Politics 2017 part 4

Hurlshort

I'm with WoD on this one. Those "misguided children" would have killed him dead had he not been armed. I have weapons in every room of my home and a firm policy of shooting first and asking questions later. If I catch someone on my property I'll ask them to leave nicely. If someone forces their way into my home that will be all for them.

Oh I'd agree as well, I believe even police officers are trained to aim for the chest. You only mess around with trick shots in the movies.

The way I understand it the bill only allows the sale of statistical data, not personally identifiable data.

As I understand it, all S.J.Res. 34 does is disapprove the rule "Protecting the Privacy of Customers of Broadband and Other Telecommunications Services." 

That FCC rule tried to argue that ISP were in a different class to providers of services (ie that COMCAST and GOOGLE were inherently different).  The kind of protections that were afforded by the rule was more along the lines of "a broadband provider can't deny you broadband if you don't agree to us selling your data" and "a broadband provider can't sell your data without you first agreeing to your data being sold".

There was no such provision that non-ISPs, like Facebook, couldn't sell your data, because as non-ISPs the non-ability to use their service didn't necessarily remove you from the flow of information.

That said, as has been pointed out since "Protecting" hadn't been implemented, technically no one lost any protections they didn't already have. 

I can't tell if the Privacy of Customer Information (section 702) of the FCC's "Telecommunications Act of 1996" is what protects some information or not (they at several points say "telecommunication services" includes "information services" in other sections but not in 702); I have read that some data mining is protected only by the particular ISP's internal policies.

I'm with WoD on this one. Those "misguided children" would have killed him dead had he not been armed. I have weapons in every room of my home and a firm policy of shooting first and asking questions later. If I catch someone on my property I'll ask them to leave nicely. If someone forces their way into my home that will be all for them.

Oh I'd agree as well, I believe even police officers are trained to aim for the chest. You only mess around with trick shots in the movies.

To be fair, I think most media outside a few particular characters (like the Lone Ranger) didn't intentionally go for trick shots either. 

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/killing-3-teens-during-burglary-may-test-oklahoma-010103618--abc-news-topstories.html

It's always been legal to kill people who broke into your house. Has nothing to do with "stand your ground"?

They were taken out before they got to do any damage to innocent people. Lucky break for society, and serves them right. Hopefully other Oklahoma would-be victimizers will think twice thanks to this reminder that the innocent aren't helpless cattle waiting to be slaughtered.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Hooray! Not only is our every move observed by several organisations Soviet style, no, we are capitalists! We will not only have you under constant surveillance, we will also sell all the information we get to private firms. And we will make you pay for the surveillance via tax money as well. Also, we will tell you to be thankful for it... ever had such personalised ads? I especially like the political ones... we can now adjust our political ads EXACTLY to you, so that you may be stripped entirely from any form of reason based voting and make purely emotional decisions. What, surprised? You do it for 90% of the products you buy already. When was the last time you saw an ad that actually told you something about the product? And yet you buy more than ever. Obviously our political campaigns will be run te same way. Heck, that's basically how Trump won.

Did I mention we are also the pinnacle of individual freedom and all other ideologies are evil?

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Hooray! Not only is our every move observed by several organisations Soviet style, no, we are capitalists! We will not only have you under constant surveillance, we will also sell all the information we get to private firms. And we will make you pay for the surveillance via tax money as well. Also, we will tell you to be thankful for it... ever had such personalised ads? I especially like the political ones... we can now adjust our political ads EXACTLY to you, so that you may be stripped entirely from any form of reason based voting and make purely emotional decisions. What, surprised? You do it for 90% of the products you buy already. When was the last time you saw an ad that actually told you something about the product? And yet you buy more than ever. Obviously our political campaigns will be run te same way. Heck, that's basically how Trump won.

Did I mention we are also the pinnacle of individual freedom and all other ideologies are evil?

The better question should be who is dumb enough to buy a product (or candidate) based solely on an ad?

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ok, now I understand where all the bull**** crap on the other forums here comes from; you all congregate here in order to generate poison and bull****. Damn I wish I hadn't opened this thread, I was actually beginning to regain my faith in humanity.

The most important step you take in your life is the next one.

The better question should be who is dumb enough to buy a product (or candidate) based solely on an ad?

Billions of people

• Like 2

Enough that they're still doing it.

Ok, now I understand where all the bull**** crap on the other forums here comes from; you all congregate here in order to generate poison and bull****. Damn I wish I hadn't opened this thread, I was actually beginning to regain my faith in humanity.

And I wish you would go back to reddit.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Welcome to the internet?

• Like 4

Billions of people

True enough I guess. But at the end of the day the only actions or decisions we can account for is our own. The people who think critically and make smart decisions with their votes, money, etc don't owe an apology for the ones that don't.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

And I wish you would go back to reddit.

Can't tell if he's talking about the liberals or conservatives here...

Or maybe he means the awful mental degenerates who are in between. :alien:

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

At least he's not one of those TheDonald ****heads

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/326639-flynn-offers-to-testify-on-russia-ties-in-exchange-for-immunity (alt source: Wall Street Journal: https://www.wsj.com/articles/mike-flynn-offers-to-testify-in-exchange-for-immunity-1490912959)

Former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn has offered to testify on Russian issue in exchange for immunity. An intriguing development, at the very least.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Posting about an issue without telling what the issue is about, just like passive aggressive girlfriend. Come on now, don't be a stranger, point to the doll were we hurt you.

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/326639-flynn-offers-to-testify-on-russia-ties-in-exchange-for-immunity (alt source: Wall Street Journal: https://www.wsj.com/articles/mike-flynn-offers-to-testify-in-exchange-for-immunity-1490912959)

Former National Security Advisor Mike Flynn has offered to testify on Russian issue in exchange for immunity. An intriguing development, at the very least.

This is a huge development, especially since Flynn is asking for immunity the salient question needs to be " what would Flynn require immunity from " ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

We should note that Flynn is being represented by Robert Kelner, who backed Evan McMullin and Mindy Finn when they ran in the 2016 election, later founded Stand Up Republic, and are among the strongest voices calling for an independent inquiry into Kremlin-support for Trump.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I didn't talk to Russia

I talked to Russia

I talked to Russia & I resign

I talked to Russia & will tell all for criminal immunity

I didn't have lunch with Russia.

I had lunch with Russia but I didn't enjoy it.

I had lunch with Russia but I didn't swallow.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I dunno Bruce. I used to think it was a big deal to ask for and get immunity until they started handing it out like candy in the Clinton investigation

Yeah, I hear you :)

Lets see how this works out 

We should note that Flynn is being represented by Robert Kelner, who backed Evan McMullin and Mindy Finn when they ran in the 2016 election, later founded Stand Up Republic, and are among the strongest voices calling for an independent inquiry into Kremlin-support for Trump.

But this is a good thing for  me, we need to settle this matter one way or another so the country can move on to other more meaningful political  debates around certain global issues for example

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'll be completely honest. I really couldn't give a **** if they found any ties between Trump and Russia.

Reason I guess is because I'm getting burnt out on all these accusations and just don't care anymore.

Seriously, this is something very important but we are being overloaded with all these small things so often and soooo much, I just don't care anymore.

• Like 2

I'll be completely honest. I really couldn't give a **** if they found any ties between Trump and Russia.

Reason I guess is because I'm getting burnt out on all these accusations and just don't care anymore.

Seriously, this is something very important but we are being overloaded with all these small things so often and soooo much, I just don't care anymore.

Same%20Crap.jpg

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

And it's only 70 days in.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Woo hoo! Only 1313 to go until we pick Trump again or a Democrat that will be just as bad if not worse. Unless voters finally say enough is enough and do something different. Not holding out much hope but you never know.

Thomas Sowell

Woo hoo! Only 1313 to go until we pick Trump again or a Democrat that will be just as bad if not worse. Unless voters finally say enough is enough and do something different. Not holding out much hope but you never know.

You need to believe and lead by example, I think this year was best year for 3rd party candidates so far? Maybe next election they will get even more, change doesn't happen over night

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"