Just watched EA but only the skill trees (Potential Spoliers)

Im not really that impressed from what ive seen on the full skill trees

So they have:

- all melee classes have gotten a really big overhaul with a lot of new talents and skills.

- melee guys look pretty cool and will be good fun to play i think

now the bits im super pissed off about:

- the casters basically have the exact same spells as pillars 1 witch is a huge bummer. I was hoping for an overhaul here with alot of new spells but i didnt get it. There is the odd new spell thrown in here and there plus the one extra level of high spells.

- not only this but they have appeared to have reduced the spells that where available in the first game

- for those of us who have spent alot of time playing pillars one this is pretty sad because we allready have used these spells over and over.

- alot of the new high level spells arent that good, and i mean really arent that good. IMHO there are lot of lower level spells that are better then them. very disappointing. There are a few good ones though

From what ive seen casters may well be better off being multiclassed now. High level casters dont pack the punch they use to especailly when you take into consideration the new resting system

Single classed casters will be silly good.  Particularly Druids and Chanters IMHO.  They have great high level abilities.  Good enough that I am having trouble justifying MCing my first play through with my chanter.  Mages, Priests, and Ciphers also have good top level skills.  Keep in mind Power Level means single class spells will hit harder, last longer, and whatever else with lower and higher level spells alike than a multiclass.  Multiclass get the benefit of syncing up abilities from two classes, and Single class gets the raw power. 

Of course they retained the majority of spells, though.  This game is in the same world as the first.  It is their own Forgotten Realms which has been rehashing their spells for 40+ years or more.  Some of these spells are tied to famous/infamous Wizards in lore, some tied to diety, and so on.  So, of course they came back.  In however many months/years since the end of PoE1 I don't expect those spells to change.  I'd be mad if they completely tossed out everything from the first game. 

I just can't agree with you on this. 

• Like 2

There is always a problem of balancing staffs and sticks.

Hitting one enemy really hard is cool, but hitting everyone in the room with falling sky is a bit better.

One solution to that is to make spells look cool, but in terms of power keep them mediokey.

Oh, right! Good point. Also hope for more spells from Kalakoth. I like his style (except his Sunless Grasp - that's really for a place where the sun doesn't shine...).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Moved to a more appropriate location.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Also a reminder to stick to the arguments and not discussing each other.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Also a reminder to stick to the arguments and not discussing each other.

Sorry. It was just friendly concern for his mental health. But it's understood.

Edited by TheisEjsing

The beta has wizard spells which don't show up as options on leveling but can be added using the console. Presumably they'll be available in grimoires.

All the ones I've found are on the rpgcodex list. Consulting the list just now I found one I hadn't remembered to check for---Ninagauth's Death Ray. (As in WM 1, 

"This more powerful variant of the common Ray of Fire spell inflicts Raw damage, attacks the targets' Fortitude, and only affects enemies.")

Hopefully there will be more, and some completely new spells....

Edited by SaruNi