• 2 years later...

On poko Kahara during the first encounter with aparo and auata at the entrance to the sanctum I decided to kill em all cuz i didnt like their attitude.  I looted 2 from the group.   Ended up reloading it.  I dont seem to be able to pickpocket them from em but ive gotten them from other people elsewhere.  I pickpocket every person in the game lol.   Deciding now whether or not to slaughter em again.   Its my first playthrough.......Plan to play again immediately after.   Tough decision.  Played  POE1 twice and had this installed and waiting.   Really enjoying the series

2 hours ago, Birdtown said:

Just pickpocketed one from a villager in the garden to the right (poko kahara). day 481 hour 20      17 early autumn 2829

you don't have berath's blessing on for loaded pockets? big if you can actually pick pocket even just one adra ban

Are you sure you found Adra Ban via pickpocket on Poko Kohara? Because Aparo and Auata should be on Ori o Koiki... and there are no neutral NPCs you can pickpocket on Poko Kohara, only enemies. :) 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

With loaded pockets I always occasionally get rare gems from pickpocketing once I hit lvl 10 or so. Before that, I only get the more common gems. Not sure if you can get them with loaded pockets as I always take this blessing.

• 3 weeks later...

The most reliable way to obtain Adra Ban is probably farming Belranga's spiderlings with a specialized team. A berseker/priest can use Withdraw on Belranga (and keep her alive) after she summons her spiderlings, while the rest of the team kills them over and over again. I think there's 1-2% chance for a spiderling to drop Adra Ban, but in theory you can kill as many as you want...

• Like 2

Never thought about using the spiderlings as source for Adra Ban (because I seldomly have a problem with Adra Ban scarcity) - good point!

Wouldn't it be even easier to just bring a potion of invisibility for the guy who triggers the combat and then use a Chanter hireling who sends summon wave after summon wave (like Ancient Instruments of Death) from a hiding place around the rocks (could be the same character)? I don't need more to defeat Belranga - and it always involves a truckload of dead spiderlings in the process because the summons can't realy harm Belranga a lot until a ton of spiderlings died before. ;)

It's possible to do rel. early, too. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

wave (like Ancient Instruments of Death) from a hiding place around the rocks (could be the same character)?

Yeah I’ve done this a bunch of times solo. A Herald or Harbinger can be nice. Give Belrangouille infinite dot/potion of invisibility/retreat at the entrance to block line of sight/sing skellies chant/add summons if you want/go have a beer to wait for lots of adra ban/dust/mythic stone. 

• Like 1