Thread for those of us who want to roll a single or multi rogue....lets talk

so a cipher gets biting whip that increases all weapon damage 30% (without having to have an affliction like Sneak attack for it to work) 

and a rogues sneak attacks has supposedly been nerfed to 20%  

is this a joke?

Edited by master guardian
  • Like 1

so a cipher gets biting whip that increases all weapon damage 30% (without having to have an affliction like Sneak attack for it to work) 

and a rogues sneak attacks has supposedly been nerfed to 20%  

is this a joke?

SHHHH. I'm gonna play a mindstalker and I don't want my class nerfed even more! 

• Like 2

Beta 4's sneak Attack = +50% damage

Launch game's sneak attack = +20% damage.

B4 trickster SA = +20%

Launch trickster SA = +10%

Cohh streamed Saturday, but Sunday there were other streamers with early access that looked at the rogue. It's a confirmed nerf.

Edited by Ganrich

Any good builds with Rogue/Chanter? And how good is Assassin/Evoker?

you no anything about sneak attack getting nerfed?

Yes... I found out today.

This doesn't help. I can't choose my class, but I'll probably be a Spellblade, Swashbuckler or Harbinger.

what did it get nerfed to ??

where have you seen this official?

B4 trickster SA = +20%

Cohh streamed Friday, but Saturday there were other streamers with early access that looked at the rogue. It's a confirmed nerf.

this is a fkkn joke

there goes playing a rogue total waste of time now

Any good builds with Rogue/Chanter? And how good is Assassin/Evoker?

you no anything about sneak attack getting nerfed?

Yes... I found out today.

This doesn't help. I can't choose my class, but I'll probably be a Spellblade, Swashbuckler or Harbinger.

what did it get nerfed to ??

where have you seen this official?

I saw on another thread.

Edit: Ganrich just confirmed above.

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

I watched the stream just for char creation and if I'm not totally wrong then Sneak Attack got nerfed to 30%, but I'd have to doublecheck that. In beta4 it's 50%. I guess this is due to the MIG situation where dmg bonuses have more impact with higher MIG and this might feel too powerful...?

Dual Wielding itself is still at 30% in beta4 and stream. It's just the additional two weapon style that went down from 20% (beta4) to 15% (stream).

• Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

B4 trickster SA = +20%

Cohh streamed Friday, but Saturday there were other streamers with early access that looked at the rogue. It's a confirmed nerf.

this is a fkkn joke

there goes playing a rogue total waste of time now

Yeah, it's a big difference. Maybe I should be a Chanter/Wizard...

sign.jpg

I watched the stream just for char creation and if I'm not totally wrong then Sneak Attack got nerfed to 30%, but I'd have to doublecheck that. In beta4 it's 50%. I guess this is due to the MIG situation where dmg bonuses have more impact with higher MIG and this might feel too powerful...?

Dual Wielding itself is still at 30% in beta4 and stream. It's just the additional two weapon style that went down from 20% (beta4) to 15% (stream).

Are you talking about dual wielding while backstabbing? Sorry, I don't really understand how it works in Deadfire. I haven't checked much on the non spoiler forum.

sign.jpg

not only this i just checked this supposed interrupt thing people are talking about,

yeah the rogues get it BUT ONLY ON THERE POWER ATTACKS  its defintely not passive

not only that but i just had a look at a cypher and there spells all interrupt aswell.

This is not a rogue only benefit that was introduced i think everyone gets it

man rogues are now 110% the worst class by far

Exaggerating there, Cipher has some spells that interrupt on hit, not all of them like Rogue. I don't think that necessarily matters, though, because if you're just looking for interrupt, hobble or blind are probably the best options. Hobble because it's the cheapest, blind because it's cheap and has bonus accuracy. I'd hope there are reasons to use Rogue abilities besides interrupt, but without access to the full game I'm not seeing any.

Anyway, 30% isn't that bad as a nerf, but I'm wondering firstly why, and secondly if they got anything to compensate for it. For one, if they have an easier time surviving, that +30% bonus might end up more useful than +50% since they'd last long enough to apply it throughout the fight.

