NWN2: Storm of Zehir is out!

SteveThaiBinh

Storm of Zehir is out, and people are already playing store-bought copies as well as versions downloaded from Direct2Drive.

The official website is here.

This thread is for spoiler-free discussion and reviews. Brief spoilers in spoiler tags are okay, but otherwise take it to the Spoilers subform, please.

Looks excellent, what I've read about it, but I'm going to have to wait a few weeks to play it: the laptop is not quite up to the job. :(

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Could anyone who already has the game, check its credits, for me?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It the price of a full game, so I'm going to hold off until it hits $19.99. After the last conundrum I had with the first expansion, I'm going to wait and see what other players have to say. $29.99 is not a good deal after the technical issues I had with the original expansion pack. I'm glade to see it released, but I'm saddened by the price it has arrived with.

I'm looking forward to gammer reviews.

Eh? A full game costs $50 to $60. Expansions are usually half that price. Anyhoot, its not on the XBox 360 and that is a shame. It will not take me away from my Fallout 3.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I consider $29.99 the cost of a full game. Since I only buy pc games, I usually see $29.99 as a good base price. Expansion packs should be around $19.99 for starter, and then they should drop over time to $9.99. Full version games should start at $29.99, and then they should drop over time to $19.99. Obsidian and Atari should have considered the issues that some players had from installing NWN2's first expansion. I won't change from that thinking. They will be lucky to get $19.99 from me.

They will be lucky to get $19.99 from me.

I'm sure they'll be high-fiving each other at the office when they hear Marcus from the forums bought it. :(

Anyways, I'm waiting on my copy to arrive. Think it'll be a fun old-school experience.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Damnit! Between reconfiguring my wireless network, fiddling with my computer and working on a presentation for next week I totally forgot this came out today! I won't be able to get much play time in till tomorrow evening though. Won't be able to pick up the game until after 5pm, then I've got class from 6pm till 10pm and I still need to come up with a couple more ideas for that presentation that I can make my group members choose from during our meeting tomorrow. Damn you real life!

Geez, you'll manage. I still haven't been able to play NWN2 OC, so be thankful you only have to wait 1 day or so ;)

Of course I'll manage, but saying "Hurray! I'll play it as soon as I have some free time tomorrow!" isn't nearly as much fun. :sorcerer:

First looks or reviews, people.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

mine is downloaded waiting for me to play. since tonight is michele's pool night, the boy will want to play his PS3 games and i'll duck for cover in the man-cave to play mine. joy.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I have already read some gammer reviews, and it doesn't look like anyone is raving. It may be a little too early. Most people said the expansion is interesting, but they feel a void in companion dialogue and interaction. I hope someone gives a more indepth examination. There is already a patch for the game. They don't learn.

Some people are angry at the random monster attacks.

Some people are angry at the lack of companion depth.

Some have reported that they are angry with the game not being ready, and it needs a patch on first run.

I don't know what is true or not. I hope someone can give us a good review at some point.

Edited by Marcus

There is already a patch for the game. They don't learn.

There would be a patch for the game (NWN2) regardless if SoZ came out or not. And there will be many more to come after this. Continued support is one of the main ideas of the NWNs.

Appearantly the cohors do have some dialogue and personality to them, but like they've said from the start, focus is on different things for this expansion. There are voiceovers.

I'm guessing you won't get to listen to them ramble on about their lifestories and then help them solve their past problems though.

I wouldn't buy the game if you want a game with deep interactions concerning the partymembers.

It's like Icewind Dale in the sense that it's fairly combatfocused and also partybased. You get to choose which one of your partymembers does the talking, and you create a party at the start of the game. However, the Overland Map seems more reminiscant of a game like Darklands or something.

But yeah, definetely don't buy the game if you want a deep and ruminating story with many and lengty conversations with your partymembers. That was MotB, they're taking this one in a different direction. And I suspect quite a few people won't like it much.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

iZ GOTZ IT!

"Wasnt SoZ billed as being "like IWD"? Meaning, no VO or party banter at all? Just a traveling party of mutes."

No. but, that's probably because Obsidian wanted their cake,a nd eat it too. They wanted to real in the IWD fanboys and also keep the fanboys who love party interaction.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.