I'm not sure if this has been asked before. But will there be set items in Deadfire? Also i like a transmog feature where you can change the look of your armor. For example i really like the stats of Angio's Gambeson but i found Wayfarer's Hide looks better. I would like that my Angio's Gambeson looks like Wayfarer's Hide instead.

I was excited for this in WoW, but I kind of wish they never put it in. It gets rid of the uniqueness of items when you can just make them look like anything. I think that the look of the item another part of deciding whether to use it on top of stats and that. Eh, I'm probably alone on this.

So I hope they don't, I know it's my choice to use it or not but it still feels like things are devalued. Maybe if there's one rare consumable in the game or something which allows you to do it.

Edited by daven
  • Like 2

nowt

I was excited for this in WoW, but I kind of wish they never put it in. It gets rid of the uniqueness of items when you can just make them look like anything. I think that the look of the item another part of deciding whether to use it on top of stats and that. Eh, I'm probably alone on this.

Maybe indeed you are)

Personally I loved transmog.

In TBC everyone where in s3, s4 and t6. The whole difference was: haircut, and visibility settings on helm and cloak.

And I liked the added ability to create a custom and unique outfit, often built from non-set items, not even epics, but just the ones that were going well together.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

I would rather they just put in things like surcoats to let you optionally layer "pretty" stuff on top of equipment you don't necessarily love.

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

So I hope they don't, I know it's my choice to use it or not but it still feels like things are devalued. Maybe if there's one rare consumable in the game or something which allows you to do it.

Nope you are not alone in this.  I do think we may be outnumbered unfortunately.  But then taste is rarely appreciated by the masses. ;)

I would rather they just put in things like surcoats to let you optionally layer "pretty" stuff on top of equipment you don't necessarily love.

This I would like.  Surcoats with maybe even emblems and heraldry to go on top.  Always liked surcoats though so it may be my own biases showing.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

This I would like.  Surcoats with maybe even emblems and heraldry to go on top.  Always liked surcoats though so it may be my own biases showing.

Yes, This and this. It would be a easy way to further customize your character's appearance. Heraldry and emblems would be an added bonus, but I'd be happy with just being able to dye the surcoat.