Everything posted by mkreku
-
What you did today
The newest versions of all ATI video cards come with a function called Eyefinity. You spend slightly more on your video card and it comes with support for up to 6 screens simultaneously. It's pretty neat, actually, since Eyefinity scales most games seamlessly over those 6 monitors, making it possible to game with extreme resolutions and fields of view.
-
Sweden is the cleanest country in the world*!
Yes. In fact, Sweden is so clean, all you have to do is go out and fall down. When you get up again, you're actually cleaner! True story.
-
Graphics Card R.I.P.
How do you play more than one game at once? Do you have four hands?
-
NHL
Hockey is so weird. I've watched both the last Sens - Pens games and in both those games (only two periods so far of the current game) Malkin has been on fire. Crosby has been pretty average. Yet Crosby has twice as many points as Malkin. That's just odd.
-
Sweden is the cleanest country in the world*!
Lies! Sweden used to be full of volcanoes, but we plugged them up. To make Sweden cleaner. True story.
-
Graphics Card R.I.P.
Don't worry about it, you won't be needing 12GB for a loooong while. Also, it's easier to overclock with fewer/smaller RAM sticks. The worst overclockers use 3GB (3x1GB).
-
Sweden is the cleanest country in the world*!
Top four: 1 Iceland 93.5 2 Switzerland 89.1 3 Costa Rica 86.4 4 Sweden 86.0 Source: http://www.epi.yale.edu/Countries As we all know, Iceland has dirty, dirty volcanoes so they don't count, Switzerland smells like cheese and Costa Rica isn't even a country, so.. Sweden wins! Yes, our socialist, tree-hugging little country keeps placing highly. This must piss off the right wing nuts to no end. I love it. Oh, and I usually call the Finns dirty (12:th), but I'm gonna change that to dirty Danes (32:nd, wtf!) from now on.
-
Apple says: If you want porn, get an Android
Yes, so sickening how people don't want a single company deciding what's good for you or not! SICKENING
-
Fallout: New Vegas
So we have a 50+ orc impersonator and a "tr00 fan" arguing over Fallout semantics now? This thread is going places!
-
NHL
Oh god, why did I start watching the Pens - Sens game? It never ends!
-
NHL
And the Devils are out! So far I'm 0/1 in my predictions. Yay!
-
Roskilde Festival 2010
Yeah, who wouldn't want to sleep in mud to see Prince instead.. (Peace & Love is a city festival and I'm sleeping in an apartment less than three minutes from the main entrance)
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!
You know.. I almost feel like playing Assassin's Creed 2 now. If for no other reason than to spite Ubisoft. Help help Ubisoft is turning me into Bukkake
-
What are you playing now?
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit Core i7 920 (@3.2GHz) 6 GB Corsair XMS CL8 1600MHz Gigabyte X58A-UD7 Powercolor Radeon HD5870 PCS+ (my Sapphire's fan started whistling so I got this instead on warranty..) I've tried the tips from the page I linked earlier (both throttling the CPU and running on one core) but it just isn't working. In fact, nothing at all happens. The only visible change I can see is when I turn on v-sync. I have a feeling that the CPU throttling in software isn't sufficient for my Gigabyte motherboard and that I have to go into the BIOS to disable that, but I'm not sure I want to play Deus Ex that much. I just figured it would be fun to see how it looked in 1080p and a wider field of view. Bah.
-
What are you playing now?
It's so weird because it is locked at exactly 60 fps, and depending on how I turn my character, the game either runs superfast.. or slower than normal! Doesn't seem to be connected with the renderer. I tried using the OpenGL renderer (the new one someone made) but that only made all my menus disappear so now I can't even start a game.
-
What are you playing now?
Yes. Not much to tinker with, to be honest. Checked it out. Seems everyone in that thread using Windows 7 has the same problem as I and their fixes doesn't help either. I guess it's just another Windows 7 problem. Good old Windows 7..
-
Roskilde Festival 2010
Haha, they are still booking artists for Peace & Love! Today's catch? LILY ALLEN! Exclusive! Oh, and we have Robyn too, Roskilde.. You're getting crushed!
-
What are you playing now?
I tried to replay Deus Ex from Steam, but the damn thing runs a million ticks per second on my Windows 7 rig. It's unplayable. My character runs like Usain Bolt everywhere, the water looks like it's boiling and the physics are all screwed up. Oh, and it cuts sentences in half because the dialogue timer runs much faster than the audio file for the speech. Great. I've tried all the tricks (turning off energy saving features in the CPU, running on one core, enabling v-sync) but nothing helps. DAMNIT.
-
Good Old Games
Yeah, I looked it up, you're right. They used voxels for other stuff too (big monsters and big world objects), but they covered those voxels with textures, apparently. I'm beginning to doubt Wikipedia a little
-
US Gun control
Yes. If I was a house robber, I would simply wait until you were out and then steal your guns. The vast majority of house robberies are done on empty houses (at least in Sweden). It is very rare that someone breaks into a house while the owner is actually inside.
-
Good Old Games
Didn't the original Delta Force use similar technology? Yes, I think Delta Force and some helicopter game I forgot the name of also used voxels for the world geometry. But Outcast was pretty unique in that it used solely voxels! It actually drew all houses, monsters and people with voxels. I think both Delta Force and the helicopter game mixed things up with polygons and sprites. I always secretly hoped voxels would make a comeback sometime in the future as computers became more powerful.. but it never happened.
-
Good Old Games
An engine that is horrible? I love Outcasts engine! Where else can you see an entire world composed of voxels? It's awesome!
-
Apple says: If you want porn, get an Android
We could give it a try.. Post a picture of one of these "sexy dames" on here. If it's deleted and you're warned, it's soft porn. If not, it's not.
-
US Gun control
Good. It's a bit tiresome discussing world politics with someone who doesn't have the slightest clue how these things work. Do not for a second think you'll have these absurd gun laws forever. Just as you won't have the death penalty forever, you won't disallow gay marriage forever, etc. Unless the rest of the world suddenly changes views too, of course. Unlikely, but stranger things have happened. Just as China will not stay communist forever and why apartheid in South Africa is no longer present. World opinion is a strong influence. I haven't even started. She asked me if her questions were stupid, I gave my honest opinion. Jesus Christ, what a tiresome argument! Yeah, you also had slaves. Times change, get over it. I have done neither.
-
Apple says: If you want porn, get an Android
So because you don't want to be able to find smut, noone else should have access to it? Anything else you don't like you want to mention right now? I mean, so we know what we should censor out of our lives because you don't like it. All six billion of us.