So after probably over 10 play throughs and 1000 hours of gameplay I would like to finally discuss what I and everyone else thinks the most powerful classes and builds are.
Now is a great time to clarify this because there will be no more meaningful patches and the game is completely end stage and a lot of people have finished playing it,
Most Powerful By Far Contenders:
1. Fire Priest:
- Build a Priest with Maximum Might and Dexterity, acquire the Maegfolc Skull (+4 might), Abydons Hammer (+4 might), get the Scion of flame talent, cast minor Avatar (+8 every stat) and then just sit back and watch everything around you burn. With Minor Avatar activated your buffs and debuffs are also super charged and Abydons Hammer will give you something like a 20 sec area of affect stun that can be used per encounter.
This is my No.1 most powerful build. The only problem with it is when you encounter enemies with a high burn DR although you will be dealing such huge amounts of damage you will usually punch through the DR anyway.
- No set build is needed or necessary with wizards they are allways powefull no matter how you build them. You can buff yourself to near invincibility summon powerfull melee weapons and charge head on into the fray or you can cast haste sit back and unload your arsenal of ranged spells to completely devastate all shadowflame, fireballs, rake ect......
It can be argued that they are more powerful then the Fire Priest because they are more versatile.
3. The On affect Critical Hitting Rogue
- Rogues Wrongly have attracted a lot of criticism and to be honest I have no idea why. I think a lot of regular users on this forum have a vendetta against them various reasons. This Below Rogue Build is an absolute MONSTER.
High Dex, Perception, sneak attacks, deathblows, dirty fighting, viscous fighting, dual wield durganized Wetoki and Starcaller and everything else doesn't really matter. The on crit stun and prone will chain lock and render any opponent obsolete. On top of this you will be dishing out unparralled damage. The only class capable of going invisible then flanking your oponents rear to take out there casters. If built properly survivability is not a problem just give your rogue all the best defensive magic items you find and he will be able to tank wit the best of them.
REST OF THE CLASSES IN ORDER
4. Fighter and Paladin tied for equal fourth.
- Giving both of them fourth purely for there defensive capabilities. A high intelligence fighter is the better tank with unbending and unbroken but the paladin can get all defensive stats up super high (Will, Fort, Reflex) and even gain immunities to charms ect with there high level paladin powers. Self Immolation is over rated and not that usefull at high levels. Fighter can be quite boring to play over all. Single weapon and small shield is the best way to build them.
5. Druid/ Cipher/ Ranger tied for equal fifth.
- I think druids are overated. The best thing they have going for them is Relentless Storm but the game just becomes and absolute yawn fest if you chain cast it. Enter combat cast storms, enter combat cast storms, enter combat cast storms, it just goes on and on and I try and avoid using druids for this reason.
- Cipher high level powers are awesome and great fun, amplified wave, mindweb, time parasite. Great fun class Obsidian did an awesome just creating it out of nothing
- Rangers, One trick pony with dual arrows. They don't have mush else.
6. Chanters/ Barbarians Monks Bottom of the Pack
- OMG Chanters suck have tried so many times to make them work but they just don't cut it for me. Dragon thrashed is good.
- Barbs. Now this is one class I put my heart and soul into trying to make them work. An analysis of the Barbarian will tell you they could be built effectively to take advantage of carnage and on crit weapons that stun prone. When built like this the on hit effect simply do not go off often enough to make it worth it. So hard to crit with carnage and the barbs have a low accuracry base regardless. Barbs can do a lot of damage with carnage but the damage is not dished out effectively eg you will be slowly chipping away with small damage amounts to groups of enemies while they stand around and cut you down unlike a rogue who will take enemies down one by one therefore creating less enemies to strike back. HOF is great and insane fun.
- Monks personally never liked them