What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Drakengard 3

It's actually quite good in a "I haven't played any warriors games to compare, but the characters are simply delightful" kind of way.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished Chapter 8 of Tales of Xillia in my NG+ run for Platinum. 8 more chapters to go :-P currently getting close to 250 hours mark O.o

250??

I did it in 80 or 90, I think. Are you going for all Grade stuff?

Oh, my bad, I missed 2 in my message :/ I play Tales of Xillia 2. I have finishe Platinum in Original ToX in about 135 hours. ToX 2 is lasting much longer for me, because beside of Platinum, I somehow feel, that I should unlock all waepons, beasts and skits in the encyclopedia :-D

I haven't played ToX2 yet. I hear the platinum is a pita, so I might skip it for the second game.

I beat Dragon's Crown yesterday. I don't know if I will go for higher difficulty playthroughs. I played a bit on hard and it was fun, but playing alone has finally got boring. I played some random online games and it was decent fun.

Actually it is not as much pita as it looked like, it just takes more time to do all the stuff, but keep in mind, that in my current 250 hours, I have spent at least 20 on completionist thingies, which are not required for Platinum.

The hardest things are Battle Trophies, but if I was able to master them all, most of the players should be able to do them as well. I do not consider myself Uber Tales of Pro regarding to combat execution. Tales of Zestiria Platinum will be much bigger pita.

The second issue I had was grinding Gaius' Chivalry support ability to 450. This one was time consuming, but in the end, I have found two enemies, which made the grind much faster. To bad I found it when I was at number 250 :-D

The enemies can be found in Culmar Trail and Mon Highlands. I do not know their names, but both have models of female soldiers/bandits. So if you ever go for the platinum, do not forget about these enemies. It will save you few hours for sure ;-)

Everything else was on par with original ToX. It has even the same recommended spots for some character related trophies and battle trophies.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Finished Mad Max. I've got to say, Avalanche Studios have quite a pair to direct the game in the way they did. I won't say more as to not spoil, but well done.

This has became my favourite one of the Ubisoft-styled open world games.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

Guess I'm not playing Drakengard 3 anymore. My PS3 is shutting off in the middle of play, with online reports saying it matches symptoms for everything from overheating to drive failure.

I was really enjoying it, too. How are PS3s still $200?

And I still have Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 to play on PS3. And I am itching to replay the original Nier.

Guess I'm not playing Drakengard 3 anymore. My PS3 is shutting off in the middle of play, with online reports saying it matches symptoms for everything from overheating to drive failure.I was really enjoying it, too. How are PS3s still $200?And I still have Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 to play on PS3. And I am itching to replay the original Nier.

That's really strange, never heard of them doing that. Did you look up online to see if others are having similar issues?

PS3's are made up of really nice hardware, cell tech is awesome... a failed awesomeness but awesome nonetheless. PS3's are like the deloreans of consoles as far as I'm concerned although my favorite console was probably the 2001 Xbox :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Yeah, there's lots of people with the same issue. It precedes a YLOD and was apparently pretty common in the old 60GB models. Which is what this is.

I ended up eventually buying 3 PS2s and have already moved to my second PS4. It's about time the PS3 was replaced. I got the dang thing at Circuit City.

Yeah, there's lots of people with the same issue. It precedes a YLOD and was apparently pretty common in the old 60GB models. Which is what this is.I ended up eventually buying 3 PS2s and have already moved to my second PS4. It's about time the PS3 was replaced. I got the dang thing at Circuit City.

Uggghhh.. that sucks! I'm sorry to hear that, frustrating..I have 2 models, the original "fat" PS3 40gb which has lasted since the time it released and then a White 500gb Slim model. I cant that I have had any issues with them yet.

Circuit City! The good ole days lol

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Yeah, there's lots of people with the same issue. It precedes a YLOD and was apparently pretty common in the old 60GB models. Which is what this is.

I ended up eventually buying 3 PS2s and have already moved to my second PS4. It's about time the PS3 was replaced. I got the dang thing at Circuit City.

The launch version of PS3 and generally the fat versions did overheat a lot. It's actually pretty interesting that it has managed to work this long. You should buy a new PS3 pronto since they just went out of production last month. Mine is still working but I'll buy a spare one next month since I still play a lot of games on it. 

