Ranting about watcher transfer

Nail

Playing some beta, seeing how the new skill system works,

Do you feel in Deadfire transferred character will remain his talents from PoE I such as:

Gift from the machine

The Merciless Hand / Second Skin / Mob Justice

Flick of the Wrist
Dozens Luck
Mental Prowess

and blood pool sacrifice bonuses?

I have doubts... Cause it's not mandatory to finish PoE I to start Deadfire,

and I don't think there will be a choice to choose all these talents for new Deadfire character...

Still transferred character from PoE I to PoE II would have such immanence advantage having these!

I wish they would be transferred though...

What do you think?

Edited by Nail

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

They did say in a QA session that they would not guarantee those talents would remain, or that they would remain in the same form, but that they would try to give you something if you had them in your imported character. Guess we'll have to see when the game's out.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

They did say in a QA session that they would not guarantee those talents would remain, or that they would remain in the same form, but that they would try to give you something if you had them in your imported character. Guess we'll have to see when the game's out.

At least three of them are pretty important for the story line, if Deadfire is influenced by PoE I story line...

I'm certain there will be dragons in Deadfire, so Scale-Breaker ability would be nice.

But if the skill is not transferred, it's pretty obvious decision to free Adra Dragon.

Or blood pool decision - might be game changing, still useless if the talent is not transferred.

I'm just thinking to make another run according to what I saw in Deadfire beta...

But if it matters a lot how to go through according to these talents. 

Edited by Nail

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Can't say I really care. 

My character killed Adra Dragon, because that is what my character would do. If they transfer Scale-Breaker into sequel that means:

1) fights with Dragon's might be balanced around having Scale-Breaker in order to be balanced - therefore it sucks if you don't have it. Maybe you can get this skill in Deadfire in addition to it being transfered from PoE1

2) Scale-Breaker skill is not considered when designing Dragon encounters, so when you have it transfered from PoE1 you have a much easier time. In which case I won't use it (probably) Not a problem since its optional.

I would be more interested in some cool story reaction in Deadfire from mentioned events. 

Playing some beta, seeing how the new skill system works,

Do you feel in Deadfire transferred character will remain his talents from PoE I such as:

Gift from the machine

The Merciless Hand / Second Skin / Mob Justice

Flick of the Wrist

Dozens Luck

Mental Prowess

and blood pool sacrifice bonuses?

I have doubts... Cause it's not mandatory to finish PoE I to start Deadfire,

and I don't think there will be a choice to choose all these talents for new Deadfire character...

Still transferred character from PoE I to PoE II would have such immanence advantage having these!

I wish they would be transferred though...

What do you think?

Now now, while I understand your concerns and have those same fears here, it is much too soon to start worrying and speculating about this, to be honest ;)

I imagine that those important story consequences might carry over.

Skaen may remember you positively if you sacrificed someone to the blood pool.

Berath might be cranky at you if you devoured a bunch of souls.

The talents aren't the most important thing.

Can't do anything with myself. I'm a sucker for stats :)

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

I'd like it if they carried over because it adds to the history of your character and it's a nice little bonus for transferring a save from the first game.

It should definitely add to your character's history.

I'm not sure if they want to punish people for not having played the first game, though.

I'd like it if they carried over because it adds to the history of your character and it's a nice little bonus for transferring a save from the first game.

It should definitely add to your character's history.

I'm not sure if they want to punish people for not having played the first game, though.

Presumably those people would make the same choices in the pre-game Pillars 1 scenario generator.

My guess is that you won't have them at the start but may reclaim them as you progress through the story and save your soul.