Deadfire: Would you like to know more?

What exactly are the numbers for the streetfighter bonuses and maluses? That is, how much bonus do they get to sneak attack and recovery time when flanked/bloodied, and how much of a penalty when they aren't?

If I have a fighter/rogue that will be using full plate, dual-wielding and getting into the thick of things, is a streetfighter a no-brainer pick or not?

Could someone please explain how finishing blow works? I can't understand it from the tool tip.

Based on the beta experience, u get +50% damage when enemy is above 50% hp, and with every percentage they lose below 50%, u get 1% extra damage until 100% bonus when enemy is at 0%. This is my understanding of the ability. I might be wrong because I never restrictly test it.

• Like 1

What exactly are the numbers for the streetfighter bonuses and maluses? That is, how much bonus do they get to sneak attack and recovery time when flanked/bloodied, and how much of a penalty when they aren't?

If I have a fighter/rogue that will be using full plate, dual-wielding and getting into the thick of things, is a streetfighter a no-brainer pick or not?

Below 50% hp or flanked: -50% recovery, +50% sneak attack damage.

Below 50% hp AND flanked: The above bonuses, +100% crit damage.

If you're getting into the thick of things and using full plate, absolutely go Streetfighter.

Question about carnage... Does it center around the barbarian or the enemy hit? And what's its range? If a berserk is flanking an enemy will it hit (cause of confusion) the companion on the other side of the enemy?

Centers around the target.

Range... I can't remember the exact number but I guess 1.25 meter base? Maybe 1.5.

Yes, the Berserker will hit his team member with Carnage in that case.

But it's pretty easy to remove the confusion: just give him either Resistance to Intellect afflictions or give him an Intellect inspiration.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If you're getting into the thick of things and using full plate, absolutely go Streetfighter.

I thought the numbers were -20% recovery and +20% damage. Did it change for the release build? If so that is crazy string unless they massively increased the non-flanked penalty too.

• Like 1

Trickster Rogues- what spells do they get access to?  I still haven't found a list for this yet.

And images from the stream snippets says they're unlocked at power levels 3, 5, 7 and 9, which puts them at 5th, 9th, 13th and 19th level, respectively, for single classed rogues, and 7th, 13th, 19th and never for multi-class.  I'd expect them to be really amazing for that long a wait, and that big a penalty.

1st- Dazzling lights

3- ?

5- ? 

7- ?

9- ?

I thought the numbers were -20% recovery and +20% damage. Did it change for the release build? If so that is crazy string unless they massively increased the non-flanked penalty too.

What was the penalty?

Streetfighter got a buff back in Beta 4. (Maybe Beta 3?)

The penalty is still +20% recovery when neither flanked nor bloodied.

How easy was it to hit the Might cap in the beta, or is that even possible?  If power levels are supposed to be the biggest discriminator between single and multi classes, isn't there an end game scenario where your Nature Godlike can naturally just hit 35 might and have full accuracy, and the additional power levels to abilities just gains less meaning? 

Similarly, stacking crit.  Nature Godlike and Hearth Orlan seem like the clear Munchkin subraces since they're the ones that actually provide offensive bonuses, but how valuable is 10% of hits to crits for HOrlando Bloom?

Edited by Urthor

There is a cap at 35.

For some stats is pretty easy;

Es: might

20 from amaua/dwarf

+1 living lands

+10 hellwalker with max wounds

+5 thounderous blows (monk) or any might inspiration

--> already at 36 before any item

Are action speed and recovery time the same thing? Some ability descriptions (like two weapon style) use the terms interchangeably, but I was curious if they were actually the same.

And if they stack.

And if two weapon style affects druid shapeshifts.

Are action speed and recovery time the same thing? Some ability descriptions (like two weapon style) use the terms interchangeably, but I was curious if they were actually the same.

And if they stack.

And if two weapon style affects druid shapeshifts.

My understanding is that action speed should impact cast times as well as recovery times, while recovery is only recovery times (duh ;p).

That makes it so action speed is much more important for casters, as they have long casting and recovery times. While they are of close to equivalent benefit for melee classes and (non summoning) chanters, who have short cast/attack times, and long recovery times.

When you see an ability that changes the action speed or the recovery time it affects only the recovery time (or the reload time). As far as I know only DEX affects attack time/cast time.

edit: my bad recovery time abilities affect only recovery/reload time. DEX and action speed abilities (rapid casting, arquebus modal etc) affect both recovery/reload time and attack/casting time.

During recovery/reload phase, action speed and recovery time are inversely proportional: that is the higher the first the lower the second and vice versa. Behind the hood the game operates with action speed, even though many abilities speak of recovery time. You can determine one from another by taking into account that their product should be 1. Below are some example:

• medium armor: +35% recovery time => 1/1.35=0.74 action speed. Although you have an increase in recovery time, you have a decrease in action speed.
  • heavy armor: +55% recovery time => 1/1.55=0.645 action speed. Although you have an increase in recovery time , you have a decrease in action speed.
  • two weapon style: -20% recovery time => 1/0.8=1.25 action speed. Although you have a decrease in recovery time , you have an increase in action speed.  

That being said the formula for adding all the bonuses/maluses is quite complex and works in steps (penalties have higher weight than bonuses). You could check MaxQuest's post for a detailed explanation: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95847-attackaction-speed-thread/

Edited by kmbogd
  • Like 1

That's why Frenzy and Bloodlust are so good. And high DEX of course.

They also reduce reload in beta4.

Wasn't Vengeful Defeat placed at PL 7? Can't remember...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods