Yeah this is the only thing holding me back from like 5 upgrades to legendary.

I think it might be from big bosses only? Main quest stuff. Also just got one from the plant boss in the old city (dereo quest).

Someone also said they got some in poko kahara (sp?). Havent been there yet on this run to confirm.

The fire Dragon in ashen maw drops 3 scales that will act to upgrade 3 things to legendary without adra ban. The sea Dragon scales from the watershapers guild is auto upgrade to superb

Edited by Nefarious7

I think it might be from big bosses only? Main quest stuff. Also just got one from the plant boss in the old city (dereo quest).

Someone also said they got some in poko kahara (sp?). Havent been there yet on this run to confirm.

The fire Dragon in ashen maw drops 3 scales that will act to upgrade 3 things to legendary without adra ban. The sea Dragon scales from the watershapers guild is auto upgrade to superb

I can confirm there being some on Poko Kahara.

Adra Collossus on Poko Kohara Entrance nets 2 and in the first dungeon on the starting island in the secret room, where you have to put that necklace in the bowl.

• 1 year later...
On 5/21/2018 at 1:22 AM, baldurs_gate_2 said:

Fun Fact: On Ukaizo you get some, but after the last fight, it's pretty useless xd

you mean after the fight against the faction you didn't supported ? or against the triple dragon guardian ?

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

1 minute ago, baldurs_gate_2 said:

From the Adra Giants there

ok, question, can we return from Ondra Mortar and do the dlcs after fighting the 2 Adra giants ?

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

4 minutes ago, fced said:

ok, question, can we return from Ondra Mortar and do the dlcs after fighting the 2 Adra giants ?

I don't think you can. Going through the storm is marked as the point of no return. Another way to get more Adra Ban is to use the Berath Blessing Loaded Pockets. I usually pick up additional Adra Ban with this one. There's more Adra Ban found in the DLC though.

• Like 1

Just now, AeonsLegend said:

I don't think you can. Going through the storm is marked as the point of no return. Another way to get more Adra Ban is to use the Berath Blessing Loaded Pockets. I usually pick up additional Adra Ban with this one. There's more Adra Ban found in the DLC though.

with Berath Blessing Loaded Pockets, you mean pickpocket targets ? i am not really good at this, it took me 20 minutes and Maia help to steal the Kraken eye without being caught in Port Maje tavern, If by pickpocket i wonder how much point do you spend in "Furtivity" passive ability ?

2 minutes ago, fced said:

with Berath Blessing Loaded Pockets, you mean pickpocket targets ? i am not really good at this, it took me 20 minutes and Maia help to steal the Kraken eye without being caught in Port Maje tavern, If by pickpocket i wonder how much point do you spend in "Furtivity" passive ability ?

For getting steam achievements in this game, you get berath's blessings points, that you can use at the beginning of the game. So something like, that you get better items from pickpocketing, +2 ability stats for your main character or 50k gold at the beginning etc. There are 105 possible points to get through all achievements.

10 minutes ago, fced said:

You will need to level up stealth and pickpocket yes. Maia is a good choice as she by default has good stealth if you pick her as a scout. After you get some more good items for her such as boots of stealth and Mirrorback (cloak) she can walk around most areas without getting detected. Do note that guards have better detection skills than other inhabitants. You can also rest in "The hole" for another +2 to mechanics and stealth and use a Thiefs Putty for another 2 points.

There's a trick you can use when you have the items to steal items more effectively. They're Spark crackers. You can throw this somewhere and it will distract NPCs. They will walk towards it and your stealth character will be able to loot things. This is what I do to Captain Thaenic and steal all the stuff on the ship. Well except for that last chest that requires 24 mechanics. 

Edited by AeonsLegend

4 hours ago, AeonsLegend said:

You will need to level up stealth and pickpocket yes. Maia is a good choice as she by default has good stealth if you pick her as a scout. After you get some more good items for her such as boots of stealth and Mirrorback (cloak) she can walk around most areas without getting detected. Do note that guards have better detection skills than other inhabitants. You can also rest in "The hole" for another +2 to mechanics and stealth and use a Thiefs Putty for another 2 points.

There's a trick you can use when you have the items to steal items more effectively. They're Spark crackers. You can throw this somewhere and it will distract NPCs. They will walk towards it and your stealth character will be able to loot things. This is what I do to Captain Thaenic and steal all the stuff on the ship. Well except for that last chest that requires 24 mechanics. 

Wow great, after I finished my first NG, i searched internet about this specific "Loaded pocket" Berath Blessing, but didn't found good feedback about it, so I took all the others, i never imagined Spark crackers could be used that way, i thought they were only useful in in fight and if you were a rogue for stealth attack... In this game i even didn't got Arkemyr light wizard spell on Aloth because it last only one turn...

Since POE1 i was persuaded Stealth ability was the worst passive ability to get, i always picked Athletic first + Mechanic for chest and traps, and arriving in the middle of the game i put 2 stealth point for the front characters (Watcher, Eder, Pallegina usually) to get a bit closer to the enemies before they detect the group... In my first NG i understood the utility to of Arcane (mainly for healing spells), so I put 7 Arcane point on almost everybody...

