What Type Of Game Would You Like

I would obviously much like a Role-Playing game. Preferrably a good one.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

It just HAS to be a RPG with all the qualities we know from the developers - vivid scenario, an environment which is directly affected by your decisions, different endings based on how you solved quests, unconventional quests and lots of cool items...

an RPG naturally. A company like this with a lot of talent could do something unique after a success or two (KOTOR, maybe another Realms game).

I'd love to see the private eye environment explored. Play it as a bruiser ex-cop type, or a shifty sleuth, or hard-boiled Marlowe character. If that's been done before I haven't heard about it.

Or the western genre, that's just begging for a good treatment (Desperados was kind of disappointing i thought). Imagine a Tactics-type perspective on the wild west, with every kind of cowboy, Indian, outlaw, etc. gunning for the ancient Aztec gold (or whatever) the sky's the limit.

Most RPGs are fantasy-based, and that's usually cool, but no reason a fresh company can't take some chances and break new ground.

A rpg with a 3d engine like SWG, the D&D ruleset and RT with pause. It'd love it to be multiplayer so that I can play with my friends on a LAN. Also I'd like the game released when it was ready, although I realize commercial considerations can sometimes get in the way.

"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing that is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

.. since you asked, the game I would most like to see is project Jefferson completed by Obsidian. It would be nice not to have to wait the several years it would take for them to develop a project of that caliber from scratch. What else is Interplay going to do with that thing, leave it on a shelf to rot?

Other than that, any PC-only role-playing game. Any setting will do as long as it isn't Old West or Superhero related.

What I would like to see an engaging and enjoyable RPG. Setting, rule set, engine, etc., are all periphery. I think the former can be accomplished with any reasonable limitations by the latter.

For their first game though, what I most want is a commercial success. Something that will give them the flexibility and financial safety net to take more creative risks in the future, hopefully letting them develop many games over the coming years.

Since they are partnering with Bioware, is it safe to assume that they can use the D&D & Forgotten Realms licenses too?

Like Greation said, I expect them to play it safe with their first release and use either the Star Wars or FR licenses. However, I'd much prefer that they work on a RPG in an "unconventional" setting, rather than Tolkein style fantasy or space scifi. It could be, like someone else said, a western, or based on the mythology of ancient cultures, or set in conflict areas of today, like Afghanistan.

A western RPG certainly would stand out at this point... not a re-inactment of some long-lamented war, not medievil, or post-apocolyptic, nor futuristic... you've got guns, Calvery, bandits, cowboys and Indians.. nice diverse spectrum in an otherwise unexplored enviroment for RPGs

I would like a detailed Cyberpunk RPG...

Something with some real teeth. Nice and detailed and no falling into 'dumbing down' for consoles.

If not that then KOTOR2 would be nice (if done well, and fixing all the original problems with the inventory). A FR settings would be OK too, but it would have to have a great plot and better 'evil' paths, maybe something like ToEE was going to be before it was boned...

I'd like a wild west crpg. Or a variation of it. Mabye wild west mixed with some high-tech stuff, like cyberpunk or post-apoc.

Turn-based, good speech system, your choices making a difference etc.

Other than that...mabye a space crpg? Not just a space-trading game with some faceless pilot, it should be the other way around.

>*

Bring back Dark Sun! I know it will never happen b/c that whole franchise is dead, but it was always the only D&D setting I ever really liked...

Back to the old west RPG concept- I always wanted to play a native american character... A French and Indian War setting would be nice too.

Setting: Maybe based on the books of George R.R. Martin or Robin Hobb, or something but, setting actually doesn't really matter to me.

What I would like to see in a game:

- An RPG where your dialogue choices *really* have an impact on the game, not a

dialogue where there are 4 options which all lead to combat.

- Lots of interaction within the party, like in Planescape.

- Good voice acting, again, like in Planescape.

- Lots of useless items with a good story (like books ;) )

- Lots of skills (not just combat skills) and/or classes.

- Good item descriptions, preferably like in BG II.

- Not a half finished game :)

Something good. Something that isn't over-familiar. Something well thought out and planned.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

How about a game where you will not gain power, but *loose* power, as the game goes on. You would depend more and more on your party members or other npcs.

That would give them a good opportunity to backstab you ;)

It would certainly be different, maybe make it so that you gain abilities which are very subtle, instead of damaging abilities. That way you actually have to use tactics....

Well, lessee...

-An RPG, obviously.

-Though I can only hope for this, I would greatly prefer an isometric game, I've never liked the 3D NWN/KotOR look. And 1st person (Morrowind) isn't really my style as well.

-For a setting, I would like something original. So no Star Wars (with KotOR and Galaxies, I have more than enough Star Wars to get my fix for a long while, thank you) or FR (I like the things BI has done with Baldur's Gate, but things can get old).

I don't know if I could like a western CRPG, but I might try it out nonetheless. My own preferences for settings would either be Cyberpunk or something set in medieval times, during the Crusades or the British/French wars, so without magic apart from the occasional witch or miracle.

Well heres something thats likely to never happen but Id personally love to see a game based off of Firefly. Its just such an incredably vivid and imense setting and if done right (see: antithesis of the Farscape game) it could be an incredable gaming experience.