Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hurlshort

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hurlshort

  1. The original poster was a signature with a famous wrestler who died recently. It's actually a very sad story, I think his name is Eddie Guerrero.
  2. There are definitely two types of "turn-based' games being talked about here. The types with turns like Fallout, Jagged Alliance, and ToEE are meant to allow extreme tactical care. In this type, everything is happening very quickly within the context of the game, but you are being given unlimited time to plan out your actions. I personally love this style. The other turn-based combat is the type where the turns occur automatically. Most of these games allow you to pause and plan, such as BG, NWN, and KotOR. Some of these games don't, like WoW, Vampire, and (gasp!) Diablo. I don't like the combat of these games nearly as much. I can't plan things out as well. If I play these games, it's usually not for the combat, it's for the story. I prefer either to real-time games, bcause I feel rushed in those. I don't want the game to be about how quick I am with the mouse. I want to take my time and strategize.
  3. Unfortunately, this really doesn't measure faith. My wife was raised Catholic, but she hasn't been to a Catholic church for 15 years. Yet she still consideres herself Catholic. I think this is odd, but I also know quite a few people who are the exact same way. Myself, I don't attend church, but I have faith. I would say that in many parts of the world, organized religion has lost some of its power.
  4. 3 and a half is pretty young, the Backyard sports games are pretty good and easy for young kids. Eventually, get Oregon Trail, that game rocks.
  5. Smoking has actually not decreased significantly in recent years. It's been pretty steady at 25% of the population in North America. It's also on the rise again in teenagers.
  6. Won't the Revolution be cheaper than the Xbox? Will it play Movies the same way? I'll end up owning all the systems eventually, it's just deciding which one I'll own first. Right now, the Xbox doesn't have the titles to entice me.
  7. If you pick the lock on Fidel's jail cell (lockpicks are sold by the forester in the woords) all the prisoners will break out. It adds to the confusion quite a bit.
  8. I think it was the World Health Organization that stated 50% of smokers will die of a smoking related disease. Personally, I just think that all smokers smell like arse.
  9. Well, I think the point of Hammer and Sickle was to use minimum force...so maybe they are just trying to teach you a lesson...Mr. Violence
  10. I agree, I want to see a few more East Coast-West Coast games. The problem is the West Coast teams have to travel way more than the East Coast teams, so the new schedule is to help that out. I don't need to see the Ducks 8 times. I get to see Sydney Crosby in like 2 years.
  11. Do you need a monitor? I noticed the two systems you listed...one had a monitor. That's an extra cost, although very doable at $1500. I wouldn't go dual processor, you're better off using the savings from that to buy a better video card. Also, get a tower with serious breathability. You want fans everywhere.
  12. I went in to the commandants home, and had my girl strangle him. Then I took his uniform and wandered around the prison. This way I was able to attack at Fidel's cell, and fight my way out. Still, even that was super hard.
  13. The outcome is laready worked out? What does that mean? I'd like to think that if I change my tactics, I can change the outcome. SS is serious tactical combat (I'm not saying Fire Emblem isn't, I've never played it.) Very few games require you to meticulously use your turns like SS does. And just like in life, one bad move can screw your whole mission over...or you might get lucky. I'm enjoying the prison break mission in Hammer and sickle, although I've died every time on it. Either I'm rusty, or this is some hard stuff.
  14. I just got done playing a bit of the demo, and I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, I loved the combat in Silent Storm, and this has that, plus a bit of story and skill checking thrown in. I think I might have to ignore the reviewer on this one, it looks like a gem.
  15. I didn't think the Sharks had a shot after that 1st period, but they came back. So Marleau has 6 points in the last two games...I'm thinking he's benefiting from Thornton being the center of attention. Hey, McCauly was a Leaf for like 6 years...did he get a decent reception? I'm sure the two goals were nice for him.
  16. I'm pissed at my Tivo...the episode got cut off right after Kate petted the horse. Did anything happen next? Did they watch the fixed film?
  17. They really whooped on Buffalo last night, but I hope the Sharks aren't too tired to take the Leafs tonight. Thornton had two assists, so he's definitely settled in quickly enough. I was more impressed by this rookie, Grant Stevenson. The kid has like 5 points in 5 games, and I had never heard of him before they brought him up a few games ago.
  18. I played Bloodlines out of the box too...not to go too far off topic. Again, comparing PC's to consoles is futile. The PC has too many other uses. If I hated games, I'd still need a good PC to run all my Por...err, online movies
  19. In California, you are better off marking your minority. I've never heard of the minority police investigating a claim, but companies are supposed to employ some type of diversified workforce.
  20. Wow...if you think games are hard to run now on PC's...you must have missed the Dos days.
  21. I agree that Sturm is the real catch for Boston. He can play both ends of the ice very well, and I think he'll continue to net 20-30 goals for many years to come. In my eyes, the trade was really about choosing Thornton over Sturm for the Sharks. Sturm also has a ton of heart, which will also hurt the Sharks morale. Stuart has the potential to be a great defenseman, and he's shown it in spurts, but he's not consistent yet. He makes some real bad passes and plays in his own zone. Getting into a new environment might be just what he needs, though. The Sharks still need a new defenseman and Nabakov needs to wake up. Boston really did benefit from this trade, although lots of people are screaming foul.
  22. Uh, go to college. Go at night, take out loans to cover it, and in 4-8 years you'll have that degree. Your ideas will still be there by then.
  23. Both LA and SOE are known for making some bad decisions... I played it for about a month. I enjoyed many aspects of it, but the worlds were just too generic for me. It's nice that there are player run cities, but there is so much endless generic territory. Even the cities are pretty underwhelming. I knew a few people that really got into it, but recently they are up in arms. I hate sounding like a WoW fanboy, but if you really want a MMORPG go for WoW or EQ2, they are just more solid and better supported. If you are looking for a futuristic game, I keep hearing little tidbits about Neocron and Eve Online. I don't know anything about them though.
  24. Hmm, so I try and help by supporting your topic, and you turn it into a competition? Very interesting, I guess gratitude is under-rated these days.
  25. I only trust Computer Gaming World when it comes to reviews. Even so, different reviewers have different tastes. Also, Xbox360 games will probably be given a bit of a boost in reviews because the system is new, they have fancy graphics, and there isn't much to compare them to. I've also noticed how little reviews have to do with sales figures. Madden doesn't need good reviews. It will just sell like crazy.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.