Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #92: Reward Redemption

Kickstarter Rewards Redemption Backer Portal Download Game Steam GOG You Rock

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

LordCrash

LordCrash

Grand Weresheep of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1153 posts
  • Steam:LordCrash88
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

And again no official explanation or apology for the delayed physical rewards for international backers.

They really know how to disappoint.

Anyway, congrats to all fellow backers. I hope you will have fun tomorrow and in the upcoming days with the game. I'll probably wait for a few more days/weeks...

Edited by LordCrash, 25 March 2015 - 03:22 PM.

Sian

Sian

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I've gone for a tier that allows a digital download, plus a physical copy (Just love them paper manuals!). I'm just going to give my digital copy away, so I'm assuming I should wait for my physical copy to arrive first? (Just in case like - I've no problem waiting any longer for the disks\manual etc to arive). Just want to check before I give my digital copy away :-) So when my physical copy arrives, i can just generate a key and give it to someone with no ill effects on my copy? 

Looking forward to adventuring :D 

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5637 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Heard about some Dock Strike somewhere?

If that's true, not much they can do about that now is there?

mizunosakura

mizunosakura

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Now it's just a debate between which of us will be downloading now and who will be waiting for the box to come. Has it been mentioned when they would be being shipped? I expected it to be here tomorrow, but noticed it says it hasn't shipped yet...

Edited by mizunosakura, 25 March 2015 - 03:30 PM.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2294 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

And again no official explanation or apology for the delayed physical rewards for international backers.

Anyway, congrats to all fellow backers. I hope you will have fun tomorrow and in the upcoming days with the game. I'll probably wait for a few more days/weeks...

I thought they said it was because the ports shut down or something like that but I could be misremembering

HoopyFreud

HoopyFreud

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Re: the $35 Kickstarter option, will the soundtrack be available through the Steam download? Because I don't see it in my Products tab.

• AnimeJ likes this

LordCrash

LordCrash

• Members
  • 1153 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I thought they said it was because the ports shut down or something like that but I could be misremembering

I know that. But is it too much to ask to get some official statement in the update about it? I mean, I read the forums because I'm an enthusiast. But there are A TON of backers in Europe and elsewhere who don't read the forums. They don't follow the development closely. But they expect their rewards on release or shortly after, and rightfully so. They will ask themselves: hey, what happend to my cool physical box I've pledged for? Where is my pyhsical map and manual? And you know what? Nobody tells them because Obsidian thinks a one-liner forum post is enough communication on the topic (or whatever the reason for their silence is). I don't get, I really don't get it. 

And even if it's just about the dock workers being on strike what's the big deal to explain the situation in more detail to the backers, apologizing for the inconvenience? That's the least they could do. But I guess they just want to avoid "bad news" again...

Edited by LordCrash, 25 March 2015 - 03:35 PM.

Lord Wafflebum

Lord Wafflebum

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 535 posts

I know that. But is it too much to ask to get some official statement in the update about it? I mean, I read the forums because I'm an enthusiast. But there are A TON of backers in Europe and elsewhere who don't read the forums. They don't follow the development closely. But they expect their rewards on release or shortly after, and rightfully so. They will ask themselves: hey, what happend to my cool physical box I've pledged for? Where is my pyhsical map and manual? And you know what? Nobody tells them because Obsidian thinks a one-liner forum post is enough communication on the topic (or whatever the reason for their silence is). I don't get, I really don't get it. 

And even if it's just about the dock workers being on strike what's the big deal to explain the situation in more detail to the backers, apologizing for the inconvenience?

I thought Brandon said they ended up air freighting that stuff for the Europeans?

LordCrash

LordCrash

• Members
  • 1153 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

And even if it's just about the dock workers being on strike what's the big deal to explain the situation in more detail to the backers, apologizing for the inconvenience?

I thought Brandon said they ended up air freighting that stuff for the Europeans?

He did? Link/confirmation, please.

And in my account there is still a "shipping soon" token.

