Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tempering Abydon and WM2 Endings *Spoilers*

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Fiaryn

Fiaryn

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Steam:Fiaryn
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

So I'm trying to prep my final save for PoE2, and the one sticking point I'm having is the finale of WM2. I'd like to temper Abydon but frankly I'm not sure if I can anymore. I get that you need to make two rhetorical points that stick in each category, and I've got the Eyeless to concede the point on history as hindrance and memory as pain.

The sticking point is Maybe Abydon Should Forget. I can make the point about Durgan's Battery because I freed the souls but then I run aground. Aloth is anti-Leaden Key so that avenue is out and I sided with Animancy at the hearings. Has anyone who's looked through the code on that dialogue tree any idea if there's other approaches I could take that I just can't see? Some other triggers I could use to make the last point I need?

• MalcolmWest likes this

Fiaryn

Fiaryn

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Steam:Fiaryn
  • Kickstarter Backer

Alright by digging around in the text files of the game I've found a string that looks promising. Apparently you can make an argument to the Eyeless that people went mad over the death of the Duc, and that there'd be even more chaos if they knew one God had killed another. The trick is I'm not sure how to determine what makes that conversation option possible. Anyone with any insight on how to confirm something like that in the game files?

When I did the quest I'd already finished the hearing so you'd think I'd be able to select that but maybe there's more to it. Maybe I need to progress to the point that the riots die down  to trigger it as a dialogue option?

Edited by Fiaryn, 25 February 2017 - 02:40 PM.

• MalcolmWest likes this

tayne

tayne

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Combing through the abydon_finale .stringtable and .conversation files, that line regarding the death of the Duc is part of the Aloth-related conversation tree. It does not show if Aloth's autonomy value is greater than his authority value.

w81mvOj.png

I'm stuck at the same exact place as you with the other two categories won. It's immensely frustrating. 

Please Obsidian, for the love of orbs, give us another option or two to win this  :aiee:

• MalcolmWest likes this

MalcolmWest

MalcolmWest

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

With the news that POE 2 will allow you to import your old character and certain decisions will impact the story, everyone is suddenly eager to have the eyeless tempered in their canon save, including myself. There's also similar threads on reddit and steam that have popped up in the past few days.

Couldn't agree more with Tayne - please Obsidian, give us another option or two to win this! I sided with animancy and encouraged Aloth to be more independent, and now I'm totally stuck ;(

boffmoffet

boffmoffet

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 97 posts

Just gonna leave this link here....

[Quick Tutorial] How to change the WM2 ending.

https://forums.obsid...the-wm2-ending/

Ensign

Ensign

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Did some digging, and think I can provide a 'legit' way to produce the outcome you want.  The trick is actually to choose your words carefully during the animancy hearing.

The Duc's ruling at the end of the hearing depends on arguments made throughout - on the events at the Sanitarium (Azo), research at Heritage Hill, and your closing argument and advice on what to do about animancy.  All three have equal weight.

On the other hand, the Eyeless only call you out on being hypocritical if your advice on animancy was that it should be studied (either of the positive lines).

If you want the Duc to rule in support of animancy, but still have the option to temper the Eyeless by arguing against it, support animancy in the first two arguments (defend Azo, blame the events at Heritage Hill on the Leaden Key), then, in the final argument, defer - argue that animancy has been given too long a leash and needs oversight.

Pair that with freeing the souls from Durgan's Battery (and not encouraging the Crucible Knights to continue researching the Forge Knights) and you should be able to win this line of questioning.

Murp

Murp

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

I'm really disappointed that I had to cheat, It just seemed like I was being punished for playing the game a certain way and that felt really unfair. I wish there were more options you know? skill checks at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users