Everything posted by Hurlshort
-
What are you playing now: The New Thread
Huh, I didn't even realize Prey didn't sell well. I enjoyed it and it seemed like it had some good buzz about it.
-
Weirder, More random, More Interesting.
That was my initial impression of this whole vaping phenomena. Just the fact that it doesn't make everything smell horrible seems to be an improvement over traditional smoking. But then you hear about exploding pens, toxic oils, and a massive spike in dumb teenagers doing this, and now I'm not so sure. The research isn't really there yet. We've got a pretty solid laundry list of all the crap that cigarettes will lead to, but vaping is basically rolling the dice with your health.
-
Weirder, More random, More Interesting.
Have you guys tried raking?
-
Weirder, More random, More Interesting.
Not a biased source at all. 🤣 I guess vapers can rest easy knowing the damage they do to their lungs may take years to pop up, rather than just months. Victory!
-
What are you playing now: The New Thread
Battle Brothers is great at making you think about what an acceptable loss is. I mean, you are going to lose some brothers. Sure, you could reload and try to redo the whole battle, but are you really that attached to Gunther the Gambler? He had a pretty good run before he got that arrow to the throat, and some of your other guys were pretty stellar in the fight, and it would be a shame to wipe that out. You can recruit a new guy in the next town.
-
Half-Life 3 sorta announced
Yeah, VR has been around for ages and still is more of a novelty. Maybe someday the tech will get there, but right now it makes too many people sick and has too many limitations.
-
Weirder, More random, More Interesting.
https://time.com/5737636/vogue-mexico-cover-muxe-trans-women/ I was surprised I had not heard of this cultural group. People tend to push this idea that all this transgender stuff is brand new, but you have this indigenous segment of a population that has been around for centuries. Also a bit disappointed that this isn't making the Vogue cover in the US.
-
What are you playing now: The New Thread
I've got a really bad case of the Battle Brothers bug. This game has me hooked badly. I just started my second company. My rookie campaign went pretty well, I helped a house win a war of nobles, but I had lost almost all of my original warriors over the campaign. They all died honorably, except for that one guy that tried to run from the Yeti-like creatures. In his defense, his broken arm never healed right, and he struggled to hold his shield properly. I decided to end the campaign after the war and give another scenario a try.
-
A Funny Stuff Thread
I am guessing Skarpie hasn't spent enough time on Hollywood Blvd. 🤣
-
What you did Today: The Story of you
Yeah, I was surprised by how many potential jurors got some serious skeletons in their closets. I mean, people really kind of overshare when the judges and lawyers ask them questions. You can probably just say there was some drug abuse in your family without going into the exact details. Also, you can't judge a book by its cover, because some of these people looked very put together and were like, "I was arrested 5 times but never formally charged."
-
What you did Today: The Story of you
I was not selected. I would have been dismissed anyways because of the case details. The defense attorney excused about 7 potential jurors, so that was interesting. Nice to sit and watch for a day, but I was pretty unhappy about the idea of a week or two of that.
-
A Funny Stuff Thread
That's not funny. Those people get to vote.
-
What you did Today: The Story of you
I don't get how people can sit still for so long. I will be asking for yoga breaks if I end up on a jury. Don't people need to circulate the blood a bit?
-
Politics First Contact
Thanks, some of those are solid. But I plan on ignoring my wheat allergy a bit. 😝
-
What you did Today: The Story of you
Sitting in a jury duty summons room that looks a lot like a bus stop terminal. The nice thing is the courthouse is a few blocks away from my house, so no long druve to work. But if I get assigned to a case and it goes into my vacation next week, I will be miserable.
-
Politics First Contact
Hmm, what kind of beer?
-
Forum Comments and Issues Repository
Yep, looks good on my end.
-
Pictures of your games 12
Oooh, that looks good!
-
Politics First Contact
We may not have formal censorship (I mean, we do, but it fits a fairly narrow field) but we do have accountability in the western media. If you outright lie about someone, you can be civilly liable. So it isn't the wild west, necessarily. Of course, many in the media are experts in the idea of half-truths. But honestly the vilification of the media by the government is so blatant, I don't understand how it is working so well. I am skeptical of trusting most media sources, but I sure as hell don't trust the government.
-
Politics First Contact
Western media is composed of a ton of different voices that all contradict each other and work to flip narratives in a way that benefits them. There isn't a consensus, and they aren't a single entity. It is also our best option for holding people in positions of power accountable. Chinese media is controlled by the people in power fully. It is completely censored. Western media might be a mess, but it isn't censored.
-
Politics First Contact
I question whether your wife and adult child will go along with your plan to buy a mine. It might take 24 years if you only have your own freedom dividend.
-
Phoenix Point, the next game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop, now on Fig
Ok, I'm getting excited. Between discovering Battle Brothers recently and this, I'm pretty happy with my future of TB squad combat games!
-
nfl 2019-2020
This Kaep tryout stuff is so weird. Both sides have completely different stories about what went down.
-
Forum Comments and Issues Repository
Yep, I am experiencing the same problems on mobile.
-
New Obsidian IP Announcement at X019
It, like many survival games, seems to be well suited for single player, so I don't see the need for a co-op experience. Honestly mosy of these survival games have quite a few rpg elements in them. Conan Exiles is a fantastic single player experience with levels, quests, etc all tied into a survival crafting experience. Subnautica has an amazing engaging world and story with excellent progression aspects. The Forest is scary and atmospheric. You might want to give one a try, they are all good solo games.