Rank of best classes at the moment (game release )

Powerful range of classes:

- chanter

- Paladin

- fighter

- monk

- priest (only for there high level spellls)

- Barbarian

- wizard

Mid tier

- druids

Lower Mid Tier

- Rogue

- Cipher

Gutter Trash

- Ranger (the pet better be good cause his master definatley aint)

Edited by master guardian

I dunno, man, devs posted that rogue's sneak attack scales with power level now. It could be big for single class who gains them faster than multiclass. So this will need some testing.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97241-thread-for-those-of-us-who-want-to-roll-a-single-or-multi-roguelets-talk/?p=2006691

Edited by Aramintai

Powerful range of classes:

- chanter

- Paladin

- fighter

- monk

- priest (only for there high level spellls)

- Barbarian

- wizard

Mid tier

- druids

Lower Mid Tier

- Rogue

- Cipher

Gutter Trash

- Ranger (the pet better be good cause his master definatley aint)

You should separate single class and multiclass, some class are top tier when single classed while bad when multiclassed, vice versa.

• Like 2

Welcome to Conjecture Central. ;)

Nah, there isn't any conjecture here. This might as well be random ordering.

And technically, despite the thread title, this is pre-release impressions, if anything went into it at all.

Edited by Voss
  • Like 3

I saw Cipher is God Tier

Rogue is mid God Tier

Monk is low God Tier

And everyone else is low Suck Tier

Except Wizard, they are OMG UNPLAYABLE Tier.

Of course my beta impressions say every class was totally playable and could be effective if you had a clue what you are doing, and tier lists are stupid by definition.  Probably just a bad first impression though.

• Like 2

Why the ranger hate? they got twinned arrows and drived flight. All ranged attacks hit twice and bounce of to a nerby enemy aka 4 attacks with evry attack...sounds pritty potent to me.

• Like 1

I actually enjoy the exercise of tier lists, flawed as they may be! They provoke interesting discussion, help devs know how the community feels about balance, and help new players. If I’m a noobie to Pillars, I don’t want to try to make a class that has problems work when I could be learning the game with classes that are better balanced.

• Like 1

I actually enjoy the exercise of tier lists, flawed as they may be! They provoke interesting discussion, help devs know how the community feels about balance, and help new players. If I’m a noobie to Pillars, I don’t want to try to make a class that has problems work when I could be learning the game with classes that are better balanced.

While rogue/cipher/ranger is bad singelclass maby, as multiclass they can add alot so don´t see them as total trash. Rogue can add 100%+ dmg to auto attacks (with diffrent talents). Cipher have big melee nuke. Ranger got good bonuses for a ranged focused char (focused on using ranged auto attacks) and add another meat shield.

While rogue/cipher/ranger is bad singelclass maby, as multiclass they can add alot so don´t see them as total trash. Rogue can add 100%+ dmg to auto attacks (with diffrent talents). Cipher have big melee nuke. Ranger got good bonuses for a ranged focused char (focused on using ranged auto attacks) and add another meat shield.

Ciphers aren't bad as single class, they still do good damage while has having CC that only second to wizards maybe. they also have one of if not the best buff in the game in defensive mind web(I think it's a tier 8 power so only to single class), can give free empower, have an pretty strong permanent lash and are one of the 3 classes with a reliably infinite resource.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Rogues are extremely good.  Assassin/Devoted can often instagib most foes with a Full Attack from stealth.  Streetfighter's bonuses are almost always active because boss fights always have mooks spawning in and other encounters in PotD tend to spam bodies at you.  Trickster is... okay, I guess?  Might as well just do X/Illusionist though.  Rogues also get some really great skills, including being one of the only classes with a 1-cost Full Attack ability (the other being Paladin, IIRC) available at tier 1.  Top classes atm, to me, would be (in no particular order):

Pure Evoker blaster wizard (open with empowered AOE spell, rest, repeat)

Paladin/Chanter support/tank

Streetfighter/Goldpact immortal DPS/tank/everything

Assassin/Devoted instagib DPS (can be ranged or melee, both work)

Helwalker/Berserker OR Helwalker/Devoted AOE spam DPS

Obsidian have a really tough job ahead of them if they want power level to be relevant to martial classes.  Even if you gave 10% more sneak attack with power levels, rogues would still gain far more by taking paladin or fighter multi than sticking with pure rogue.  I can't believe a team with so much tabletop experience thought that allowing full-power/full-access multiclassing wouldn't cause massive balance issues.

Edited by PizzaSHARK
  • Like 1