Everything posted by Hurlshort
-
Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
Uh, his $50k investment is still worth like $22 million, so I'm not sure how big his tears are.
-
The TV and Streaming thread Series 3
I was sold early on, but some pretty cool stories about Andre the Giant made it a must watch show.
-
General movie thread!!!!
Hah, I just watched that for the first time as well. I am watching Spartacus now. I was reading a Kirk Douglas biography and it set me off on a bit of a classic movie binge.
-
Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
That got me thinking about how much burgers have changed in cost: https://www.insider.com/fast-food-burgers-cost-every-year-2018-9#in-2018-your-burger-costs-an-average-of-264-25 Here's the thing, the end use may pay all the costs, but the workers rarely see the profits from those widgets. Fast food companies make too much money not to keep up with a basic cost of living increase for their employees.
-
Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
Really? I mean it is a 1 dimensional role playing character. Every post circles back to the same thing. It's like a dialogue loop.
-
Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
LBJ took quite a bit of what JFK had begun and supersized it. The Civil Rights Act and Vietnam, namely.
-
The TV and Streaming thread Series 3
Please don't start writing like Bruce.
-
What You've Done Today - As the World Turns
On to better things, GD! My daughter had me take her to an Asian market called H Mart this weekend. It is a strange amalgamation of American Supermarkets and a Chinese street market. It was also the most crowded place I have been since Covid started, and so I was a bit uncomfortable. Still, the Korean pickled rice bowl I picked up was delicious.
-
Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
She would do pretty much the same stuff and lean on the same staff of people that Biden in currently leaning on.
-
Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
Oh, they will also protect all the rich repubs. Do you really think there is a difference between Pelosi and Mitch McConnell?
-
The What Are You Reading thread (now with a simpler name)
I have been reading Kloos too. I started Kirk Douglas's Spartacus Biography. It is really good. I also had started watching Trumbo a few months ago, but lost interest an hour in. After reading what Kirk Douglas had to say, I had to go back and finish the movie. It helped with the context quite a bit.
-
General movie thread!!!!
I thought it was just a bunch of former action stars that wanted to get together and hang out. It looked like it would have been a lot of fun to be on the set. That didn't necessarily translate into movie magic. Antonio Banderas had the best part, I think. He is always fun to watch.
-
What Are You Playing Now: The meaning of life
I don't think any of them have timers.
-
Weird, random, interesting - now with 100% less diacriticals
That is exactly how I instacart shop for people.
-
Weird, random, interesting - now with 100% less diacriticals
I am ready for a Vegas trip.
-
What You've Done Today - As the World Turns
I heard exercise also helps with the way the vaccine hits you, although that could just be those tricky doctors trying to get people to be healthy.
-
randoM vidEo gAme News
I'd say that is for the best. Trying to impersonate one of the previous actors just sounds cheesy.
-
Strike Three... the 2021 Baseball Thread
Yeah, it's garbage. Shilling should be in, so that's dumb. I mean he may not be a sympathetic character, and his temper tantrum is childish, but his career is what it is. Bonds and Clemens are two of the best players to play the game. They were also the best steroid users during the age of steroid use. It is dumb that they aren't in. The BBWAA is such a bizarre, out of touch organization. This doesn't help baseball. It hurts it.
-
Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
Always fun to see people against government handouts AND against a livable wage.
-
Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
Growing your own fruits and veggies also requires quite a bit of organization at harvest time. We have 3 lemon trees, but trying to get my daughter, who seems to live off lemon juice, to harvest and juice them is a monumental task. So a good chunk of them just sit and go to waste. At least we have gotten good at handing off the persimmons to people, and we do eat the apples and pears as they get ripe. Our vegetable garden is a joke. I might get a couple meals out of them during harvest time, but it is just tomatoes and and squash. There isn't enough of them to really feed the family of 5.
-
Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
Fruits and veggies have been way more expensive in the pandemic, for sure.
-
Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
- Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
Might be giving the guy too much credit though. Could he repeat such a thing? Did he really have control over it once it started to spread? Symbols are a notoriously fickle thing.- Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
The OK sign has always been a bit sketchy though. I still remember getting punched in the arm in middle school whenever I was gullible enough to look down at it.- Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)
Yes, everything can be changed over time. There is no shortage of replacement options though. Humans are creative and etymology is fascinating! - Politics US Edition (2021-vol 2)