Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BruceVC

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BruceVC

  1. Almost every time I make any post with anything of actual discussion value, I get a reply from Bruce. Sometimes I bother to click the little button that says "view this person's post", sometimes I don't - I try to never reply, regardless. What does happen, though - regardless of whether I view or reply to his posts - is that posts from him, and from a very, very few select others, are constantly changing the direction of the thread, changing what people are replying to. This might not be so terrible on an individual thread basis, but...I would like to go into a "serious discussion" thread once, just once, and not have Bruce's asinine thoughts bloating the thread and changing what everyone's talking about to be refuting the same terrible lines of thinking that he always uses and that they're always refuting. Oh my goodness, it gets so old seeing people rehash the same stupid discussions with him over and over across dozens of threads. That's what I hate: that these threads are basically shaped entirely around these people, over the same fundamental issues that have been fought over so many times before, with the same people even - even though they're about different subjects, subjects that might have been interesting...but no, not here at the Obsidian forums. And it's over literally years... Barti you can't seriously be blaming me for the perceived state of the forums ? That's a complete exaggeration
  2. Yeah, so basically, I can't participate in the political or otherwise serious discussions because these people are always in them and always domineering discussion and people are always replying to and shaping the discussion around their posts. Fun. I'm not really following. What exactly prevents you from participating? When the poo-flinging festival starts, bystanders will usually not get involved. What you get is a few mini-conversations going on in parallel inside a given thread, simultaneously, against a background of playground scuffle sounds. Their posts won't get more attention than yours unless they are, well, more interesting. Quality something something Taylor Swift popularity something something. But that's a discussion for another thread. It what bothers you is the bad snr and threads getting bloated with back-and-forths that go nowhere quick (both legit complaints), you can always add the usual suspects to the ignore list -- looks like you already have them (us?) identified anyway. It's not good for much but it will at least help with post clutter. You can also PM some mod and ask them to prune if there is yet hope of salvaging the thread; I've found they'll usually be happy to oblige. If you take the bait, you have nobody to blame but yourself. And if you honestly believe someone is harassing you, the report function actually works. This I know for a fact. When all's said and done I much prefer users exercising their discretion than moderators exercising their power. This is a very good post, I support the last line emphatically
  3. Just ignore them, either big I or little i. It's not that hard. If nobody responds, there won't be a problem. After all, as someone has quoted in their sig: if people stop talking to [redacted], he'll leave. That's true, if no one talks to me I will leave ....but people keep talking to me so I stay
  4. Sorry guys but these forums are fine, we have good debates and we have bad debates. People express there honest opinions in a robust manner My advice is if you really find these forums so uncivil and lacking in decorum you should either leave the forums or find other discussions more suitable because I dont see what more you reasonably expect the Moderators to do?
  5. Our behavior (and other's) is more a SYMPTOM of the/a problem than anything else. Okay now I'm confused, if this bad behavior is a symptom of the problem....what is the problem Because now we seem to be generalizing without going into details ?
  6. *groan* So you don't have a problem with my earlier posts from the previous page? *chuckle* Of course you responded to my later posts which you have taken issue with. *snort* Hiro if you cant provide the link then you are lying and your position is unclear and disingenuous
  7. I'm sorry KP I try to not criticize you because my input seems to annoy you but I have noticed a real and perhaps concerning change in your overall views around ideology I have seen this many times before..first you rejected EU austerity and saw Germany as an enemy in the overall EU structure, then massive criticism of big business and the state of the US government and now we reach the point where its normal to use phrases like " states have become subservient to banks and other large corporations " , "interests of the ruling class which in these times are banks and corporations" and " Rule by private unaccountable entities is what Global Capitalism " Its standard left-wing hubris and vitriol against certain fundamental Western institutions, like the financial sector. it reminds me of something that Serb would say who you quote from RT....its all about anti-Western rhetoric for them end of the day, you should know they actually want to undermine and weaken the US. They not really interested in positive changes to your country But I did try to steer you away from this view.....but you basically dismissed what I said and of course you are perfectly entitled to believe what you want about the state of the USA but I hoped you wouldn't end up thinking like this I disniss what you say because you're borderline nonsensical and can't argue with facts or logic. And your ability to have a reasonable debate has deteriorated....disappointing
  8. I'm sorry KP I try to not criticize you because my input seems to annoy you but I have noticed a real and perhaps concerning change in your overall views around ideology I have seen this many times before..first you rejected EU austerity and saw Germany as an enemy in the overall EU structure, then massive criticism of big business and the state of the US government and now we reach the point where its normal to use phrases like " states have become subservient to banks and other large corporations " , "interests of the ruling class which in these times are banks and corporations" and " Rule by private unaccountable entities is what Global Capitalism " Its standard left-wing hubris and vitriol against certain fundamental Western institutions, like the financial sector. it reminds me of something that Serb would say who you quote from RT....its all about anti-Western rhetoric for them end of the day, you should know they actually want to undermine and weaken the US. They not really interested in positive changes to your country But I did try to steer you away from this view.....but you basically dismissed what I said and of course you are perfectly entitled to believe what you want about the state of the USA but I hoped you wouldn't end up thinking like this It's easy to dismiss your view since you do not have to pay the price for its ramifications. The fact of the matter is that capital (money, wealth) is global, while the labour is local. Yes I agree, whats your point?
