Mine will be

Paladin

Fighter

Rogue

Wizard

Priest

Why

Because i love collecting melee weapons and magic items for melee characters.

I really enjoyed getting all the great magic loot for melee classes in pillars one and the white march especially and gearing up the melee classes and then buffing them with awesome priest buffs. 

I had alot of success with it in the end and it was super enjoyable

Also i think casters have had a pretty big nerf in deadfire so i reckon melee is where its at

Wont be playing any multi-class my first play-through but looking for to it for future playthroughs 

Edited by master guardian
  • Like 1

My Watcher will be either a Druid or a Druid/Ranger depending on just how cool the high level Druid spells are.

I'm taking Eder and Pallegina because they were in my party in the first game and my Watcher is emotionally attached. I plan to cycle through the rest of the companions until I find the two that fit the party best, but at the moment I'm leaning towards Xoti and Tekehu. (With Tekehu as a Chanter.)

I'm taking Eder and Pallegina as well, because my Watcher gets along with them. By this point they've known each other for over 5 years, so they're probably pretty good friends. I'll sometimes take Aloth, but, like everyone else, I found Iselmyr more interesting than him.

I'm going to take Xoti as my fourth party member, because she's a healer. Since she worships a different aspect of Eothas from Eder, plus she's a Readceran, I'm anticipating some lively religious and political debates. I also want to get Eder and Xoti together. It's got to happen.

I think I'll rotate the fifth member around. My character is a pirate so she'll probably get along with Serafen.

Edited by KaiG

I'm importing my rogue for my initial playthrough, planning to multiclass as rogue/cipher. Aloth is the only companion who'll carry over in that save and I'll fill out my party with three of the sidekicks - Ydwin and Rekke definitely, plus whichever of the other two I like better.

It will be my Watcher (unbroken fighter), plus Eder, Pallegina and Aloth. Since all 3 are returning and they already

formed a friendship with my Watcher. Then other two party members are going to be Maini Rua (the sister of Kana,

former companion) she will take up the marksman role. Lastly there is Xoti because hey maybe sooner or later you

need the help of someone who can heal you, I'm looking at you Aloth.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Mine will be

Paladin

Fighter

Rogue

Wizard

Priest

Why

Because i love collecting melee weapons and magic items for melee characters.

I really enjoyed getting all the great magic loot for melee classes in pillars one.

Same exact thoughts here, it's like we are the same person!!!!

Melee weapons are my go to and magic items just up the fun :D

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Shifter/Helwalker multiclass main.

Eder and Pallegina because besties 4 lyfe. Xoti because I need a Priest, specifically a Priest who will antagonize Eder since that seems to be a class feature and Durance isn't around sooooooo...

The fifth slot will rotate between Aloth/Serafen/Maia based on mood, whimsy, the alignment of the stars, and my shipping grid t...tactical evaluations.

My watcher is going to be a Cipher/Rogue. My original intention for PoE was to play a melee cipher, but I realized pretty quick that it's a tough character to play. My experiences in the beta have shown me how incredibly formidable a Cipher/Rogue is, thanks to the increased damage and the small-but-noticable increase in defenses and health.

I'm not going to have a "starting party" as I'm going to go with companions, and will build my party as I encounter them throughout the beginning part of the game. Most likely going to take Eder, Aloth, Pallegina, and Xoti. Second playthough I'll probably play a Corpse Eater and run with Eder, Aloth, Serafen, Ydwin.

Edited by Katarack21

I will be importing my priest of Eothas playthrough from PoE1. He hasn't lost faith in Eothas after Caed Nua, but he definitely has some questions for him, you can bet on that.

I will 100% pick up Eder (reprising his role as the tank), Pallegina (going fighter/paladin) and Aloth (going pure wizard) since they were all with him at the end of PoE1, as for the last slot I'm currently leaning towards Tekehu (going pure druid because I don't like chanters).

I think I'll be keeping the trio in the party as much as possible with Eder getting priority, I'll swap with the other 4 new ones throughout the game when the area I'm in/NPCs I'm dealing with relevant to them; if I'm dealing with some pirate Serafen will be there, rautains/maia etc. as I always do. I don't think I'll ever put sidekicks in the party tho, not in my first run anyway. My watcher will be single class(Mage Slayer) as well as all the companions in the first run, tho most X class + barb multiclasses looks awfully appealing to me.

I rotate teams a lot, especially on my first playthrough but my plans for my "main team" is:  

Watcher: Inquisitor(soul blade/bleak walker)  

Pally as a crusader and the main tank  

Eder as a rogue or rogue/fighter  

Xoti pure Priest

Aloth pure wizard 

but as I said I'll be changing memeber and even using hirelings often.

• 3 weeks later...

Main will be Monk (from PoE) cuz I like to punch baddies!   :fdevil:

Eder, Pallegina & Aloth since we have history. Last slot Xoti because Priest - and has to be better than crazy ass Durance.

Might rotate others for personal quests like I did in PoE.

:no:

So turns out my starting party is

Cipher/Fighter (my watcher)

Fighter/Rogue (Eder)

Wizard (Aloth)

Priest (Xoti)

Barbarian (Sarafen)

Why?  Because these were the first companions I found.

• Like 3

So my new starting party turned out to be in the end,

- My Watcher. (Fighter)

[Went with Unbroken subclass]

- Eder. (Fighter)

- Aloth. (Wizard)

- Xoti. (Priest)

- Sarafen. (Barbarian/Cipher)

Companions are in order of how I found them in game.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´