Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
683 replies to this topic

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1761 posts
  • Steam:Ask!
On that note, I wish games (singleplayer shooters especially) had difficulty settings more like Metro 2033's, where playing on the hardest difficulty means both the players and enemies have like no HP and die in only a couple of shots.
  • Mamoulian War, Malcador and Katphood like this

melkathi

melkathi

Teddy Bear Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3433 posts
  • Steam:melkathi
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Feeling a bit guilty about killing APEX.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2718 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

On that note, I wish games (singleplayer shooters especially) had difficulty settings more like Metro 2033's, where playing on the hardest difficulty means both the players and enemies have like no HP and die in only a couple of shots.

The first game that introduced me to this concept was Rogue Spear. Enemies would die with a single shot to the head or 2 shots to the chest, but so would you.
  • Bartimaeus likes this

Casper

Casper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

The first game that introduced me to this concept was Rogue Spear. Enemies would die with a single shot to the head or 2 shots to the chest, but so would you.

i used to play the original operation flashpoint for that reason. loved long distance shooting with the manual optics of a dragunov svd.

• Katphood likes this

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7833 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Think I am done with Overwatch, as a Youtuber put it I find fun matches are just a rare reprieve from a never ending darkness.  Every match of late deals with throwers, raging people and invariably defeat as I try to fill roles I suck at :lol:

Edited by Malcador, 21 June 2018 - 07:11 AM.

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1761 posts
And that's why I never play team-based multiplayer games anymore unless I already have people (i.e. friends) to play with that aren't terrible, :p. Online gaming - for virtually every game - has just gotten sooooo incredibly toxic and awful that I cannot stomach trying to be teammates with random strangers. It's a shame, too, since there are still some pretty decent people out there...but there are just too many not. Older games where the community is smaller and more tight-knit can be an exception, but anything even remotely newer can almost always go straight into the trash can.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 21 June 2018 - 07:40 AM.

• Mamoulian War and Malcador like this

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10993 posts
  • Steam:Tale
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
I played a game yesterday that I'm literally not allowed to tell you about. But I am allowed to puff my chest out and feel a bit superior for having the secret.

I'm still not at the part of Higurashi where things are worse than merely foreshadowed. And I find myself browsing my backlog for something that's easy to drop in and out of for some quick action. Coming up short. Maybe I'll look for something in the Steam sale.

marelooke

marelooke

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1088 posts
  • Steam:marelooke
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I think S.T.A.L.K.E.R. already worked this way. Ironically it's one of the things that actually made the game easier on harder difficulties...

My clanmates in Warframe tolerated me during an Eildolon (actually a Tridolon) hunt. It's funny how even with 5 years worth of gear there's still stuff I lack the proper equipment for to perform really well (lack of experience obviously didn't help any either ;))

• Bartimaeus likes this

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 9096 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I don't play team based multiplayer games because I am the terrible player that Malc and Bart have to cover for. :p
  • Malcador likes this

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1761 posts
I vastly prefer bad players who are good people vs. good players who are bad people. This applies to even non-team-based games like Mario Party - spoilsports can really ruin what should be a competitive yet lighthearted atmosphere. Good company is way more important than how skilled somebody is with the exception of playing at the professional level - which none of us are, so let's try to have fun, shall we?

Edited by Bartimaeus, 21 June 2018 - 05:26 PM.

• Hurlshot, Mamoulian War, Katphood and 1 other like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Me either, by the time I decide to buy a team based mp game, the veterans have memrorized every map, picked apart every detail and since mp games don't do matchmaking well anymore, in general, it's not very welcoming to a newcomer. Also I enjoy playing at my own pace, just doesn't seem possible with mp games at any rate.

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1189 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Just got finished with my annual Bethesda binge where I play 20 to 40 hours of a Bethesda game within a single week until I encounter a quest breaking but and give up. I spent about an hour trying to force the dang quest forward with console commands before I threw my hands up, deleted my save, and uninstalled.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2718 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
@SonicMage @Bartimaus

I totally agree and that is the main reason why I always loathe gamenets. I can recomment Red Orchestra 2. Even if you accidentally kill a team mate, they always keep cool. Actually, killing a friendly or getting killed by one is pretty common in that game because you know...war is hell!

And now I'm tempted to reinstall Red Orchestra 2, hope the playerbase is still the same.
  • Bartimaeus likes this

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4010 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Holy crap, the Xenonauts 2 combat demo looks and feels exactly how a Jagged Alliance 2 remake should be.

• Hurlshot likes this

LittleRose

LittleRose

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 126 posts

Just got finished with my annual Bethesda binge where I play 20 to 40 hours of a Bethesda game within a single week until I encounter a quest breaking but and give up. I spent about an hour trying to force the dang quest forward with console commands before I threw my hands up, deleted my save, and uninstalled.

Which quest was it?

SadExchange

SadExchange

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 867 posts

About 13 hours into Hollow Knight and just LOVING it.  The different areas, the music within each area, the fun, fast combat, the rollout of abilities and charms and especially, beyond anything else, the exploration.  This game does the map system right in my opinion.  The idea of going into a new area blind and having to find the guy that sells you the map, but only a map that covers the layout of a portion of the area where you then need to explore the rest and then sit (rest) at a bench to fill the rest out.  It makes going into new areas intense, especially when you're carrying a lot of geo (currency).

I've seen quite a bit of frustration with this mechanic and the difficulty on the Nintendo Subreddit and I guess I have to ask myself what I was expecting lol but I feel the difficulty is pretty spot on so far.  I've taken done quite a few bosses and what I assume are optional bosses and I would say the difficulty is right where it needs to be.  Some bosses I can defeat on the first try with the latest boss I'm on having killed me five times so far, but I think I may go buy some more notches for my charms and explore some other areas before trying again, but that's all in the fun.  I haven't been bothered by deaths so far in this game because everyone has been my fault, not some cheap trick of the game and that makes it easier to try again and push on.  Can't wait to throw more time into this game.  Also, great title on a handheld for sure!

• SonicMage117 likes this

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3807 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer

Holy crap, the Xenonauts 2 combat demo looks and feels exactly how a Jagged Alliance 2 remake should be.

I liked Xenonauts a lot, but after few days, the missions started to be littlr bit repetitive and tedious, but this sparkles my interest much more!

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

About 13 hours into Hollow Knight and just LOVING it. The different areas, the music within each area, the fun, fast combat, the rollout of abilities and charms and especially, beyond anything else, the exploration. This game does the map system right in my opinion. The idea of going into a new area blind and having to find the guy that sells you the map, but only a map that covers the layout of a portion of the area where you then need to explore the rest and then sit (rest) at a bench to fill the rest out. It makes going into new areas intense, especially when you're carrying a lot of geo (currency).

I've seen quite a bit of frustration with this mechanic and the difficulty on the Nintendo Subreddit and I guess I have to ask myself what I was expecting lol but I feel the difficulty is pretty spot on so far. I've taken done quite a few bosses and what I assume are optional bosses and I would say the difficulty is right where it needs to be. Some bosses I can defeat on the first try with the latest boss I'm on having killed me five times so far, but I think I may go buy some more notches for my charms and explore some other areas before trying again, but that's all in the fun. I haven't been bothered by deaths so far in this game because everyone has been my fault, not some cheap trick of the game and that makes it easier to try again and push on. Can't wait to throw more time into this game. Also, great title on a handheld for sure!

Well I've never played a Castlevania game (except for the 3D ones - which were awesome!) or Super Metroid but the vast majority of retro metroidvania fans agree that Hollow Knight is the best Metroidvania game ever made.

The Dark Souls like combat is undoubtedly Dark Souls-ish - the developers even stated this. The map in Hollow Knight is the largest 2D hand crafted map in existence. It puts even the best proceedural generation to shame. Even veterans still get lost.

The OST... well I am just going to stop because I will probably just look like I'm biased but really, it's a game that deserves the hype but I have nothing to compare it to since I've never played a Metroidvania other than it.
  • SadExchange likes this

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1189 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Which quest was it?

The dungeon by Dawnstar. First a door wouldn't open so I toggled culision and walked through it. Then a scripted sequence bugged out and I tried to force the quest to the next stage and got stuck in a dialog. Finally, I gave up.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9111 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

You know those FFXV chibi chr. models I was goofing off with? SE liked them a lot apparently.

https://steamcommuni...924880250725312

...but the thing is, I'm not sure what to make of this. They liked them a lot, but maybe still thought they were visually buggy/crap so they wanted to put out official, better looking, versions to represent? I mean, it's pretty cool and all but...

...does this mean if I (or anyone else) makes some gap-filled, bad textured shirtless Prompto/Noct/Ignis models, that are still subbed to a lot, will they finally put out official versions of such? They put Ignis' "hairdown" outfit due to popular demand. Gladio has his Official smexy shirtless outfit already. Be fair now, Square.

..... :biggrin:

Edited by LadyCrimson, 22 June 2018 - 09:11 AM.

• Katphood likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users