With the new penetration system you no longer need a big damage weapon like a Great Sword to get past armor, you just need penetration. So a fast attack speed small weapon with good penetration can outperform big slow hitters.
So we want penetration.
What else would be good? Speed
What goes great with speed and penetration? Damage
OK lets see where we can get speed, damage and penetration.
- Berserker Frenzy adds the Tenacious buff for +4 penetration
- Monks get Thunderous Blows which adds Tenacious buff for +4 penetration
- Devoted get +3 penetration with their chosen weapon
- Ciphers get +1 penetration from Hammering Thoughts
- Dual wielding gets you -50% attack speed
- Fighters get two weapon style for -20% attack speed
- Fighters reduce armor penalty by 20% with Armored Grace
- Berserkers get -25% attack speed from Frenzy
- Barbarians get +20% on kill from Bloodlust
- Monks get -20% attack speed from Swift Strikes and +5 Dexterity
- Berserker Frenzy adds +5 Might
- Barbarians get Carnage
- Ciphers get
+40%+60% damage from Biting Whip + Soul Whip
- Monks get +50% lightning lash from Lightning Strikes
- Fighters get weapon specialization for +15% damage
- Barbarians get +20% from One Stands Alone when surrounded by two or more
- Barbarians get +25% from Blooded when low on health
So it looks like some combination of Berserker, Cipher (Soul Blade), Monk (Shattered Pillar) and Devoted
Ranking the classes you get:
- Devoted/Berserker for +7 penetration
- Devoted/Monk for +7 penetration
- Berserker/Cipher for +5 penetration
- Monk/Cipher for +5 penetration
- Devoted/Cipher for +4 penetration
- Berserker/Monk for +4 penetration (its the same buff for each)
Speed (not including dex)
- Berserker/Devoted 50 (dual wield)+20(two weapon style)+25(frenzy) + 20 (Armored Grace) +20 (on kill Bloodlust) = 135 less armor
- Monk/Devoted 50 (dual wield) + 20(two weapon style) + 20 (Armored Grace) +33 (Swift Strikes) = 123 less armor
- Monk/Berserker 50 (Dual Wield) + 13 (Swift Stikes Dex) + 25 (Frenzy) + 20 (on kill Bloodlust) = 108 less armor
- Berserker/Cipher 50 (dual wield) +25 (Frenzy) + 20 (on kill Bloodlust) = 95 less armor
- Devoted Cipher 50 (dual wield) + 20 (two weapon style) + 20 (armored grace) = 90 less armor
- Monk/Cipher 50 (dual wield) + 33 (Swift Strikes) = 83 less armor
Looks to be too complicated to actually figure it but it looks like:
The top contenders look to be Berserker/Cipher and Berserker/Devoted. I'd give the nod to the Berserker/Cipher for the utility of Cipher powers, Soul Annihilation and that you can keep Might at base and spend elsewhere due to the huge boost from Biting Whip.
The Chainsaw will be a Witch (Berserker/Soul Blade)
Race = human for the fighting spirit or whatever suits your fancy
Might 10 -
soul whip adds so much that +3 per point is not real good should perhaps add some here since Might acts differently now.
Constitution 15 - health is life
Dexterity 15 - 13% faster action speed
Perception 10 using accurate clubs plus you have focus
Intellect 18 - more duration and more AoE for spells and carnage
I'd take few cipher powers like Mind Wave (or whatever at creation) and Mind Blades (I really like the power, it has good range, fast cast, good penetration and hits several enemies), Biting Whip and Iron Will. The rest will come from Barbarian passives. I'd skip Shout and Barbaric Blow to save the charges for Frenzy.
Weapons to use are fast speed. I'd start with clubs and stillettos on switch for when you need more penetration. Add in hatchets when you can.
Edited by KDubya, 25 November 2017 - 05:33 AM.