Thank you very much

Edit : I thought Jadarferlas the Ancient magma dragon drop 2x magma dragon gizzard stones but I found only one on her body, I tried also to resolve the situation peacefully as i have done in my first game but this didn't reward any Magma Gizzard, Obsidian are really mingy...

Edited by fced

2 hours ago, fced said:

Obsidian are really mingy...

When talking about evil rewards in PoE (I think it was Gift from the Machine) Josh Sawyer once said something along the lines of: Like in real life doing the "right"* thing should be reward enough. Doing the "wrong" thing might get you material advantages, but it might also weigh on your mind - or in case of PoE/Deadfire: on your soul. 

And of course it's way more risky to fight a dragon - so the reward should be higher than if you simply talk your way out of a fight, shouldn't it? 

* in terms of benevolance

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

7 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

When talking about evil rewards in PoE (I think it was Gift from the Machine) Josh Sawyer once said something along the lines of: Like in real life doing the "right"* thing should be reward enough. Doing the "wrong" thing might get you material advantages, but it might also weigh on your mind - or in case of PoE/Deadfire: on your soul. 

And of course it's way more risky to fight a dragon - so the reward should be higher than if you simply talk your way out of a fight, shouldn't it? 

The thing, is i am 65% sure i got the magma stone in my first game (playing normal difficulty, game was still 1.03)... reward or not, i will not kill the dragon guardian under Neketaka...
PS : Dragon are intelligent creatures (sentient?), they could thanks us by spitting one or two stones... My cat do always this with grass, fur, etc...

Edited by fced

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Yea, but that doesn't really work in video games. I always absorb the souls even in a benevolent playthrough because the +1 Mig and +5% HP is too good to pass up. Yes I also always sacrifice a companion. If I play benevolent I always sacrifice Durance. Evil, I can pick anyone else. 😄 

Stuff like this doesn't weigh on your mind. Even when in POE2 your soul starts talking to you about this I don't give a rats ass. It doesn't weigh on your mind, because it's a game and it's not real. And the effects of being evil are non existent. In real life, being evil makes life completely different including the people you hang out with. In video games you can be the hero of the lands and murder children at the same time. Josh is just wrong.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, AeonsLegend said:

Yea, but that doesn't really work in video games. I always absorb the souls even in a benevolent playthrough because the +1 Mig and +5% HP is too good to pass up. Yes I also always sacrifice a companion. If I play benevolent I always sacrifice Durance. Evil, I can pick anyone else. 😄 

Stuff like this doesn't weigh on your mind. Even when in POE2 your soul starts talking to you about this I don't give a rats ass. It doesn't weigh on your mind, because it's a game and it's not real. And the effects of being evil are non existent. In real life, being evil makes life completely different including the people you hang out with. In video games you can be the hero of the lands and murder children at the same time. Josh is just wrong.

True, but sacrificing a companion, I needed them too much, even Aloth...

Just now, fced said:

True, but sacrificing a companion, I needed them too much, even Aloth...

I never sacrificed Aloth because his stats are useless for you :). On my first PT with Poe2 I loaded a save where I sacrificed Eder... that made it very difficult lol. Durance's stats are very good if you want to be more tanky. I also dispise Durance. I think I killed him in about 99% of my PT's even if I didn't sacrifice him I just killed him in Magran's Cross and looted his corpse. win-win.

1 minute ago, AeonsLegend said:

I never sacrificed Aloth because his stats are useless for you :). On my first PT with Poe2 I loaded a save where I sacrificed Eder... that made it very difficult lol. Durance's stats are very good if you want to be more tanky. I also dispise Durance. I think I killed him in about 99% of my PT's even if I didn't sacrifice him I just killed him in Magran's Cross and looted his corpse. win-win.

Lol, Durance story in POE is really touching, he is a f*$#@ bast#@ but, after the events of twin helms he sweet a bit, and completely enrage against Magran (if you revealed the truth), yes i could have sacrificed Durance.
I wonder, you imported in POE2 a save where you sacrified Eder (my fav tank), but was he here in Deadfire (bring back to life by Berath)  ?

2 minutes ago, fced said:

Lol, Durance story in POE is really touching, he is a f*$#@ bast#@ but, after the events of twin helms he sweet a bit, and completely enrage against Magran (if you revealed the truth), yes i could have sacrificed Durance.
I wonder, you imported in POE2 a save where you sacrified Eder (my fav tank), but was he here in Deadfire (bring back to life by Berath)  ?

Yea I did play with Durance all the way through. And even though his story is good I dislike him as a character. I dislike people like this in real life as well. Moron's who think they are better than anyone else and put that in your face. GTFO.

And Eder was definitely dead in POE2. So I played the beginning alone... Right now that wouldn't be an issue, but at that time it was my first playthrough so it was hard. I think I switched it to another PT later. My first game I finished with Eder, Aloth, Xoti and Mirke.

• Like 1