Skyrim Mods

Gorgon

In expectation of the new Dragonborn DLC I have reinstalled Skyrim. Also picked up the high res texture packs. 

Not current on what mods are usable and what is problematic. I understand there is a shader mod which is a must. Also attempts have been made to fix the severely broken UI for the PC. Did any of these efforts fix dual wielding. In the vanilla game  you can only have one dual weapon setup, if you use any more, including dual casting spells, they overwrite eachother. It doesn't keep track of what is in your left hand and what in your right. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

These mods really add a lot of great stuff - and are highly recommendable. Like most of the top 100 on the Skyrim Nexus.

SkyUI is great interface mod

Categorized Favorites Menu

Enhanced Lights and FX makes the game a lot more atmospheric.

Skyrim Redone overhauls the character leveling system and makes a lot more sense imo than Bethesdas own.

Immersive HUD great for immersion

not essential, but looks nice.

aMidians high res armours and weapons they really do.

There's a lot of mods that add gameplay features like kill moves and Midas Magic that are recommendable, but I don't know how much you want to alter the vanilla game.

Fortune favors the bald.

I understand there is a shader mod which is a must. Also attempts have been made to fix the severely broken UI for the PC. Did any of these efforts fix dual wielding. In the vanilla game  you can only have one dual weapon setup, if you use any more, including dual casting spells, they overwrite eachother. It doesn't keep track of what is in your left hand and what in your right.

ENB is not "a must." Contrary to its psychotic russian creator's psychotic rants, it doesn't really make the game look more realistic, and very few of the modifications to it do the same. Many of them make the game look a lot better, but most of them give you a big performance hit even with a high end gaming rig. It's not well-optimized and Bethesda's engine isn't really capable of handling that sort of runtime modification, either.

Changing dual wielding would require a good deal of animation work, I'm not aware of any mods that have done that. Most of the balance/combat mods really just up the damage dealt by both player and hostiles. Most of the magic mods buff the damage and allow the damage of the offensive spells to scale up with the skill, which makes magic a lot more viable.

The only mod that I consider a true MUST is Morrowloot, which makes major enchanted and top-tier armors and weapons uncraftable (but still upgradable and enchantable,) and removes them from levelled enemy gear and levelled loot containers and places them all in specific, unchanging locations (and on NPCs,) in the world to make exploration and dungeon-diving worthwhile for once. It also makes pickpocketing more vital if you don't want to go around killing major NPCs.

http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1412-morrowloot/

It used to be on the terrible Skyrim Nexus site, but the creator removed it or it was removed.

Edited by AGX-17

This is a relevant thread because I haven't played Skyrim yet and plan to do so soon. I have been building a list of Mods that I have will using, both normal and adult. I like the Mods that add extra creatures and dragons. :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Perhaps I should clarify, that means the standard Elder Scrolls loincloths. Not the baby fetish mod. (there must be one though)

It never ceases to amaze me just how much effort and attention to detail people put in to Mods

There are some seriously impressive adult mods out there, you should check out the Hydra Lair Mod for some adult fun

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12556

And the Summon Succubus twins spell

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12756

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This is a relevant thread because I haven't played Skyrim yet and plan to do so soon. I have been building a list of Mods that I have will using, both normal and adult. I like the Mods that add extra creatures and dragons. :)

You don't want that mod.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

You don't want that mod.

Can you explain why? I am looking at Dragon Mods that add variation, make dragons more powerful, add dragon gods etc.

What issues have you experienced with Dragon Mods?

John Milton 

Mods that make dragons more powerful are fine, but mods that add dragons to the game are like mods that add cliffracers to Morrowind.

Sorry to keep asking but this is important as I don't want to unbalance my first game of Skyrim, I don't know what you mean by cliffracers in Morrowind. I played Morrowind but that was 6 years ago and only once.

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Cliff racers on the other hand went straight at you, making them the superior to dragons in terms of not wasting your time.

Anyway, my contribution to recommended mods are generally convenience-related:

1) One that allows fast travel directly to the Thieves' Guild.

2) One that either makes your horse a passive combatant, or one that makes them invulnerable, as vanilla horses are infected by a raging bloodlust to charge at dragons.

3) Less important, but one that makes wolves less suicidally aggressive.

Plus one cosmetic one I will concede, largely for those playing Breton females, to remove the triple frown crease on their foreheads which makes them all look like old women.

If you were to mine ore, then the one to make the nodes more obvious is, er, obvious, but I'd recommend not mining because it's a sure way to increase the overall tedium in the game, arguably Skyrim's number one flaw. (Especially the Draugr, oh god not more Draugr)

Finally, while I have no personal experience with it, apparently magic using characters in the game suffer at high levels because spell damage does not scale. This isn't a big deal with an average playthrough, but completionists will run into a problem with their spells doing increasingly trivial amounts of damage at high levels. If this describes you, then perhaps look for a mod that scales spell damage at least partially with your level.

Don't have any current links unfortunately because it's over half a year since I last played.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

How about these Humanoid?

Cowardly Horses

Cowardly Wolves and Skeevers

If you're playing a mage, I like this one

Conjure Etheral Horse

as the horse simply dispelss when you dismount, so you never have to worry about it.

For map markers you've got this one (adds a bunch of new markers, but they only activate when you discover them, so it's spoiler free)

The Cartographers Map Markers

Fortune favors the bald.

Is there a mod that fixes the terrible combat system?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No. But there are plenty of nude orc female mods, apparently. Because that is just so wildly arousing, boar-faced green women:

I tried installing a nude skin for my female orc but it just looked too freaky. Back to TES diaperstm.

Edited by AGX-17

No. But there are plenty of nude orc female mods, apparently. Because that is just so wildly arousing, boar-faced green women:

>I tried installing a nude skin for my female orc but it just looked too freaky. Back to TES diaperstm.

Are you saying you don't find female orcs hot? Thats a little racist don't you think

:)

John Milton