Ectopsychic Echo's duration not affected by intellect

SaruNi

Question

5 answers to this question

It was same in PoE1. And I'd say it's one of those bugs that turned out to be a feature, because it enables 3-int cipher build.

P.S. Actually I think it would be great to have beams duration be affected by INT (for consistency) by default, but only if there was a talent, some kind of Beam Mastery: you can have now 2 beams of the same type active at the same time, but their duration is no longer affected by INT.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

That would be pretty interesting!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It was same in PoE1. And I'd say it's one of those bugs that turned out to be a feature, because it enables 3-int cipher build.

So that basically leaves... Disintegrate, Mind Blades, and Soul Shock, and that (usually underwhelming) lance power? But in PoE 2 casting time is too long to spam lower tier abilities, and focus gain is too slow to rely on multiple Disintegrates.....

The malus from Powder Burns also has a fixed 10 second duration, so 3 int won't undo that... Edit: after more testing it turns out Powder Burns doesn't build focus.

Edited by SaruNi

So that basically leaves... Disintegrate, Mind Blades, and Soul Shock, and that (usually underwhelming) lance power? But in PoE 2 casting time is too long to spam lower tier abilities, and focus gain is too slow to rely on multiple Disintegrates.....

Disintegrate damage was affected by INT.

And also INT affected Soul Shock AoE.

But yes, a 3-INT cipher could use: Echo, Antipathetic Field, Mind Blades, Mind Lance and Amplified Thrust without problem.

And agreed on long casting times.