want to assume the worst. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 10

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Some ex co workers deserve to be mocked and chastised in public. Not saying that's the case here 9i don't know those involved) but to try to make a blanket stop on this is silly. I'll gladly continue to mock certain former colleagues. And, praise others. When I deem it deserved. not when YOU do.

And, Nazis are everywhere. If you don't see them it is you who are blind. Or a Nazi because Nazis never seem themselves as a Nazi.

P.S. I'm not a Nazi. :wink:

I don't know if they are everywhere, but they are definitely in your head.

You can mock anybody in every way you like and I couldn't care less. Just be prepared to be called a douche, a drunk - or even get arrested... depends how far you take it.

Doesn't change the fact that ranting about and mocking former co-workers in an internet forum will not earn you the most respectable reputation. If you don't care although you depend on your reputation as a self employed writer then all power to you and your inner ratfink.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Doesn't change the fact that ranting about and mocking former co-workers in an internet forum will not earn you the most respectable reputation. If you don't care although you depend on your reputation as a self employed writer than all power to you and your inner ratfink.

This was brought up last time as well. Since then, it doesn't look like any of it has affected his ability to find work. And, if he's to be believed, he's loaded too, so even if he were to become the industry's bête noire, it's no big deal.

I'm sure he appreciates your concern, though.

Personally, I think it's pretty cool how he manages to ruffle the feathers of so many unrelated people by running his mouth in the armpit of the internet.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't think Avellone is lying on purpose. He just sees everything about Obsidian as a corporation through hate tinted glasses. He seems to me like a text book example of confirmation bias.

Edited by kirottu
  • Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"Like to believe that Justin Bell resigned? "

He is also the one who wrote that was FAKE NEWS so he corrected his poor info.

"seems to me his wife is wearing the pants"

BANNED 4 SEXISM.

Doesn't change the fact that ranting about and mocking former co-workers in an internet forum will not earn you the most respectable reputation. If you don't care although you depend on your reputation as a self employed writer then all power to you and your inner ratfink.

Hm, I wonder why that is, really. 

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1060051700155789312

:lol:

@XboxP3, if you ARE doing a deal with Obsidian Ent., I’d really, really look at Pillars of Eternity sales figures (which Fig has indirectly revealed this month, and tried to be cagey about it). Good devs there, terrible management – Hire the devs, fire the chaff at the top.

• Like 1

While I tend to defend Avellone and his spam but something seriously happened between him and Feargus and co. These guys were so buddy buddy they all started Obsdian together. For it to get this bitter is  sad.

• Like 2

The gaming industry is obviously a bit more "tightly knit" and Avellone was an owner so it's more serious but just thinking about spending time posting in forum threads and doing twitter messages about a workplace I left years ago is just extremely depressing to me. The whole "exgirlfriend" analogy is a bit tired but there's a point to it as well. It's just soulcrushing to see someone using their energy on that instead of blossoming now that they're free of the bad relationship.

Come on Avellone, give us cool stories and characters to talk about instead, you're going to be remembered as a gossiping dude who can't let things go. Make your own success and show up the people you want to show up.

Edited by Starwars
  • Like 5

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

dude who can't let things go.

Hah. Maybe he should play / revisit some of Dead Money and think about what he did there?  :cat: 

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Or just throw a brick through their window, get the rage out.

• Like 1