Hello,

i am trying a solo Marauder build - Berserker / Trickster and i have encountered quite serious problem.

My frenzy make me confused and that causes Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage to terrfy me as well. I have resitance to resolve affliction which reduces the terrify to frightened but still.

Is there any way to negate the confusion or be immune to resolve afflictions completely? I mean tools available to this class combo. This is solo playtrough.

Svef and Captains banquet give only resistance to resolve afflictions, not immunity. Which doesnt solve my problem unfortunately.

Thank you for your tips.

As a personal note: That is actually a hilarious interaction. How the repulsive visage works is that in the description, your face becomes a nightmare, and enemies are terrified as a result... how does one terrify oneself if you cant see your own face? Does the PC carry around a small mirror all the time? :p

I think the solution is rather than targeting the resolve affliction, try to remove confused, since it is the lowest tier int affliction(and thus only requires a resistance to int afflictions to be immune to it). 

Another option other than the Svef mentioned by Loren is picking up the Devil of Caroc breastplate from the armorer in Perkis overlook, assuming that in your game, Devil spared the guy in her quest(required for the armor to show up). That armor has an enchant which grants resistance to intellect afflictions. In case you don't want to snuff Svef all game long. 

Edited by Ciphys

Devil of Caroc's breastplate is a one-size fits all solution that has been mentioned. It's also great for any non-spellcaster multiclass, as it gives you a total of +4 resources per fight.

Another good solution is Modwyr, which will provide Immunity to Intellect afflictions, although that requires you to be holding it. I suppose you might try keeping Modwyr in an alternate slot for when you start Frenzy, and then switching to your main weapon set. Could be reasonable.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I have been told that the beserker subclass benefit of the extra +30% hit to crit is actually worse then an extra +10 accuracy bonus.

Makes sense beacuse accuracey vs deflection is how the crit calculation works

So dont roll beserkers you will be far better off with a fighter with the fighters starting ability that buffs acc and hit to crit and you dont get confused

Edited by no1fanboy

Yeah... But a resistance to intellect afflictons completely removes confused since it's the lowest tier intellect affliction. And that removes the problem with Terrify immediately without the need to tinker around with your self induced resolve afflictons. The only thing is you need two Vithrack brains for the enchantment of the Breastplate. You can buy those at Splintered Reef.

Breastplate is the best way for a Berserker/something to remove confusion because it also has a speed buff and gives you +2/+2 resource points (in this case +2 Rage and +2 Guile).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thank you for your tips. Devil of Caroc is the best option and it should work fine. I think i tried svef too and it didnt work, but i might have used it before traveling and it expired, i cant remember now, it was pretty late.

And going Fighter + trickster instead of berserker + trickster might be good idea but i already started the first option, i dont know if it is optimal or not, but i want to test it properly first. I chose berserker/barbarian also for the ability to cleave with its attacks, i dont know how is Fighter in that area. With cleaving stance etc compared to barbarian. What do you think? Have anyone tested these builds? I think Fighter might be more durable but will do less damage.

I have been told that the beserker subclass benefit of the extra +30% hit to crit is actually worse then an extra +10 accuracy bonus.

So dont roll beserkers you will be far better off with a fighter with the fighters starting ability that buffs acc and hit to crit and you dont get confused

Possibly, not sure about that. But a Berserker can still get the same bonus from external sources, for example Priest buffs. Plus he also gets +2 Armor (can upgrade to +3), +2 Penetration, +5 Might & Con, and +25% speed (can be further improved on kill).

Edited by Haplok

Berserker brings plenty to the table that fighter doesn't, including extra penetration and armor, more consistent crowd control, better attack speed, and some really slick general talents. Barbarians in general are particularly slick with Lord Darryn's Voulge now that it's been nerfed, as they can still proc static charges on multiple simultaneous opponents.

(That's not to say fighters aren't great, but Mob Stance and a bit of extra accuracy so not make them better at being barbarians. They have different roles.)

Trickster in particular might be better with fighter or paladin, given their great defensive buffs, while Streetfighters have more immediate synergy with berserker due to the barbarian's knack for fighting while bloodied, but the difference isn't life-changing.