Edited by LordCrash, 25 March 2015 - 03:40 PM.

Aramis

Aramis

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Any update on when phyiscal goods will be shipping?

Update on that should be coming up in the next few days. Obsidian (and Paradox) decided to air freight the rewards to Europe to try and get the rewards to backers faster. it is more expensive, but we are trying to get people their goods as fast as possible.

They sent it by air, will arrive in due time I suppose. Let us rejoice in the fact that from tomorrow on we have a brand new spiritual successor to the Infinity Engine games :)

• Lythe Vodaine likes this

Xukuth

Xukuth

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

• Once expanded click on the "Choose Platform" button to bring up a menu where you can select your preferred platform. We offer the choice between Steam and GOG. Once you have selected your platform you can press "Generate Key" to create a download key. Note that once you have generated a key for a platform it may not be changed in the future. Choose wisely. 

So I can't get both a Steam and a GOG key?  I gotta say, for something that presumably has a marginal cost to you of near-zero (but I spent quite a bit of money on), that's...disappointing.

Aerothorn

Aerothorn

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Could some enterprising individual determine what the differences are (if any) between the Kickstarter editions and the normal editions?

I ask because I'm giving a bunch of Kickstarter Hero Edition keys to friends, and am curious if that includes anything extra from what they'd get if they just went to GOG, etc.

Lord Wafflebum

Lord Wafflebum

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 535 posts

Shipping soon things is a bug. Everyone's says that. Give me a bit to find the quote

• LordCrash likes this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 8693 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

• Once expanded click on the "Choose Platform" button to bring up a menu where you can select your preferred platform. We offer the choice between Steam and GOG. Once you have selected your platform you can press "Generate Key" to create a download key. Note that once you have generated a key for a platform it may not be changed in the future. Choose wisely. 

So I can't get both a Steam and a GOG key?  I gotta say, for something that presumably has a marginal cost to you of near-zero (but I spent quite a bit of money on), that's...disappointing.

That would mean you'd get two copies of the game tho...

...however, if what you meant is that you're getting multiple digital copies of the game with your reward tier, I'd think you can choose the platform for each one? I don't have that so can't check, but are they listed as separate entries in your backer portal?

LordCrash

LordCrash

• Members
  • 1153 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Update on that should be coming up in the next few days. Obsidian (and Paradox) decided to air freight the rewards to Europe to try and get the rewards to backers faster. it is more expensive, but we are trying to get people their goods as fast as possible.

They sent it by air, will arrive in due time I suppose. Let us rejoice in the fact that from tomorrow on we have a brand new spiritual successor to the Infinity Engine games :)

Again, do you have a link for that "air mail" statement? Maybe Obsidian should finally stop confusing simple forum posts with actual communication with more than a single person...

Lord Wafflebum

Lord Wafflebum

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 535 posts

From the Official Keys Thread

Edited by Lord Wafflebum, 25 March 2015 - 03:48 PM.

TristramShandy

TristramShandy

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Steam:FrankW94582
  • Kickstarter Backer

Woot.... just generated my Steam can and pre-loading now.  Perfect time too since I am burned out on DAI for the time being.  Sending my wife to Vegas with her girlfriends for a few days so I can spend quality time with my new Mistress.... Pillars of Eternity !!!

• Lythe Vodaine likes this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 8693 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Re: the $35 Kickstarter option, will the soundtrack be available through the Steam download? Because I don't see it in my Products tab.

It should be added to your Products tab around actual release.

• AnimeJ, Lythe Vodaine and HoopyFreud like this

Adept7777

Adept7777

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So does anyone know yet at what time exactly the game will become available?

NegativeEdge

NegativeEdge

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 101 posts

I wonder if the devs feel like a protective parent just before their kids first day at school? Cos I definitely don't feel a little bit like that after following this for 2 and a half years because that would be stupid.

go get 'em Project Eternity!

• sparklecat likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kickstarter, Rewards, Redemption, Backer Portal, Download, Game, Steam, GOG, You Rock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users