Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wizard - Hail new cheese king!

wizard cheese powergaming solo potd strategy index make wizard great again gamebreaking

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

PIRI

PIRI

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 108 posts

A great tactic has been found. If you use cracking bolt and rolling flame from a long distance, the enemy will not notice the party, which in turn means endless spells. This method allows you to destroy almost any encounter or lure enemies one by one increasing or decreasing the distance. Also, since the spells are power level 2-3, This strategy can be effectively used by any wiz-multiclasses, making the strategy a great way to complete solo PoTD.
If you a smart wizard, you should practice sniping.

Spoiler

Also, if an enemy encounter contains healers trying to kill someone is pretty useless unless you can kill mob with one blow, but in this case, such exploits are simply not needed. Still great for luring.

Edited by PIRI, 12 May 2018 - 03:49 PM.

• dunehunter and M4xw0lf like this

Logos

Logos

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

Yes ok but why are you telling obsidian about it? Once it gets nerfed how am I supposed to get the metaphysics staff on nemnok island right out of tutorial isle?

• Wompoo and nstgc like this

Emeus

Emeus

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Steam:Macro Tofu

Read, learned, reported. Some secrets are better kept out of kith's hands :geek: 

• Owlbear likes this

M4xw0lf

M4xw0lf

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 363 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

lol

• Arranvin likes this

PIRI

PIRI

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 108 posts

Yes ok but why are you telling obsidian about it? Once it gets nerfed how am I supposed to get the metaphysics staff on nemnok island right out of tutorial isle?

I am very interested in how this can be fixed? For example - withraw + chanter not fixed yet and everyone know about it.

This is one of those few things that require changing the design of the game, it's not easy to fix.

Edited by PIRI, 12 May 2018 - 01:27 PM.

• nstgc likes this

nstgc

nstgc

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It seems like an AI problem. They won't need to actually nerf it.

I too have taken advantage of it, but for the most part avoid doing so.

Yosharian

Yosharian

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 963 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

Hahaha!  Amazing!  Get your Triple Crowns in before they patch it, guys!

• M4xw0lf likes this

Wompoo

Wompoo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It is a single player game, so this hurts no one... reporting it or complaining about others using it, is assinine. 

• Emeus and nstgc like this

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3268 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

As far as I understand it the TCS type achievements aren't yet in the game.

Emeus

Emeus

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 69 posts

It is a single player game, so this hurts no one... reporting it or complaining about others using it, is assinine. 

You haven't see how many "nerf requests" were there on this forum during PoE1 beta and early version. Some people even ask for nerfing something that they are using, a single player game does make them selfless~ and devs even listened to them, I still remember they nerfed cipher into the most bored class in PoE1 xD

Edited by Emeus, 12 May 2018 - 02:48 PM.

• Veevoir likes this

Emeus

Emeus

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 69 posts

As far as I understand it the TCS type achievements aren't yet in the game.

They shouldn't! Berath's blessing protects us!

Voss

Voss

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 750 posts
New cheese King? Apparently you aren't familiar with the last 4 decades of the D&D derived branch of the fantasy genre.

nstgc

nstgc

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Obsidian clearly means to curb cheating in their single player game. Not only does the console disable achievements, but modding is greatly hampered in comparison to their previous games, and the save files are obfuscated, maybe even encrypted.

ppscurry

ppscurry

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Here's a crazy thought. What if you use it with assassin stealth for double the cheese?

PIRI

PIRI

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 108 posts

Here's a crazy thought. What if you use it with assassin stealth for double the cheese?

I'm not sure that it will work for spells in General.

But I now realized that the rogue actually most cheese class in game for solo. Just think about it. You start fight, use all you resources/spells, cast invisibility, run, battle over, GoTo 1.

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2196 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Nice! Would like to add this to the gamebreaking list :)

ppscurry

ppscurry

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Lol. Keep that a secret. I honestly don't want to find out how will obsidian fix rogue cheese. More likely they will just end up making the game more arbitrarily unfun for other non-rogue classes by tacking on permanent engagement instead. 

marc5477

marc5477

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts

Nice. A lot of single player games have this same problem. You could do it in Divinity OS as well as all the elder scroll games and even old infinity engine games. It really does not break anything because most people will stop doing it after an hour or so.

PIRI

PIRI

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 108 posts

It just shows how many old abilities and spells aren't adapted to the new "No per/rest abilities!".

P.S. IMO, solution to this is quite simle - enemy will regen their health when not combat just like player's party do.

Luring is other story thought.

Edited by PIRI, 13 May 2018 - 02:46 AM.

• dunehunter likes this

SonnySahl

SonnySahl

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I don't get why its so important for people to play PotD and why its even more important to exploit mechanics to such a degree.. But to each his own.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wizard, cheese, powergaming, solo, potd, strategy, index, make wizard great again, gamebreaking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users