Game feels more broken after latest DLC

I don't know, but it's been very frustrating playing lately after the latest DLC. I'm a player that likes to play POTD SOLO Ironman mode, and as most of you know, it takes a lot of time taking down dungeons especially when for some reason enemies have Godly deflection taking me years  to hit even with maxed perception.  Besides all the bugs, like the forever being flanked even out of battle, or randomly gaining fighter skills clogging up my skill list with unusable skills due to no discipline, I noticed the longer you play them game, the more it starts to lag, the more the game starts to leave damage numbers after hitting targets. Then when you finally waste an hour or so beating that said dungeon, you disconnect from the game d/t some synching problems? wtf? This happens WAY WAY wayyyyyy moree now after the beast of winter DLC... Is anyone else experiencing this?

I wish they would have a autosave in hardcore more.. OR ALLOW YOU TO SAVE WITHOUT QUITTING TO THE FRONT SCREEN making everything so tedious. I don't even see why I cant just save them game without quitting.

Really like this game, but im starting to understand that the only thing about hardcore mode thats hardcore, is bugs and glitches that make you waste your time multiple times and cringe.

Let this be a warning for all, better save before you exit any map (relog) or you will repeat everything you just finished.

• Like 1

I experience none of these problems you mention and a quick glance at the technical issues section of these forums doesn't show anything you mention either... If this lag and "disconnect" problem really occur all of the time for you, I'd post it as a bug with your dxdiag.

What do you mean by "disconnect" btw? It's not just a crash to desktop? Could it be that Steam is doing a lot of work in the background, downloading updates and all that? That can sometimes make games unplayable and lag a lot.

Those sound like problems with your computer not the game -- it's not an online game, I don't understand what you mean by "disconnect." 

Also you can quicksave with the f5 key instantly so long as you're not in combat?

If you're playing on PotD you need to learn to use debuffs on enemies to bring their Deflection down.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Either it crashes the game completely, or just like a few minutes ago it disconnected me to the menu screen, giving a message about "we are trying to protect you from corrupting your save files" or along those lines...  I also noticed when ever I alt tab, it also messes up the interface, unable to click things, sometimes things disappear. But year your right, maybe i should try taking screen shots. This is starting to get frustrating. Not to mention my laptop is fairly new.

Those sound like problems with your computer not the game -- it's not an online game, I don't understand what you mean by "disconnect." 

Also you can quicksave with the f5 key instantly so long as you're not in combat?

If you're playing on PotD you need to learn to use debuffs on enemies to bring their Deflection down.

POTD is not the problem, Im quite experienced at it. But thanks for the f5 key, never knew about it. They should really just have that in the menu instead of hiding it in the controls -_-

Edit:

Oh yeah nvm, cant be used in trial of iron mode!!! Cheers!! -Just tested it

Edited by Elizer

I wish they would have a autosave in hardcore more.. OR ALLOW YOU TO SAVE WITHOUT QUITTING TO THE FRONT SCREEN making everything so tedious. I don't even see why I cant just save them game without quitting.

Isn't... Isn't that the point of Ironman? So you can't just... save whenever you want?

I mean, I never play ironman, but I was always under the impression that was how you did it, isn't it?

Apart from the syncing problem I got all these bugs, lag in inventory when dragging items, floating fight numbers after encounters, extra abilities when retraining main char and dont forget the **** framerate over time.

Same here, very slow on starting/quiting the game. Lag when open inventory and drag item.

The inventory lag was already present in PoE1 and was really quite noticeable. It has got worse in Deadfire.

Interestingly enough, although toning down the graphics settings will fix all other graphics issues (i.e. lag) for me, it does absolutely nothing to the inventory lag. I wonder if a graphics expert could make an educated guess on the basis of that.

Edited by xzar_monty
  • Like 1

The inventory lag was already present in PoE1 and was really quite noticeable. It has got worse in Deadfire.

Interestingly enough, although toning down the graphics settings will fix all other graphics issues (i.e. lag) for me, it does absolutely nothing to the inventory lag. I wonder if a graphics expert could make an educated guess on the basis of that.

I've never had inventory lag before. It's likely not a graphics issue. I imagine (I may be incorrect), that you have a rather large amount of items in your inventory/stash that the game is trying to reference all at once; it might be an issue with system memory- especially with the memory leak issues after long periods of play.

Isn't... Isn't that the point of Ironman? So you can't just... save whenever you want?

I mean, I never play ironman, but I was always under the impression that was how you did it, isn't it?

N-N-N-N -No.... No you are allowed to save.... anywhere, you just have to quit the game when you save for some reason. If they are going to be critical about the saves, it should have an autosave when ever you leave a map so you can't back track. More smarter isnt it? Unlike right now, people could easily just reload there game. They need to lock the menu, or something.

Also the purpose of Trial of Iron is to have the thrill of being truly killed. 

Edited by Elizer

Every day I feel a little more broken, too.

It's okay, though.

I just have to accept it and move on...

Edited by anathanielh

I've never had inventory lag before. It's likely not a graphics issue. I imagine (I may be incorrect), that you have a rather large amount of items in your inventory/stash that the game is trying to reference all at once; it might be an issue with system memory- especially with the memory leak issues after long periods of play.

A reasonable theory, but the lag is there right from the start of the game, when the inventory is basically empty.

I've never had inventory lag in PoE 1 unless I had tons of stuff in my stash. After selling most of what was in my stash, the lag would be gone. I haven't yet had inventory lag in Deadfire, but I've been selling stuff from my stash pretty regularly. 

New thing i found in my trial of iron! MAGICAL ENEMIESSSSSS!!! Saved, and forced to quit game, when I reloaded my game,I spawn in within a bunch of enemies (i cleared the whole map before saving, and being forced to quit to main menu).

Starting to feel they shouldnt have released magrans challenge, with the no pause games if theres these many glitches. They could atleast give you the starting pause so you can react Lol. and no theres no screen shot for that, no pausing no reaction time, insta dead.

Edited by Elizer