Trickster in particular might be better with fighter or paladin, given their great defensive buffs, while Streetfighters have more immediate synergy with berserker due to the barbarian's knack for fighting while bloodied, but the difference isn't life-changing.

I was a bit worried about streetfighter+berserker that it would be very squishy. And since trickster got nice buffs this patch i wanted to give it a shot. Please note that i am only strictly interested in solo potd upscaled with no beraths viability. I dont care about group viability.

It is kind of difficult to compare Zerker and Fighter it is like apples and oranges. Fighter has more "control" and tad better defenses while zerker does in the end more pure damage with all its passives. 

Zerker does splash damage indiscriminately while with fighter you can control a bit more what your are damaging. 

I was a bit worried about streetfighter+berserker that it would be very squishy. And since trickster got nice buffs this patch i wanted to give it a shot. Please note that i am only strictly interested in solo potd upscaled with no beraths viability. I dont care about group viability.

Very squishy

To do solo PotD you need:

* High regen + Constitution

* Regen that overcome damage (only fighter has it :D)

* Stack armor (Paladin or Barb + Fire Godlike + Heavy Armor)

* Stack deflection something like 130+

* Big and strong AOE, Druid, Mage, Priest

* Cipher CC

* Summons

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Very squishy

To do solo PotD you need:

* High regen + Constitution

* Regen that overcome damage (only fighter has it :D)

* Stack armor (Paladin or Barb + Fire Godlike + Heavy Armor)

* Stack deflection something like 130+

* Big and strong AOE, Druid, Mage, Priest

* Cipher CC

* Summons

I have already done solo potd on wizard and on monk. Wizard was older patch, monk was latest. Both got very easy later on. So i am trying other classes now. It seemed to be that trickster+berserker combo could work, might be more on the squishy side, but trickster brinds some good deflection buffs and constant terrify which is very strong and rogue + berserker bring also very nice damage.

Edited by Bhall

I mean I soloed game on Potd+deadfire mod with assassin (+15% damage taken) and Beserker. Early on you just kill 1-2 enemies, use shadowing beyond to reset combat and kill again - that's kind of the standard way to not die if you take on too much.

Later when you get defensives like savage defiance and levels you can stack +ar robust, spirit potion, whiteleaf and moonwell scrolls for good health/sec and ar. That was enough to not have to use a shield/turtle up but just go 2 sabres or the Lord Darryn's Voulge and do what rogue/zerker is good at- damage. Consumables got nerfed now in 1.2 but in that run I did not need to use poison effects, right now you may as well use stone joint to speed up boss kills since alchemy is not as high scaling as it was before. 

It rather depends on your existing accuracy which is better, as well as a bunch of other factors. On the whole I would say +10 ACC is better, but especially as an active effect it has some downsides as well. Hit conversions all stack with each other (though not additively, so there are dimishing returns to consider there as well), whereas active +ACC sources and Perception inspirations don't. Depending on what other active buffs your character is likely to receive / can receive, that is a consideration as well. And of course Perception inspirations are easier to lose as well, in practice. 

In comparison to the Fighter's Disciplined Barrage, that also only gives an indirect +5 ACC; even with the Graze conversion, I'd say there the edge would definitely go to the Berserker's +30% Hit conversion.

It rather depends on your existing accuracy which is better, as well as a bunch of other factors. On the whole I would say +10 ACC is better, but especially as an active effect it has some downsides as well. Hit conversions all stack with each other (though not additively, so there are dimishing returns to consider there as well), whereas active +ACC sources and Perception inspirations don't. Depending on what other active buffs your character is likely to receive / can receive, that is a consideration as well. And of course Perception inspirations are easier to lose as well, in practice.

In comparison to the Fighter's Disciplined Barrage, that also only gives an indirect +5 ACC; even with the Graze conversion, I'd say there the edge would definitely go to the Berserker's +30% Hit conversion.

On-crit effects and critical damage increases are also a factor. Depending on your build, the benefit of landing more crits can absolutely make up for the cost of landing more grazes.

Svef gives resistance to Intellect afflictions as well though, so that should prevent you getting Confused in the first place.

True but you're not going to have enough Svef to satisfy that constant addiction;)