  9. I'm sorry KP I try to not criticize you because my input seems to annoy you but I have noticed a real and perhaps concerning change in your overall views around ideology I have seen this many times before..first you rejected EU austerity and saw Germany as an enemy in the overall EU structure, then massive criticism of big business and the state of the US government and now we reach the point where its normal to use phrases like " states have become subservient to banks and other large corporations " , "interests of the ruling class which in these times are banks and corporations" and " Rule by private unaccountable entities is what Global Capitalism " Its standard left-wing hubris and vitriol against certain fundamental Western institutions, like the financial sector. it reminds me of something that Serb would say who you quote from RT....its all about anti-Western rhetoric for them end of the day, you should know they actually want to undermine and weaken the US. They not really interested in positive changes to your country But I did try to steer you away from this view.....but you basically dismissed what I said and of course you are perfectly entitled to believe what you want about the state of the USA but I hoped you wouldn't end up thinking like this
  10. Today is a public holiday, its Workers Day. I have had friends staying with me the last 3 days and we have been partying and drinking and eating at restaurants. Its over now and I'm going to chill and play Witcher 3
  11. Its is brilliant, I loved the series. Season 2 was my best with the hot witches ..and I see Season 3 has just been released
  12. Guys but I'm sure we can all agree the general tone and decorum has improved since we all became cognizant of the SJ environment No, tone and decorum improved once those that were disrupting it moved on or were shown the door. There has been no "moral awakening" here. You really think that? Its always interesting to me when people say something like " SJ has no influence here or made no impact " Its like people automatically assume this must be a bad thing but its not. And I keep explaining its not as the change for example on this forum was subtle...you probably dont even notice it We have never meant some sort of extreme censorship but the Hot Women Thread was removed and there have been reasonable pruning of threads over some topics. But that doesn't mean you cant have a normal and robust debate. Its like I told Vals and LK....those guys could not have a debate with me without constantly making personal attacks ...yet I can debate with basically anyone else like you without the need to insult people. So funny enough I think you thrive fine in a world of SJ consideration
  13. Its funny you cheated on the boss fights, I was going to buy this game from GOG for a lady friend yesterday and I thought how I did the same thing for the last fights, I never ever mentioned this before
  14. Guys but I'm sure we can all agree the general tone and decorum has improved since we all became cognizant of the SJ environment
  15. Has anyone actually ever been banned, outside of spambots? I couldn't name anyone. Personally I like it that way. You can always head out to RPGWatch or SA for stricter moderation... or the KKKodex for the opposite.
  16. Volo people often say to me " volo is a troll....why you debate him " I dont think you a troll at all because we debate all the time? But I seldom agree with you and you refuse to answer all personal questions I ask u so its hard to read you but I would say we get on fine ?
  17. Finally someone is prepared to say this...Gfted1 sometimes people think I'm stupid but I sometimes just refuse to try to interpret this forum debating etiquette This point you made, for me I engage with people who ask me questions or make absurd comments like " Muslims will overrun the USA " Then later after much debate someone I know will PM me and say "do you know they were trolling ÿou ... you wasted time debating them...you will never change anyone's mind as no one really respects the principle of debate " ( in other words no one ever likes to admit they wrong ) But I refuse to believe that, surly after all the time and endless debates we have all people who do debate arent prepared to concede they wrong? That would mean our debates are pointless Oh one of the two things that annoy me ....when people call me a troll...after all this time and all the effort I put into topics Its really would make me the most saddest person in the world You see I have no idea why some people call me a troll, there reasons always are nebulous and insincere " you a troll because you NEVER answer questions " Do you think I come across as a troll and if so what would define this?