Edit: Also @Gromnir u said in your playthrough rogue is good, but have u ever played both rogue and monk and compare their performance? I can say any class is good in beta if I don't compare each of them, judging class without comparison seems not so convincing.

played monk.  played every monk subclass multi with paladin, priest, wizard (though not all wizard specials as most are not... special) fighter, rogue and others as well.  am embarrassed to say we have hundreds o' hours o' gameplay o' the beta, and as already stated, we didn't resort to cheese such as leveling up to level 9 and playing only small portions o' the game to make comparissons. the scaling feature were clear busted and such an approach were not telling us much.  

strikers? compared to ranger, we thought rogue were better overall with more flexibility and a nice mix o' damage and survivability talents.  compared to monk, we thought the monk were generally superior to the rogue for survivability and flexibility, though again, as we said already, you are picking the class current most in need of a nerf bat to make comparisons. party foul.  can rank rogue compared to every other class and combo, but the actual measure should be measuring 'gainst game challenges.  

rogues are the single best interrupters in the game, and considering how enemy casters are typical the primary target for a player in most encounters including casters, rogues are ideally suited to negating those prime threats... and not just from mid-to-late levels.  rogues, from level 1, have access to superior battlefield mobility which only becomes available to other classes (e.g. monk, fighter, barbarian) considerable later. these qualities, beyond damage output which is considerable, is much understated.

HA! Good Fun!

ps solo is a non concern as the classes are not balanced for solo.  why even bring up solo?  might as well tell us which class is best when not utilizing any empowers. no point.

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Exaggerating there, Cipher has some spells that interrupt on hit, not all of them like Rogue. I don't think that necessarily matters, though, because if you're just looking for interrupt, hobble or blind are probably the best options. Hobble because it's the cheapest, blind because it's cheap and has bonus accuracy. I'd hope there are reasons to use Rogue abilities besides interrupt, but without access to the full game I'm not seeing any.

Anyway, 30% isn't that bad as a nerf, but I'm wondering firstly why, and secondly if they got anything to compensate for it. For one, if they have an easier time surviving, that +30% bonus might end up more useful than +50% since they'd last long enough to apply it throughout the fight.

where did you see 30%?

people on here are saying 20%

Well 30% is a little bit better

Even more reason to dual class a rogue i think 

Im stunned they ended up nerfing sneak attack though

I remember sawyer saying that according to there testing single class rogues where the weakest DPS class but Multi-class rogues where one of the highest

I cant believe his way of fixing this was to make the single class rogue even weaker.

I was totally thinking he was going to buff the rogue for the purpose of its single class not do this

Well 30% is a little bit better

Even more reason to dual class a rogue i think 

Im stunned they ended up nerfing sneak attack though

I remember sawyer saying that according to there testing single class rogues where the weakest DPS class but Multi-class rogues where one of the highest

I cant believe his way of fixing this was to make the single class rogue even weaker.

As far as I've read in reddit and here, everybody is planning on build a multi-class rogue, so why care about single class one ;)

• Like 1

why build a multiclass one?

To gain :

- access to the invis talents eg escape, shadow, clouds

- sneak attack 30%

- deathblows 

- backstab

theres not really much else worth taking about

just to let you no that if you thought rogues where weak in the first game they a far weaker now

sneaks 50 to 30

deathblows 100 to 50

starting lower accuracey, no reckless assualt, no accurecy talents to choose means they are not going to crit more then other classes

you are also kind of forced to use two handed weapon now because backstab is the rogues best feature

anyway can someone please just confirm how the backstab mechanics work for two weapon style and two handed style?

That is the last thing i need to confrim before play tommorrow

Boerer you there?

As I said earlier, backstab only works with one hit from stealth/invisible in beta. It works better with 2h weapon because they have higher base weapon damage.

• Like 1

What people are saying should be backed with source or else it's just hearsay. 20% sounds not right and while I believe SA got nerfed in the final game I am not 100% sure.

I will try to watch the stream again and look up what the actual value is (if it is in there).

Most people underestimate Crippling Strike I think. For 1 Guile it does a Full Attack that interrupts on hit (removing Concentration and still interrupting or removing 2 layers of Concentration - advantage over primary attacks like Knockdown), has a +2 PEN bonus and with Arterial Strike it has a very good DoT that is especially power- and helpful when you are moving a lot.

Deep Wounds is much better than in PoE.

I don't like that the rogue has so many active strike abilities and not so many good passives.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods