Wounding of Boar spiritform stack with itself

dunehunter

Question

11 answers to this question

It was like that with every "wounding" labeled attack in PoE (boar, Tidefall, Drawn in Spring, Persistence, Acuan Giamas). Intended.

Would fall far behind cat form if not.

Well at least wounding shot and deep wounds not working like this, these two ability only prolong duration, so you won't cause 10 DoT to enemy if you hit them with 10 wounding shot, only duration is prelonged.

Deep Wounds was like that (no stacking) in PoE as well. As was Envenomed Strike and some other raw damage effects. Wounding Shot stacked but was only a primary attack.

You sure that wounding shot stacks? I just checked it and the damage will not stack at all.

In beta3, boar's wounding:

- showed 0 damage in tooltip

- dealt [4 + 10% per power level] every 3s over [21s + 10% per power level]

- did not stack with itselt, only prolonged the duration

- so basically if (!) you were hitting once in 3s, we could roughly say that it adds 4-7.6 raw damage per attack

In beta4, boar's wounding:

- indeed stacks with itself; each appliance creates a separate dot instance on target

- but haven't checked it's duration yet or if there is an internal limit to such instances. For example had 2 shifters hitting the titan; and he was affected by 4 boar dots at most.

I'd say it's ok if it stacks with itself, but only if the dot deals no more than 24-28? total base damage.

Edited by MaxQuest

In beta3, boar's wounding:

- showed 0 damage in tooltip

- dealt [4 + 10% per power level] every 3s over [21s + 10% per power level]

- did not stack with itselt, only prolonged the duration

- so basically if (!) you were hitting once in 3s, we could roughly say that it adds 4-7.6 raw damage per attack

In beta4, boar's wounding:

- indeed stacks with itself; each appliance creates a separate dot instance on target

- but haven't checked it's duration yet or if there is an internal limit to such instances. For example had 2 shifters hitting the titan; and he was affected by 4 boar dots at most.

I'd say it's ok if it stacks with itself, but only if the dot deals no more than 24-28? total base damage.

I get some 30+ DoT from boar shiftform for some reason, but yes if it's only 4+10% PL it is fine even if stackable.

But is better if all wounding rules is explained.

Edited by dunehunter

So true.

Sadly a Shapeshifter can't use Taste of the Hunt on top of boar's wounding. Only reason why I don't use Shapeshifter that much. Taste of the Hunt is ridiculously good in Deadfire atm.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I get some 30+ DoT from boar shiftform for some reason, but yes if it's only 4+10% PL it is fine even if stackable.

Definitely. Ideally each DoT would write:

- is not applicable if target is already affected by such dot

- doesn't stack (but prolongs duration)

- stacks from different sources/casters

- stacks completely (even from the same source or caster)

As for damage, I just wanted to point out that if it doesn't stack it is too weak. And if it does... it's base damage better be in check. As 1 appliance can deal:

- at base: 4 raw damage every 3s for 21s (total of 32 dmg)

- and at 9 power level with 35MIG/35INT: 13.3 (4x1.9x1.75) raw damage every 3s for 90s (21x1.9x2.25) which would be 412 raw dmg total per 1 appliance over 90s. (So think of making 10 attacks, and withdraw vs a dragon)

Sadly a Shapeshifter can't use Taste of the Hunt on top of boar's wounding. Only reason why I don't use Shapeshifter that much. Taste of the Hunt is ridiculously good in Deadfire atm.

You can use Taste of the Hunt, prior or in between shiftings :)

It was so hilarious OP in beta3, because for some reason it was dealing total damage on EACH tick; so you could have something like 80 raw damage every 3s for 20s. It was fixed in beta4 through, only tooltip is bugged.

Edited by MaxQuest

Definitely. Ideally each DoT would write:

- is not applicable if target is already affected by such dot

- doesn't stack (but prolongs duration)

- stacks from different sources/casters

- stacks completely (even from the same source or caster)

As for damage, I just wanted to point out that if it doesn't stack it is too weak. And if it does... it's base damage better be in check. As 1 appliance can deal:

- at base: 4 raw damage every 3s for 21s (total of 32 dmg)

- and at 9 power level with 35MIG/35INT: 13.3 (4x1.9x1.75) raw damage every 3s for 90s (21x1.9x2.25) which would be 412 raw dmg total per 1 appliance over 90s. (So think of making 10 attacks, and withdraw vs a dragon)

So boar shifter the new dragon killer? ;)

Eh - first you have to be lvl 20 for PL 9 and have 35 MIG and INT. :) Meanwhile the two Bleak Walker/Assassins did their assassination sneaky thing and dealt 300 damage each at the start of the battle with no buffs. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods