Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Totally not Gorgon

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Totally not Gorgon

  1. Well ideally they jab you in the arm with the vaccine and you come back a week later for a shot of virus in the other arm, and then you isolate. But, this is the strategy pursued by many European countries. They pushed the third vaccine shot in the middle of winter, the usual high point for infection, and then didn't lockdown, like they had all the other years. hospitalizations and infections were very high. And, at least where I'm at the wave is bottoming out. So we are coming out of winter with high immunity.
  2. And of course, all other things being equal. the exposure leads to increased immunity, and therefore also increased protection for your surroundings.
  3. the math looks like this : you know you are going to be exposed, you can't expect to avoid Omicron by isolating. If you are exposed while your vaccine protection is the strongest. 1-3 months after your 3rd shot, you have mitigated the chance of severe covid by as much as you are able.
  4. Doesn't it stand to reason that what you get if you are exposed to Omicron ,is Omicron antibodies and Omicron immunity. Given that we don't know when or even if there is going to be another vaccine, Omicron antibodies might be a good thing to have come next winter, as opposed to three vaccinations worth of not particularly good protection.
  5. Lockdowns don't matter that much if mortality is very low. The only point of lockdowns is to spread out hospitalizations, they can't succeed in avoiding transmission long term. Not with Omicron anyway. So. If you have low mortality and even with very high hospitalization,. you should be swapping temporary vaccine induced immunity for much longer lasting natural immunity. You get new antibodies even without getting sick, although not as many, from just being exposed to the virus. This only goes if you have very high vaccine rates and preferably a third shot as well for the majority of the population. It's super important to have *some* antibodies as opposed to none. Which is why the largely ineffective vaccine is still an enormous life saver.
  6. Also an argument for not doing excessive lockdowns. The Chinese clearly miscalculated with Omicron. the vaccine wasn't good enough to solve the covid problem on its own, but, it can/could have been used to bolster natural immunity. Vaccine protection from serious hospitalization, the factor that governs death rates the most, goes down by a whopping 10% in a couple of months, so really, in that timeframe, you should be deliberately exposing yourself to the virus.
  7. The main difference would be that Covid infected billions, not millions. Which should do something drastic to the time axis. That is, Covid should, hopefully move to a less dangerous much but more transmissive form much sooner. That's usually the winning strategy for the virus.
  8. Were riiiight on the cusp of financial recovery and then there's another 'thing'. Fuking russia, or another strain, or some bloody thing.
  9. I memorized the entire script when I was 17.
  10. I haven't heard anything like that, but then I don't get news from twitter.
  11. I haven't head anything like that, but then I don't get news from twitter.
  12. Messing around in Cyberpunk. I thought, now that I have an RTX card i would switch it on and be amazed. It looks the same, slightly better lighting, maybe. That's about it.
  13. Neil Breen eating tuna out of a can while driving.
  14. I mean after the supply situation has been alleviated and the market has finally stabilized, and we will sit at probably old MSRP + 30 %, something like that. As opposed to 200%. not going down after that.
  15. I thought it was going to be torture watching my RTX 3070 ti depreciate in value every day until it bottomed out around summer. Actually the price hasn't moved at all. Probably inflation ? 30 series will lose 50-75 % of its value come q3 of course, with RTX 4000. But, that's a loss I would have taken anyway buying a stop gap card. I'm willing to bet I can still recover a decent chunk selling it used. GPUs are not going down in price, the market is still going to be thirsty, even with everything intel and AMD are doing.
  16. To the question on everyones minds. Where is Ross Kemp in all this. by rights he should be belly crawling in a Ukrainian ditch with his camera crew.
  17. Why do i have 4 PCI devices that are unrecognized in device manager, and no PCI devices other than my GPU. Sata drivers not installed maybe ? I forgot something chipset related
  18. I don't know about that one. There have been a deluge of young volunteers from across Europe leaving to return to defend their homeland, often without military experience. There is just not enough time to train them. Those weekend warriors are going to die in droves. Forget about patriotism and bravery, at least until you are trained with a chance of success.
  19. Also, I wouldn't discount the possibility of Putin being overthrown. Putin would bear the whole burden for everything that goes wrong in a lengthy occupation of Ukraine. They made the entire country hate them, well aside from the breakaway republics, which means they can't hold it long term anyway. Not without casualties, and people with families in Russia will start to talk, the official lies won't hold.
  20. Yep, it's definately a good buy.
  21. Ohh and I forgot to uninstall GPU drivers when changed graphics cards. I only upgrade once every 4-6 years, and I ALWAYS FORGET All is not well, a number of games report no RTX functionality. Don't really use it anyway, I'd rather have more FPS, but still.
  22. core i 5 12500k Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 TUF GAMING B660M-PLUS D4 64 gb Crucial DDR 4 3600 mhz Asus RTX 3070 ti Fujitsu 4TB SATA 3200 RPM 2 x 1 TB Samsung 960 evo SSD The cooler is total overkill, the crappy intel stock would have been fine, thought i was getting a core i9, but they kept putting off delivery. It's sitting at 24 degreecs celcius under full load.
  23. Those planes might make the difference between surrounding the big cities and starving them out, or not. They aren't going to beat the Russian air force on their own, but along with a large infusion of SAMs. They could make a huge difference.
  24. The Neo Nazis are like the WMDs of the gulf war.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.