Wall of Flame Interruption

MaxQuest

Question

Problem: wizard's Wall of Flame spell, doesn't use caster's interruption value. It is always a static -25 (if graze), 0 (if hit), +25 (if crit).

Expected behavior: wizard's perception should affect spell interruption value.

Version: 3.05

Edited by MaxQuest

6 answers to this question

Yeap, it is considered a hazard.

Have checked now:

- Wall of Thorns

- Warding Seal Trap

- Searing Seal Trap

All of these hazards ignore caster's perception/interrupt value.

This makes periodic hazards pretty useless for interruption purpose. They can still be used for triggering Combusting Wounds through.

I have a feeling that hazards do not store information about characters that made/casted them. And in a way it makes sense. A trap, or a seal when are going off are "on their own".

I am interested if this was intended through, as tooltips do not specify this.

At some point (I believe) it was your mechanics skill that influenced not only traps (also hazards once triggered) but also seals and other hazards. But this got changed pretty early because it was cheesy and a bit weird that your priest should have 12 mechanics just to make his/her seals hit/crit more often. But they didn't establish any other tool to boost hazards then.

So maybe this "on their own" behavior was intended at some point. With traps it makes total sense. The one who can lay traps really well should create a trap which is more dangerous.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I have a feeling that hazards do not store information about characters that made/casted them. And in a way it makes sense. A trap, or a seal when are going off are "on their own".

But do they use caster's accuracy and damage bonus from might? If yes then why not interruption.

Vancian =/= per rest.