Everything posted by Bartimaeus
-
What are you playing right now?
Because they're so horrendously unenjoyable. Going through the idiotic blizzard area with the randomly charging horses and going through Iron Passage...literally just so bad I never wanted to play a Souls game ever again. Maybe part of it was because by that point, I was starting to feel more like one of those people who just doesn't like Souls games rather than the DS "veteran" I was supposed to be, but whatever - that crap was horrific.
- US Elections 2016
-
What are you playing right now?
For me, so far it's Dark Souls > Bloodborne >>> Dark Souls II >>> Dark Souls II DLC. I haven't played Demon Souls...yet. The Dark Souls II DLC is the most horrendous gameplay of any Souls game I've played so far, though, with every one of the new areas being uniquely awful in an entirely different way. I'm truly impressed how they managed to make someone who's played through about 95% of DS1 (including DLC) on NG7 at SL1 just absolutely loathe DS2, but they managed to do it.
- NFL 2016 Season
-
US Elections 2016
The South is a gigantic number of delegates, though, and while he's projected to do better outside of it, he's not projected to do so well he can make up for being absolutely crushed in the South, which is why he's currently projected to lose. He's also currently losing in Florida and Michigan, the latter of which he needs to be winning, and the former of which he needs to be at least sort of close... There's nothing to misunderstand, Bruce. That's good, because you are, after all, the one making all the posts that you are constantly making that have made us regard you this way.
- US Elections 2016
-
What are you playing right now?
Bloodborne. My opinion of it is a lot better than my opinion of Dark Souls 2 so far, so that's nice. Much more fast-paced like DS1 was...
-
Blame Social Justice Warriors for Donald Trump
My point was, that if Trump actually wins based off of this current "self-destructive" platform (and those who vote for him are presumably pleased with his presidency), then why wouldn't future GOP nominees emulating him have just as good of a chance as he did, thereby averting this so-called "self-destruction"? Wouldn't the GOP voter base picking a radical and a outsider that totally *fails* to win the presidency be a greater destructive force in the GOP, instead of one who can actually win? The latter is the GOP evolving to nominate the president its voter-base wants and actually being successful at carrying them to the White House - the former is demonstrating that the GOP and its voter-base have failed, and will probably continue to fail unless something changes (which may or may not happen regardless of circumstances).
-
Blame Social Justice Warriors for Donald Trump
Isn't winning the Republican nomination already more than enough for that, ktchong? You want Trump to win the presidency so it breaks the Republican party, because they'll just emulate him...but if he wins the presidency doing that, isn't the logical conclusion that future Republican nominees like him will do the same? (...Unless his presidency is horrific, of course, in which case the GOP will likely distance themselves from him as much as possible, particularly as he's already an outsider to begin with.)
-
Nvidia Pascal to launch in June
VR 8K per eye, but the vast majority of developers still won't be able to make competent face animations...
- US Elections 2016
- US Elections 2016
-
Nvidia Pascal to launch in June
I'm aware, however, that has not been the case for, what, almost a decade now? (e): Since they were at least close, that is.
-
Music. Must. Go on!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQpIbb7R4bc
-
Nvidia Pascal to launch in June
I mean, it's not like nvidia and AMD haven't at least been comparable. Intel and AMD, on the other hand...
-
What are you playing right now?
Yeah, you should really only be able to access Watcher's Keep from ToB - you can get a bunch of pretty OP stuff if you just waltz right in at the start of SoA. Plus, you get a ton of XP for no reason for just arriving at Watcher's Keep... Haha, that's crazy. I don't like playing on any difficulty besides core, personally - giving enemies huge damage bonuses as a way to try to make the game harder isn't really my thing. Personally prefer the slightly more organic solution of using the XP reducer mod and just reducing all given XP to 50%. And yeah, Improved Ilyich is just ridiculous - who in the world thought that was a good idea?
- US Elections 2016
-
What are you playing right now?
That's not really a surprise, if you know the general weaknesses of a dragon (namely, it's a single enemy who can only do so many actions so fast...while you can run a 6 member party with additional summonables that can vastly outstrip a dragon's meager spellcasting abilities and such if you know what you're doing - plus, vanilla BG2 dragons are kind of weak to begin with). The Gromnir fight, on the other hand, you just have a load of crap thrown at you at once...and it has a tendency to overwhelm your party immediately. And if you're using difficulty-enhancing mods like SCS and the enemy spellcasters actually intelligently use their abilities (...timestops and high level abilities, yay...), well, that's so much worse.
-
The Weird, Random, and Interesting things that Fit Nowhere Else Thread
Reminds of the story of how Roman "monks" smuggled silk spiders from China all the way back to Constantinople. The Romans then proceeded to monopolize the silk trade in all of Europe and the Middle East (and incidentally make the famous "Silk Road" more or less obsolete in regards to actual silk trade) for the next half millennium. Spies be whack, yo.
- US Elections 2016
- US Elections 2016
- US Elections 2016
- US Elections 2016
-
Build Thread 2.0
I have one for when the cramps get too bad and I need a change of pace (and also it's wireless which is good for HTPC use). It's pretty much unusable for playing video games, though, so that's no good.
-
Build Thread 2.0
Be sure to let us know that it works (and yes, I am assuming that it will, ). Trying to find a mouse that works for me. My current mouse is the Logitech G400 (MX518 clone, if you didn't know), but it gives me horrible, horrible hand cramps after a while. So I switched to a Sentey Gammitus for a while (which I got for free in an Amazon promotion, if you're wondering), but its build quality is absolutely terrible and is falling apart after just like 6 months of use...and it ALSO gives me hand cramps. So now I'm using my wireless piece of junk Logitech M510, which actually seems pretty comfortable...buuut it's pretty awful in pretty much every other way. I was going to get the Mionix Avior 7000, but I realized the shape and dimensions of the mouse is pretty darn close to the Gammitus...so I thought, O.K., I'll try the Mionix Castor 7000 instead...but then I realized it's very similar to the G400 I have, too. I'm beginning to think that I may need a smaller mouse period, so I ordered a Logitech G100s for like $15 just to give it a try and see if that makes any difference. However, if you guys have any other ideas, I'm willing to entertain them as well.