Everything posted by Gorgon
-
Fallout: New Vegas
I just dont get that immersed in a game I guess. To me, having a mechanic that offers no benefit (only penalties) and boils down to eat X every Y or you will die just becomes a busywork chore and detracts from the experience. I get that its more "realistic" but meh, I like my games to be fun, not work. Says the 120 level necromancer.
-
We can now programme cells with entirely artificial DNA
Further, if generational rifts that lead to radical changes are no longer common because the world is controlled by a cadre of immortals it would slow down or maybe even reverse progress in the organization of human society. If Brezhnev and Reagan had never left office, how long would the cold war have remained cold. 30 years, 100 ?.
-
We can now programme cells with entirely artificial DNA
Up to now the theoretical length of a human life is about 120-150 which is the extreme length of non renewable cells like those in the major organs. If we have cell regrowth for all cell types things solar radiation and exposure to oxygen, which starts to kill us literally from the moment we are born, would cease to be an issue. Those who could afford life long gene therapy to replace damaged cells could be immortal. I see promise for the second coming of LoF's Communist world revolution if money was the difference between life and death for everyone on the planet.
-
We can now programme cells with entirely artificial DNA
Remember Avatar, that really bad really pretty movie. In it genetic engineering was possible, for the very wealthy, who lived longer much healthier lives. Doesn't sound implausible at all.
-
Ubisoft Reports Losses..
It's disqualified for not playing fair, well in the case of the PC version anyway. No sane person would/should accept what the DRM is demanding.
-
Fallout: New Vegas
I wonder if we are going to see a return of Kevin Michael Richardson (the voice of Sarevok)
-
North Korea attacks and sinks South Korean ship, killing 46 people
Make it look like one of his girlfriends did it. Besides, the military complex is already in control. Can't hurt to try a toss of the dice.
-
North Korea attacks and sinks South Korean ship, killing 46 people
I wonder if much thought has been put into assassinating Kim Jong Il. Might be worthwhile.
-
North Korea attacks and sinks South Korean ship, killing 46 people
I head a North Korean expat commentator mention that in the calculation of the KPA and Kim Jong Il the south would not respond militarily as the population of South Korea would under no circumstances allow things to escalate to a war. It's simply a hissy fit directed at the new political line toward the North, a completely pointless act.
-
The situation in Bangkok
Well they cleared the riot zone, which may actually have been a boon to the red shirts as they were succeeding in nothing but turning people against them.
-
Ubisoft Reports Losses..
Does Assassins Creed 2 need 'always on line' on console ?.
-
Simulated Mars Mission
I hope those things have zippers.
-
The situation in Bangkok
What's your take on it. I mean the fellow who the army says was corrupt was also the democratically elected president. Now it seems he is bankrolling the rebellion to some extent from exile. Doesn't seem like anything is going to come of it as the 'red shirts' have maneuvered themselves into a corner with their over the top activism, and yet they still have major support in the provinces.
-
Airline pilot fakes it for 13 years
I'm with Darque, if he managed to fly safely for 13 years he more pilot than fraud.
-
Mohammed Descendents Sue
Lol, yes it's nice to have pictures with one's stories.
-
A Scanner Darkly
Yes, the book is ,among other things, a hardcore drug user's confession. I liked the 'animated' film version, but it would have been just as good without all the filters.
-
That's a hell of a diet
It entirely depends on how fast you lose water. No strenuous activity and cold temperatures would be a whole other story than hiking in the Sahara. The rule of thumb that I heard is a week or less for water, and a much as several months for food.
-
Fallout: New Vegas
It looks like some random render. 50s, Vegas, Nuclear holocaust.. This whas the best they could do ?
-
LOST season six
The whole point of a 'who done it' or a grand plot is that there is an answer, an explanation that accounts for all the clues. Of course if you just chose not to worry about it you can string people along all the way to the last episode, which is where the big letdown inevitably happens. That all sounds pretty BSG to me, I have to admit.
-
UK election thread
Why is a landslide victory an advantage ?. A clear majority is an advantage, without it government will have a hard time acting decisively. You don't need one to have the other. There are advantages to learning to compromise with your rivals, especially when faced with tough questions about the immediate economic future. Britain should feel fortunate that the stalemate has finally been broken and that there is now more than two viable parties.
-
UK election thread
But the Tories are insane. There is good reason why they have been left out of government for so long.
-
Attacks on Children in China
Nahh, someone just came up with a special term for something that happens all over.
-
Attacks on Children in China
I wonder if that's their new tactic. Hit and run.
-
Attacks on Children in China
Ohh so it wasn't early onset Alzheimer's
-
2010 FIFA World Cup
Apostate, Heretic !.