Pictures of your games

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Out of money, my horse has run away and I am hungry. I hope those carrots in my baclpack taste as good as the look...

20090621001912.png

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Roguelike?

This should be familiar to you.

DS5.jpg

Yes (on both accounts).

I got caught by surprise the first time, walking cautiously from the elevator shaft to the exit. Nice death animations though :lol:

Edit: The roguelike is Nethack. Life is short and brutal in Nethack. Poor Sir Gorth made it to dungeon level 4 and died from quaffing an unidentified potion while surrounded by enemies (a potion of paralysis as it turned out).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think it's Salammbo.

You are correct. It is a rather unknown first-person adventure game.

Rather is an understatement. I have never heard about the game/company before :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I love mods, downloaded FOOK and FACE mods to add to my modded Fallout 3 collection. FOOK is pretty kick ass with the new weapons it adds.

Dragunov sniper rifle is the best single shot rifle so far next to that .50 Cal sniper rifle of course. The Bozar is the best machine gun.

post-1458-1245705724_thumb.jpg

post-1458-1245705732_thumb.jpg

post-1458-1245705739_thumb.jpg

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Yesssss.......

ol-demo1.jpg

It doesn't look pretty because I installed it on my ancient pc first to see if it would even run. It does...mostly. Haha

Now to put it on the somewhat better PC...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That would be Overlord 2 correct? I'm picking up my copy of that later this week. ;)

Yup...it's just the demo tho, which is only long enough to make me want MORE. Going to the store tomorrow to see if I can snap it up. Demo has it being much like the first one...with new touches. Humor's the same, which I love.

Still can't stand the glowy bloom effect(1st pic), I turn it off. And for some reason it's one of those games that looks 100% better while playing. Esp. on the big tv. Oh well.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yup...it's just the demo tho, which is only long enough to make me want MORE. Going to the store tomorrow to see if I can snap it up. Demo has it being much like the first one...with new touches. Humor's the same, which I love.

Still can't stand the glowy bloom effect(1st pic), I turn it off. And for some reason it's one of those games that looks 100% better while playing. Esp. on the big tv. Oh well.

I just have one thing to say. Minimap! ;)

I just have one thing to say. Minimap! :)

Is that a bad thing? To be honest, I barely noticed it was there, or if there was a way to remove it. The demo has very limited options available tho so even if there is, it might not be in the demo.

And minions chasing baby seals made me laugh, because I'm evil, or something. ;(

I just have one thing to say. Minimap! :)

Is that a bad thing? To be honest, I barely noticed it was there, or if there was a way to remove it. The demo has very limited options available tho so even if there is, it might not be in the demo.

And minions chasing baby seals made me laugh, because I'm evil, or something. ;(

Replace the smilie code "aiee!" with "Woo!" The first game not having a minimap made some areas a little more annoying to find your way around in when all the hallways looked exactly the same.

Too bad I couldn't find a copy in town today. I was told either tomorrow or thursday depending on where I went.

Oh ok...the aiee smilie was confusing me w/it's frantic/freaked out face. heh ;(

And yeah, I guess the 23rd date was for the pre-order (in the US) shipping date or something...I think store date is actually tomorrow...assuming a store's shipment is on time, of course. :/

I just finished the first Overlord and despite one really annoying lawn mowing minigame which absolutely sucked, it was an awesome game.

The funniest moment for me was after defeating the dwarves, some of my minions ran around with dwarven beards on their little faces. I guess they had uh, shaved them off the fallen dwarves. Ah, they were so enthusiastic about destroying stuff.