NFL 2017-2018 Season

Bartimaeus

lol @ packers

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Yeah, right after Rodgers went down, I made the Chiefs my pragmatic choice to cheer for as the Raiders looked out of it, too...and then they immediately lost the next four games. Uh, whoops?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

We didn't score a single TD in the first half and Dak, uncharacteristically, threw 2 picks, yet we go into the half up by 2.  I'll happily take that, though I'm far from celebrating, as I've seen far too many 2nd half collapses.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Dak seems like a very different QB when defenses don't play the RB anymore, especially when the OL is beat up like it is. Have to learn and get better - RBs have a short half-life in this league, and his star RB won't be around for forever.

In fairness, pretty much every QB ever performs significantly better when they get good pass protection and the D is biting on play action than when they are getting hit all the time and have to scramble.

I didn't watch any football yesterday, I was watching the MST3K marathon instead. I kinda hope the Boys lose all their remaining games, in super embarrassing fashion preferably, so that we can at least get one positive out of this season by getting our useless yesman patsy of a coach fired and getting an actual coach that can run a team and make adjustments during a game.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

In fairness, pretty much every QB ever performs significantly better when they get good pass protection and the D is biting on play action than when they are getting hit all the time and have to scramble.

I didn't watch any football yesterday, I was watching the MST3K marathon instead. I kinda hope the Boys lose all their remaining games, in super embarrassing fashion preferably, so that we can at least get one positive out of this season by getting our useless yesman patsy of a coach fired and getting an actual coach that can run a team and make adjustments during a game.

I can't blame you. I've basically been doing the same thing with the Jets for the last decade.

so that we can at least get one positive out of this season by getting our useless yesman patsy of a coach fired and getting an actual coach that can run a team and make adjustments during a game.

Wouldn't count on it - Jerry utterly loves that guy, and you guys were the #1 seed in the NFC last year. It's probably gonna take 2-3 years of really sucking for that to happen, and with the amount of talent you guys have on at least the offensive side of the ball, that'll probably never happen.

good golly gee whiz mccarthy is a terrible, terrible gameday coach. his total lack of football situational awareness cost us that game, nothing more. off with his head and all that. you might be an amazing coach at everything else every other day of the week, but your idiotic decision-making during actual games has cost us wins.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Dak seems like a very different QB when defenses don't play the RB anymore, especially when the OL is beat up like it is. Have to learn and get better - RBs have a short half-life in this league, and his star RB won't be around for forever.

same qb with the same flaws Gromnir were identifying for almost 2 years. with the cowboys superlative worthy ol and a great run game, dak shortcomings were mitigated-- he were a great fit for the cowboys.  many a sophomore qb seeming becomes a different qb, for a multitude o' reasons. the sophomore drop-off is not 'cause the players is actual getting worse, but 'cause their flaws is recognized and exposed.

an nfl defensive coordinator had insightful comments 'bout the cowboys offense early in the year.  observed how obvious were the cowboys game plan and how basic were the playbook, but knowing exact what the cowboys were gonna do didn't make it any easier to stop 'em. were a testament to cowboy toughness and execution on the offensive side o' the ball.  well, without a dependable run game, and without a qb who consistent make accurate throws (of more than 5 yards) or tough reads.  

that said, is few qbs who can elevate a team in the absence o' a healthy ol and a dependable runner.  is no surprise dak ain't in such elite company. 

HA! Good Fun!  

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

McAdoo  and the Giants prove yet again they are a scumbag pieces of ****. Why do I love Ny so much that I have to cheer for most of their teams by default when I was a kid? LMAO

TOTAL GARBAGE.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah, that's really crappy.

I personally like Gneo Smith as a player but don't matter   Eli should be the starter. WHAT A DISGRACE BY THE GIANTS.

McAdoo should be fired now and before people say he should 'get to the end of the season'.. the same could have applied to Eli. Then yiu can discuss this like reasonable adults trying to make the best decision instead of some lame hail mary by a desperate coach trying to save his job. This is kind of like the NBA situation except Eli is way too PC for his own good.Plus, benching your  2 time SB MVP best starting QB  for rest of season is way  more  asanine than  maybe making the mistake of benching your star player for one quarter of an 82 game season... ;L0L

Edited by Volourn

Somehow, the Packers won a game. If they beat the Browns next week, Rodgers comes back the next with a tough @Panthers match. There's no margin for error anymore. I'll laugh if we lose to the Browns.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Different QB, same coach, same result. Whose the problem?

LMAO

End of era because of  pathetic egotistical pieces of crap. This is the first Giants game in forever that I didn't even bother to try to watch. Not that they care, but they have literally lost  a'fan' here.

Eli > Giants.

PERIOD.

• Like 1