BioWare's New Game

Maria Caliban

Looks like generic gray-and-brown semi-futuristic shooter #651.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I'm getting more and more sick of "gritty" as time goes by. I need color, people.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

With generic white guy with short dark hair and slight stubble space marine?

A BioWare dev posted two images to the announcement section:

63069.jpg

Poster 1 said his redlaser app got this: ‎001101010011010100101110001110000011010000110101

Poster 2 said it's the mass of iron.

63070.jpg

A poster said it's "-128.5

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

With generic white guy with short dark hair and slight stubble space marine?

Wearing generic impractically-designed power armor, to boot!

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

More stuff from the BioWare boards:

The first two clues (plus a Mass Effect rifle) point to Aequitas, a planet in Mass Effect 2 known for its "Iron Canyons" and a surface temperature of -128.5F (-89C).

It was also the site of a sidemission, N7: Abandoned Mine in which a Reaper indoctrination device turned a research team into husks and abominations.

Here's the description:

Home to the famous Iron Canyons, Aequitas has reddish iron oxide dust (hematite) covering much of its surface and significant blue cobalt deposits that freckle the terrain. Turian explorers have discovered hot springs in the polar ice caps, heated by magma in the planet's crust. In a strange combination of science and hucksterism a small facility exports water from these springs, which is bottled and sold as having medicinal properties. The funds are then used to maintain a research station, which has discovered some fossil evidence that Aequitas once harbored microscopic life, based on deoxyribonucleic acids in these springs.
Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The first two clues (plus a Mass Effect rifle) point to Aequitas, a planet in Mass Effect 2 known for its "Iron Canyons" and a surface temperature of -128.5F (-89C).

It was also the site of a sidemission, N7: Abandoned Mine in which a Reaper indoctrination device turned a research team into husks and abominations.

Here's the description:

Home to the famous Iron Canyons, Aequitas has reddish iron oxide dust (hematite) covering much of its surface and significant blue cobalt deposits that freckle the terrain. Turian explorers have discovered hot springs in the polar ice caps, heated by magma in the planet's crust. In a strange combination of science and hucksterism a small facility exports water from these springs, which is bottled and sold as having medicinal properties. The funds are then used to maintain a research station, which has discovered some fossil evidence that Aequitas once harbored microscopic life, based on deoxyribonucleic acids in these springs.

Doesn't look like a Mass Effect rifle to me...is it a DLC weapon?

It's a repaint of the M-29 Incisor sniper rifle. Originally, only in the PC digital deluxe and then avilable through the Aegis DLC.

I Bioware game?

I hate it already! Grrr

Now all we need is Volo to say "New BioWare Game > KOTOR L0L."

Edited by Maria Caliban

It's a repaint of the M-29 Incisor sniper rifle. Originally, only in the PC digital deluxe and then avilable through the Aegis DLC.

Well, that would explain why I haven't seen it. Honestly, this overuse of DLC does nothing but annoy me.

Whoah, that is the Incisor.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

BioWare just opened up a Montrial studio and is highering QA who are familiar with the Unreal editor and multiplayer games. A MP game in the ME universe?

Edited by Maria Caliban

BioWare just opened up a Montrial studio and is highering QA who are familiar with the Unreal editor and multiplayer games. A MP game in the ME universe?

But I thought BioWare never pandered to shooter fans!

some people say it's a sequel to Shattered Steel, would be nice :p

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yeah, all the signs seem to be pointing to a Medal of Warfare Duty game with a ME setting. Ho-hum.

The sad thing is it'll probably be way more profitable than a new RPG.

Here's the description:

img3101lostplanet21.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.