Everything posted by Hurlshort
-
What Are You Playing Now: The meaning of life
Yikes, that was fast. I am like an hour in. The humor does fall a bit flat for me, but I'm keeping at it!
-
What Are You Playing Now: The meaning of life
I like how you guys talk about your backlog as if it is a number that can potentially go down. We all know that it only increases every year.
-
Weird, random, interesting - now with 100% less diacriticals
https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-56126016 Interesting and somewhat sad story on the cost of misinformation and conspiracy theories.
-
Food Thread - What are you eating?
That is Cole Soup, not slaw. But yeah, that brisket looks great!
-
General movie thread!!!!
How dare you.
-
Funny Stuff: Humour of the Clones
The complete lack of any reaction is my life every day on zoom.
-
What Are You Playing Now: The meaning of life
Breathedge releases today, so I will start a game of that in earnest.
-
Cyberpunk 2077 continuing discussion
I just don't understand how anyone complains about the game being too short. I put in about 50 hours and I don't think I was that close to the end. I stalled out, but I am pretty comfortable with the idea I will return to it. It is an enjoyable game. I think people just have crazy expectations.
-
What You've Done Today - As the World Turns
I got some good news on the housing front. We are renting from some friends. Eventually they want to develop the property. It is zoned residential/commercial, and they plan on putting a business at the front and condo units behind or on top. I was worried they were looking to break ground in the next yeae, but it sounds like they are waiting. They are also interested in letting us buy a condo unit, which might be perfect for us. We love the location, so hopefully we can figure out a way to stay long term.
-
Weird, random, interesting - now with 100% less diacriticals
Damn, that was hard to watch.
- Never Winter Nights 3
-
randoM vidEo gAme News
Hah, watch it end up with a Brian Mitsoda led studio.
-
What Are You Playing Now: The meaning of life
Probably a good mix of people that never played it and have it just sitting in their library, and a few that just played it in offline mode. As a kickstarter game, some people might have it on other platforms as well. I never beat it. Played a ton of hours but preferred to tool around in my sub.
-
Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
Do they have options on this stuff? I know trying to read my pg&e bill is way above my paygrade. They recently changed my plan to a different tier automatically. I had to sign stuff to get it back to what it was before. The point is most typical consumers are not experts in this, and they really shouldnt need to be. There should be reasonable limits on the way a utitliy comapny can fleece you, given it is something we all rely on.
-
Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
But guys, there was a picture of a frozen windmill, so clearly DP is correct.
-
Put ‘em on ice! The 2021 Hockey Thread.
That is karma for not putting the Sharks in the Lake Tahoe game. Also, it did look beautiful, at least.
-
What Are You Playing Now: The meaning of life
I picked up Battlefield 1 on sale. It is the first BF game I've played in a long while, but it still felt pretty comfortable from my BF2 days. I played through the pilot storyline and it was alright.
-
Politics... World events
Yeah, nobody is defending Facebook for this stuff, just pointing out they are free to do it. It would be even worse to allow the government to force a private company into publishing something they don't want, but I suppose they is a lot of wiggle room there.
-
Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
The idea that these people are simply unprepared and should be blamed is pretty callous. These are people that are likely adept at dealing with hurricanes and heat waves. They are facing something nearly unprecedented for the region.
-
Obituary thread
This movie was super important for me as a late elementary school kid.
-
What You've Done Today - As the World Turns
I assume EDI is different than ED. Although it sounds like women can help with both.
-
What You've Done Today - As the World Turns
But won't the brick crumble when the earthquakes hit?
-
Obituary thread
I am curious what Howard Stern will say about tomorrow on the radio.
-
Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
Former Colorado City mayor has an interesting approach to the current weather emergency.
-
What You've Done Today - As the World Turns
1300 square feet. This isn't Texas. The 2000-3000 square foot houses around here are well over a million. Everything new is built in the 2000 square foot range, so there is also very little inventory under a million and they are all older.