Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Amentep

Global Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Amentep

  1. Hmm, I always thought the Avengers: Britain was a different group...
  2. I dunno I hear the 2004 pilot The Robinsons: Lost in Space is pretty dire. And while the 1998 movie had a lot of problems (most specifically miscasting IMO John Robinson), I actually liked it a lot more than I really should have.
  3. I'm keeping a wait and see attitude on it. But they created a nice visual look, at least. That said I'm worried over what B-9 will look like....
  4. This guy? I think for first recorded school shooting, its Heinz Schmidt who killed 5 children in a Breman, Germany school in 1913. Whitman is the first school shooting I can recall for the US, but there were two school bombings (Andrew Kehoe and the Bath School in 1927 and Paul Orgeron and Poe Elementary in 1959) that preceded Whitman's bell tower attacks of '66
  5. Closed for length. New Thread
  6. The new thread for posting funny stuff. Previous thread ended with this:
  7. First computer RPG I played was Phantasie in 1985 (or 87?) for the Commodore 64. I had a bit of background on the basics of RPGs from having played D&D. Still had to figure out the interface - the game itself was a lot more complex than anything else I'd tried to date on the 2600 or C64. Eventually got the hang of it though. At this point its been so long I can't really tell you what was difficult per se. There was an initial learning curve of what I could do, but that was a looooong time ago. I liked the genre enough to try some other games I could get my hands on (I remember Ultima and Questron II (?) and the roguelike Sword of Fargoal and the action RPG Times of Lore). Weirdly the main WIzardry series missed me entirely until people here convinced me to try Wizardry 8.
  8. Eventually education will probably be moved to an online delivery format.
  9. I probably enjoyed the structure of Titan Quest more than the sort of open wandering of Sacred, but I liked both.
  10. Ah, Threads - for when The Day After is just too upbeat for you.
  11. How did you lose the character? Generally if you remove a character from the party that character and their progress is still there and they can be added back to the party. Did something else happen? Was the character created with a nickname?
  12. Oh Resident Evil is a fun enough film, but I wouldn't argue that its a great film in any objective sense.
  13. Wonder if THQ would try to bring back Sacred in a form more like the first two rather than Deep Silver's Sacred 3. Or if the IP is just dead now after 3.
  14. The only thing that bugs me with criticisms is when the critic tries to justify the critique by trying to project their own feelings on the people who made the move (most commonly used with an actor - something like "X is usually able to enliven a bad film, but even X looks embarrassed to be in this production..."). Or instances like Roger Ebert's review of the original Resident Evil movie (which has enough problems going on to address on its own) which takes at least a paragraph to criticize the IMDB entry for the film! But otherwise its just an opinion.
  15. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/eli-wallach-dead-good-bad-714794 RIP Eli Wallach.
  16. The game 'scales' to the number of characters you have in your party. More characters = more locations to explore the cards in, more locations for the boss to escape to, more location rules to have to deal with. The game is beatable with one character or with 6. 4 creates a nice balance. Any character beyond the Rogue Merisiel & Cleric Kyra would have to be bought. But again the game should be able to be completed without the other characters. Are you unable to finish the scenario because you run out of time or because you are being defeated?
  17. Yeah, that's been slowly cooling my interest in ANW as well.
  18. I used to love the Olympics, but the incessant need to promote the competitors instead of the competition (ie, instead of showing you an actual competition as it unfolds/unfolded, here are 40 minutes of various athlete's hard-luck stories about how they overcame adversity to be here with 5 minutes of ballyhoo/hype, 5 minutes of edited highlights of the competition and 10 minutes of commercials to round out the hour) has really strangled sports programming as a whole, IMO.
  19. Less than a d4 and you're talking chits.
  20. I still get a giggle out of people using D2 to refer to Diablo 2 and responding as if we're talking about D2 ... I have no life.
  21. I wasn't that crazy about Shining Wisdom and could never beat Shining in the Darkness, but I remember liking Shining the Holy Ark.
  22. I wish they'd actually released all of SF3 in the US instead of just the first chapter. Or are you counting SFCD / SF Gaiden as the third game? ... Now I want to replay SF games.
  23. I thought Shining Force had a turn based system where you could move any character you wanted to during your turn? Has it really been that long since I played it?
  24. Sounds like an adjunct (aka part-time) professor who was teaching a course that they probably were only marginally qualified to teach.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.