  18. Good to know you will be more active ...remember always support Romance in RPG
  19. Tigranes I think you guys do a great job considering the reality of how discussions flow and change and how sometimes people debate and how things heated But this criticism about the mentally retarded children I don't understand? Can you explain what was so bad about it as sometimes I misunderstand forum etiquette This is my view, we having a normal debate where certain people seemed to be antagonizing each other ...but this is normal? Now just because Barti and Hurlshot think its inappropriate why should that matter in the slightest? Isn't there a general forum rule that not all debates you need to agree with or think are relevant ..and the only reason I am asking is have the forums become vituperative? Discussions on topics such as this are bound to get heated, but I find they tend to simmer down and we just get peaks and valleys. Most people here are good people, Bruce included. A warning is usually all it takes for people to calm down because I think despite our differences, we have a lot of respect for each other here. Thanks Oerwinde Its funny how certain people wont talk to me on these forums and it upsets me when people ignore me because I hate being ignored ....waaaaaa But also the people who ignore me have basically completely different views to me and I want to debate with them because I enjoy these types of debates. So its weird that clever people like these guys, for example Zora, 2133 and Vals, cant bring themselves to debate with me. Trust me Im not that bad ...you and I chat all the time?
  20. Tigranes I think you guys do a great job considering the reality of how discussions flow and change and how sometimes people debate and how things heated But this criticism about the mentally retarded children I don't understand? Can you explain what was so bad about it as sometimes I misunderstand forum etiquette This is my view, we having a normal debate where certain people seemed to be antagonizing each other ...but this is normal? Now just because Barti and Hurlshot think its inappropriate why should that matter in the slightest? Isn't there a general forum rule that not all debates you need to agree with or think are relevant ..and the only reason I am asking is have the forums become vituperative?
  21. Well for me its just the principle ....you don't need to insult people on the Internet around something they cannot change....its malicious and pointless... Its the same issue I had with that video insulting that overweight SJW who was shrieking, criticize the point and not the person But I have to be honest I find it hard to believe LK didn't insult him in some way knowing how LK can be....but still no need for that level of vitriol
  22. I watched the whole video, it had some interesting points but also many comments that were simply misinformed and based on a level of bias Oerwinde if you are interested I can go into more detail but if you not so keen then its fine but I will refute the overall message using facts and current examples so it may be interesting ? Go for it Bruce. Its not much of a discussion otherwise Sure, but I have friends visiting now and as soon as they gone I will Its going to be detailed but hopefully you find it interesting
  23. I ASKED HIM WHY HE BOTHERED MESSAGING ME AND LOL WHAT IS GOING ON: Like I'm laughing my ass off here but I'm likewise confused as ****. HOW DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS EXIST?? This is so weird, so malicious and so pathetic I don't even know what to say. He's spamming me now. For me what that guy said to you was rude, unnecessary and worst of all lacking in reality... How can he possibly make a statement like that as I doubt he has access to any empirical evidence on the actual matter., he clearly is just trying to offend you. You must have really annoyed him...but still what he said was not necessary His comments for me fall under the " person needs to be given an immediate warning " ...and permanent banning next time
  24. I am crazy about Triss, I always want to Romance her ..I'm not use to Yennefer and I would expect her to show me more attention in the future if she expects Romance This game is everything I could ask for any non-isometric RPG....seriously its amazing how much thought went into design and questing, also the crafting and alchemy is very interesting Play the card game, Gwent. I swear I thought it was dumb when I first started playing TW3, but by the end of the game I was absolutely hooked and spent time looking for the best cards. It's an addictive game. Its so weird you raised because I have been avoiding playing Gwent for exactly the reason you mentioned, its probably the only part of the game I have ignored because I thought it seemed silly
  25. Hurlshot if you have insight we are missing please share it? I am interested in your personal views as you are a teacher and are actively involved in helping younger people but for example you said the debate was ill-conceived? What did you mean by that ? To me its like on this topic you keep criticizing the tone and comments but you wont explain your view so maybe we can all learn something

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.