Tip: try to find a slim version instead of the 500 GB super slim. The super slim has a weird disc tray and it can be bothersome.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

The launch version of PS3 and generally the fat versions did overheat a lot. It's actually pretty interesting that it has managed to work this long. You should buy a new PS3 pronto since they just went out of production last month. Mine is still working but I'll buy a spare one next month since I still play a lot of games on it. 

Tip: try to find a slim version instead of the 500 GB super slim. The super slim has a weird disc tray and it can be bothersome.

The best one is the one I have, it has the slide open tray. You don't have to worry about it breaking and it's easy to clean :)

I have never heard of PS3's overheating until now. All my family and relatives still have their fat PS3's working, including me. Strange.... must have been a very small percent. I'm going to look into it just for curiosity.

I have never heard of PS3's overheating until now.

Wait...what?! Some topics I came across right now(regarding PS3's overheating and the infamous YLOD) date back to 2011. That's some 6 years ago.

• Like 1

So, after hearing all the bad news about Andromeda (and frankly, feeling a little intimidated by its large AAA price tag), I decided to buy another game instead. Namely, Zero Escape: The Nonary Games. Another semi-visual novel by Chunsoft about 9 strangers who are kidnapped by a psycho and put into a death game. Oh Japanese people, you and your death games ;)

• Like 3

Still playing ESO, went in blind and having fun as a duel wielding dunmer.

Just been taking it easy and leveling up clothier, bs for weapons, and alch and enchanting.

Sadly quite a few people have told me that the race is not good for the class I'm playing.

Ce la vi, don't give a ****, I love dunmer rogues hehe

This is what always frustrates me with MMOs or even ARPGs that there's always a OP way to do a class or race and all I want to do is play games and have fun. I don't have the time nor want to spend the time to be the king of the leaderboards, I just want to enjoy myself.

Heh, most of the people hung up on this aren't "top" players anyway, they're just aping what they hear elsewhere without understanding (and understanding that for the content most people care about it doesn't matter one bit).

Personally been mostly playing Guild Wars 2, though I've also started in Guild Wars 1. There's a load of references from 2 to 1 so yeah, couldn't help myself :p

It's really surprising how different the games are from each other though, I'd have expected the class system of GW2 to be an evolution of GW1's but it's a total overhaul: the games have absolutely nothing in common (combat)mechanics wise. Still the GW1 intro was fun, hiking through pre-Searing Ascalon and getting to see the "other" side of the conflict (in GW2 you mostly get to hear the Charr, aka the GW1 "bad guys", side).

Actually needing corpses for a Necromancer was also kinda nice (until you get to fight elementals and undead. Ugh ;) )

Edited by marelooke

They're hard to buy new from good sellers as it is. Gamestop only sells used consoles. Target, Walmart, Amazon only sell third party. The "Amazon's Choice" third party is a super slim.

Edit: And I've ordered my PS3. Amazon Prime had an option for delivery today, so I'll be back on the wagon in no time!

Finished Mad Max. I've got to say, Avalanche Studios have quite a pair to direct the game in the way they did. I won't say more as to not spoil, but well done.This has became my favourite one of the Ubisoft-styled open world games.

Mad Max was awesome. Vastly overlooked just because it released on the same day as The Phantom Pain, yet I prefer it more.

And I like most of Ubisofts games. Rayman games are still my jam after 20 years? Lol

I got a new CPU (and ... Everything else consequently) and can finally run Kingdom Come: Deliverance beta on reasonable framerates. I must say, what they have to show for a beta is quite impressive - I'm starting to look forward to the full version.

Picked up MLB The Show '17. The Retro mode is awesome, it made it super easy to play a game with my daughter since they've simplified the controls back to the old days when we only had one or two buttons to do most stuff. The Road to the Show is also improved with an odd little documentary style narration that follows your character as he works his way through the minors. You get a bit more control over dialogue as well. Basically it continues to become more of a fantastic RPG every year.  :)

• Like 1

7.2 patch for WoW dropped and...it's Timeless Isle :p

Got a legendary ring though so that was nice.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Playing Mass Effect 1 on the PS3. 

Still fun to mess around with different weapons and mods, gonna go for that 'one-hit kill low accuracy' shotgun setup again.

• Like 1