Everything posted by HoonDing
-
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced
Don't miss series.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!
IWD has better spell animations, music and avatars.
-
Eastern European RPGs - which is the least horrible?
You didn't like the full frontal nudity?
-
Tunisia and Egypt play dominoes?
Israel is sure going to like being caught between two fires.
-
New screenshots
It looks like an upgraded version of NWN2. I like it. Also, the Archon lady looks like a female version of Teal'c.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!
BioWare has retreated to dry humping a while ago.
-
Age of the Characters
I looked up some characters on the Star Wars wiki and it uses this thread as reference.
-
Dragon Age 2
Angry Videogame Nerd delivers.
-
What are you playing now?
The part with the girl and her Deep One mother, the entire Shoggoth puzzle sequence & the Flying Polyps were very unsettling, the rest of the game is mostly tense due to badly implemented stealth & shooting. The drab voice-over didn't help much either.
-
Age of the Characters
Your link doesn't seem to work.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!
How would that be possible? You win the world at the end of the game.
-
Lets Play The Temple Of Elemental Evil
Troika did romance better than BioWare.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!
Pete seems to imply in that interview that Arkane cooperated in the development of Skyrim. That would mean a huge incline of the series.
-
Best of 2010
I haven't even played 10 new games in 2010. 1. Drakensang: River of Time 2. Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga 3. Gray Matter 4. Two Worlds 2 5. Fallout: New Vegas 6. Mass Effect 3 7. Alpha Protocol
-
Eastern European RPGs - which is the least horrible?
According to Inside Two Worlds, Southpeak delayed it til 28 January.
-
Dragon Age 2
Does Solitaire on a work computer count?
-
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced
I just want to kill a dragon dual-wielding Forks of Horripilation.
-
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced
Time-based clicking?
-
Let's Play Neverwinter Nights
Yep.
-
What are you playing now?
I find Baldur's Gate better than its sequel, due to the low-level campaign and limited possibilities for exploration. I still remember the large amount of absurd encounters one could have in random places (for example, the child looking for his dog who turns out to be a shapeshifting demon, etc). The boss fight against Sarevok is also much more compelling than Slayer-Irenicus, and almost impossible to win without cheesing. Not to mention Durlag Tower - best dungeon of all time. I also think Irenicus is one of the most overrated videogame antagonists, pretty much the Sephiroth of western RPGs. A mage who tried to reach above his station, predictably failed and then went on a mad quest for revenge against the world. Yey.
-
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced
The combat sounds more like Dark Messiah. Maybe Arkane's influence? As for magic, as long as I can still create my own spells I do not worry much. Custom made destruction & illusion spells made the level scaling a non-issue in Oblivion.
-
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced
I've been reading up on TES lore regarding thu'um. It seems Vivec had a inventive way of countering the almighty dragon shout. Please Todd, implement this in the game.
-
Dragon Age 2
This sounds like something worth googling.
-
A few Kotor2 questions
The Restoration mod is highly recommended if you plan to play Dark side male Exile. The chicks will then eventually literally fight over the Exile.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!
Great review. Here's to waiting another ten years for a TDE classical RPG. At least there's still Demonicon and Satinavs Ketten coming out to somewhat lessen the pain.