LOL Sacred Immolation + Stunning weapon = AOE Stunning ?!

Yes, quite the old bug - never got properly fixed (only partially). If the timing is right stuff like that happens with a lot of AoE effects that emanate from the caster + special effect on hit/crit - as I described in the linked thread. The attack resolution code must be really entangled if they can't fix that globally. Or maybe Unity's event system is stupid - I don't know.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The attack resolution code must be really entangled if they can't fix that globally.

In PoE code you can find such entities like StatusEffect and StatusEffectParams.

The first is related to passive and lasting effects that are affecting the character himself. While the second are CharacterStats unrelated. For example stun-on-crit weapon enchant is a StatusEffectParam. It gets "attached" when you start the swing with your weapon, and is "dettached" right after attack roll/resolution (usually somewhere in the middle of attack phase animation)

In PoE1 afaik, this entity keeps no reference to source, so no additional checks are made. And this StatusEffectParam is applied to anything that goes through attack resolution during the same time window.

P.S. If I understood correctly this should not happen in Deadfire, as code was heavily rewritten, better arranged and effects "know" of their source.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

If I were to max that exploit, I'd go with a soulbound weapon with a damage proc. That one dagger that procs FoD could be interesting with the the the fire or corruption talent paladin order, but not sure they ever fixed that dagger.

I tested the vent pick that procs FoD, sadly it doesn't benefit from any paladin talents and no accuracy bonus. So in average it's a +7.5% lash or a +9% lash with scion of flames, not bad not good.

It might be good on a Bleak walker lash build? Switch between bittercut and vent pick depends on enemy resist, and use scale-breaker + behold the martyr to reduce armor? Hope I can duplicate them both!

Edited by dunehunter