[Fig campaign] Reward Tier: Death Godlike as Ingame Portrait

Anybody gonna send a celebrity face instead of their own mug?

Schwarzenegger Barbarian Amaumaua?

Devito Rogue Dwarf?

Trump Paladin Fire Godlike?

Or Wild Orlan hahhaha

Doubt obs would allow it given the California laws on use of appearances without proper rights.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That is basically what I proposed (see page 1 of this thread):

nDIoQOT.png

And then the reply was that it would be like this instead:

UUgy8qm.jpg

On a related note, is there such thing as a "Half-Godlike"? (I assume that there are half-elves, half dwarves and the like in Eora?

Pfff! How do they eat for Berath's sake?

Blenders and straws my friend, ... blenders and straws...

-tid242

On a related note, is there such thing as a "Half-Godlike"? (I assume that there are half-elves, half dwarves and the like in Eora?

There are no half-godlike; they're incapable of reproduction (see http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Godlike for details) and they're also legally genderless in areas, like the Vailian Republics, where that is the basis by which sex/gender is determined. Pallegina talks a bit about this in the game. Humans can't interbreed with elves (this tidbit comes up if you choose certain dialogue options during the Blood Legacy quest line) and I'd assume that elves can't breed with dwarves, orlans, etc. either.

Edited by blotter
  • Like 2

I don't have a quote handy but according to the lore, there are no half-races in PoE. It's not possible for woman to become pregnant from other races in the setting.

RACISTS!!!1!!!

nah j/k, that's interesting I didn't know that.  Thanks for the lore update @doppelschwert and @blotter , I wouldn't have guessed it..

nah j/k, that's interesting I didn't know that.  Thanks for the lore update @doppelschwert and @blotter , I wouldn't have guessed it..

If you read all of Aloth's personal dialogue you learn that there are Elves and Humans who have sexual relationships (his father suspected his mother of doing just that) but that these relationships don't result in children.

Devito Rogue Dwarf?

Or Wild Orlan hahhaha

Doubt obs would allow it given the California laws on use of appearances without proper rights.

Werent there crazy lookalikes in BG2

come on. Valigar is Vin Diesel

Devito Rogue Dwarf?

Or Wild Orlan hahhaha

Werent there crazy lookalikes in BG2

come on. Valigar is Vin Diesel

Depends on how close you come; the closer you come the more likely you're going to end up sued.  If the image is transformative enough...probably not going to be an issue.

But I doubt Obsidian would allow you to use a celeb picture; it ruins any plausible deniability one way or the other.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Maneha is Sigourney Weaver, so... ;)

Portrait_maneha_lg.png?version=426ac032dsigourney_weaver.jpg

:woot:

Dammnnnn good catch... now i need a maneha Hive Queen battle

I could hardly blame you for not believing me but I didn't actually base my initial drawing of Maneha (that Kaz painted over) on anyone. There are absolutely times when we riff on real people, but oddly this was not one of them. I fully embrace her sigourney-ness though.

• Like 3

Now that he has been revealed, serafen WAS based on someone specific, and it would be most entertaining if you could guess who~

You're teasing me so bad there. So, can we play this as a game of twenty questions? Pretty please? :3

Otherwise I'll make a really wild guess and say he reminds me of Fritz Lang.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Now that he has been revealed, serafen WAS based on someone specific, and it would be most entertaining if you could guess who~

Logan.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle