Everything posted by mkreku
-
E3 2011
Ok, again I don't know if you are joking or if you're flaming, raving MS fanboy.. ..are you seriously trying to convince anyone that the Kinect microphones would be better at recognizing your voice than the included headset that's placed like an inch from your mouth?
-
E3 2011
I'm not sure if you're joking or not, vault overseer. The Microsoft presentation was the worst presentation I have ever seen on any E3. No joke. They had no new exclusives, almost no new games, almost everything was about Kinect (which does not interest me in the slightest), Bing?! Is that a joke? Everything that had to do with voice recognition and Kinect was just so.. superfluous. You can see how it actually adds an extra layer of lag and confusion. Who actually wants that when they are trying to play a game? And why would you need Kinect for voice recognition? It's been done on bloody smartphones for years already! Also, most of the new things they announced at LAST YEARS E3 still hasn't appeared in Sweden. Last time I checked, I could rent 17 movies in their movie store. Poltergeist 2 for three times the price of getting a brand new Blu-Ray rental from the 24/7 gas station 100 meters from my flat.. The Sony presentation was just.. boring. The only thing that made me raise my eyebrows was the announced price of the PS Vita. It's actually priced pretty fairly, and since it is based on Android, they have a chance to make a really interesting product. Imagine if it supports the app store so you can use it as a car-GPS and play cheap Android games on it, on top of all the other cool things it can do? Instant buy for me, in that case. Other than that, I really don't even remember anything else. The Nintendo presentation reeked of greed and desperation. They have been making billions off of the Wii and now they make another equally crappy console and hope to repeat the success. I didn't get the Wii and I don't get the Wii U. All I know is that Wii U is the worst name of a console ever. Not only is the name dumb in the sense that it confuses people as to what the Wii U really is, they forgot to show the actual console at the presentation. Most people actually thought the controller was a peripheral to the old Wii! But I am sure Nintendo will make another mountain of money by releasing 30 year old Mario games with slightly upgraded graphics. Again.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!
What is Kyd doing now? The music for Blood Money is some of the best music I've ever heard in a videogame. I wanted Piranha Bytes to hire him for Risen 2, but they think he is a bit expensive :D
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!
Gameplay from Dead Island: http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6318681/ It looks insanely good! Exactly the type of game I would build if I had any talent whatsoever!
-
Buying a mic
You do realize that you now have to upload your singing so we can hear it, right?
-
In whole world, Facebook looks at YOU
I have everything on my Facebook. ****loads of pictures, embarrassing stuff, shoe size, probably credit card numbers, you name it. And I love this argument, "You would be afraid if you weren't so naive". No. I just don't care for this scaremongering tactics, usually used by tabloids to sell more ****. It's a conscious choice I've made and if something were to happen, I am fully prepared to take the consequences. Seeing as I started using the internet in 1994, so far so good. Oh, I don't have an antivirus program either. Living on the edge!
-
E3 2011
I must say that Darksiders 2 video looked worse than the Darksiders I've seen on the Xbox 360. And the Xbox 360 is like 5-6 years old.
-
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced
Daggerfall had something like 16000 villages, all almost identical. It got old, fast. If they had only made maybe 100 unique villages with side quests and real characters, the game would have been awesome. It's still awesome now, but it is sorely lacking in content, despite being the (probably) biggest game ever.
-
What are you playing now?
Hehe, my mom says the same thing..
-
E3 2011
I'm very surprised by the price on that PS Vita. To the point where I'm actually thinking of getting one. I don't own a GPS, so if that one comes with the ability to buy maps, I'm on it like Oprah on cake.
-
A New Shiny Global & Mod
I expect lots and lots of nudie pics from now on. I have found a weakness in the mod chain!
-
Risen 2: Dark Waters
? What "design calls" are you referring to?
-
What you did today
It was fine. Unfortunately, I've been using my foot as an excuse to not go out running for the last.. 9 weeks. My legs felt like spaghetti after the race and my time was lousy. On Friday I will start my new training regime!!
-
What you did today
My foot! You can see where the bite hit, it's the darker skin-tone area beneath the upper bruise.
-
FO: NV (DLC)
I was under the impression that Rage was open-world. Do you have a source for that?
-
FO: NV (DLC)
How is that clear? They had already been working on Skyrim for a couple of years when they got access to ID technology, so it's no wonder that title is still using Gamebryo legacy code. But we don't know much about Fallout 4 yet. In fact, we don't even know if they have started on it! Although it would be stupid of them not to.. Maybe they will use the Skyrim engine or maybe they will use ID's (yet unproven) new tech. I'm hoping for the latter.
-
What you did today
That would be an adder, yes? Ouch. Hmm, yes, some sort of adder. Not very dangerous. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vipera_berus But it's still kind of painful. I will post a pic of my foot when I get back home. I am sure you all can't wait to see it! I went to the doctor 10 days after the bite because I am a wimp and she explained to me that it must have been a young adder. They do not have control over their poison bladders yet so when they bite they pump in all the poison they have. Older snakes are kinder, they only pump in as much as they deem necessary.
-
What you did today
Got bit by a snake a few weeks back, turned my left foot blue. This evening I'm going to run 10 kilometers in a running competition. My foot is still blue.
-
Witcher 2 Again
GAAHH DIEEE One of the best moments in the best game I know was when I was walking into a small alley behind a house in a village and ended up in an undercover fight club. Just me and him. No spectators, no saving anyone, no big shiny rewards. Just a guy who wants to beat the **** out of you and me wanting to stomp his face into the ground. As far away from epic you could possibly imagine. We even fought with sticks in a makeshift "arena" (some lines drawn on the ground)! And yet it is one of the most memorable moments in (my) gaming. Up close and personal (when done right) is so much more rewarding than Bioware's take on Epic ©.
-
FO: NV (DLC)
Considering that Bethesda (or Zenimax) bought ID Software and ID are busy making their own post-apocalyptic title, chances are they might cooperate on the next Fallout engine. I actually think that's a match made in heaven: ID tech and Bethesda games.
-
What are you playing now?
The thing I hated the most about Far Cry 2 was when I was driving around in my big military jeep with a huge mounted cannon on top.. and every time I met a tiny little Fiat, they would try to ram me off the road. Without exceptions. Africa is a continent full of people with death wishes! Strange thing though.. I actually liked it anyhow. If they had patched out the respawning guards and made the locals less.. death prone, it would have been very good.
-
Risen 2: Dark Waters
From WorstUsernameEver's preview link: "This makes sense: after all, the world of Risen 2 is far larger than that of its predecessor, bigger than Gothic 3's, even." OMG, how good does that sound?? Hype building again!
-
Obsidian under Dungeon Siege
mkreku I think..
-
NHL
I didn't make any. In hindsight I would have picked Vancouver and Tampa, but it's a little late for that. And I really hope Vancouver takes this! GO SEDINS! (in 7)
-
Dragon Age 2
FINLAND DOES NOT OBEY