What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

There is something so wonderfully well animated to Leland's expression at the end of Alpha Protocol in those seconds before the bomb disguised as a PDA goes off.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So, Mordheim...

- I forgot to equip my dudes before a battle so two of my archers came in armed with daggers. Yay!

- I misread number next to a skill and suddenly, all of my money was gone

- I lost a mission because I had no idea what is it that I was doing

Good news is that I somewhat learned the ropes, so it's time to start a new Warband, this time properly.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 4

Yea I finished all of the tutorials. I'm doing pretty good on the battlefield, I just have to figure the metagame out. And yes, I noticed the thing about dem skills :-P Incidentally, I won the mission with daggering archers.

Edited by Fenixp

I always had people untrained with available skill slots. It comes down to the risk/reward idea. It's nice to spread out some skills, but one character stacked with skills is more powerful that three characters with one early skill each. However, if you get your great character with wonderful skills, then you risk losing the centerpiece in your warband. The first thing I always do is to take the warband skills that save me money on training, hiring, healing, and whatnot. I don't even train anyone until I get the first discount for training because even a small amount of money helps. Same with hiring. Take the warband skill that allows you to hire for less first and then make your first hire. When I finished the sisters campaign, I think I had most people trained at least somewhat and a few people, like the leader, were trained to the max.

I'm thinking I'll just bite the bullet and purchase Darkest Dungeon right now, then I'll second guess myself until I purchase Kona also. :ermm:

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

So far, Emily's been a butcher.  But who can blame her?  She got betrayed by these people, so naturally she's going to want to stick a knife in their heart rather than just knock them out.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Though since this is Fenixp's very first warband, he doesn't have any veteran skills for discounts :)

Oh, I thought you got one veteran skill at creation of a new warband, but it's been a while since I played. I should pull out the mercs and do a few missions with them just to remember what the hell I'm talkin' 'bout.

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

Never got to play Mordheim the board game. Did get to play some Necromunda though. Still got my House Cawdor warband (fully painted) in storage somewhere. Would love to see a PC game version of it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Never got to play Mordheim the board game. Did get to play some Necromunda though. Still got my House Cawdor warband (fully painted) in storage somewhere. Would love to see a PC game version of it.

Just go here http://www.necromunda-underhivewars.com/ and sign up for the newsletter ;)

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

oh man, how I love HINDs, most badass copters around

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

More Dishonored 2.  These bloodfly nests are annoying as all hell.  Sure, you can use those immolation darts on them.  But that gets expensive since there's usually 4 or 5 of them in one apartment you want to go into, and the payoff usually isn't worth it.

I'm finding the Emily play through is geared toward lethal takedowns on a few of the open maps.  Too many guards, too much open space to be able to take them out the non-lethal way and hide the bodies.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

so I bought Banner Saga on GOG. I must say I have pretty mixed feelings about it. I love aesthetics and storytelling so far. But I am quite tired of fighting dredge forever, battle tactics seems pretty limited, character development seems almost non existent and that travelling animations seems pretty slow after a while :/

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I always wished there was more game in that ... Well, game - the first one at least (still got to try the second one.) Like there's the whole survival metagame which essentially boils down to 'Choose your own adventure' book moreso than anything. Sure, you travel and can run out of resources, but... You're never really informed of any estimates of how many resources you'll likely need to arrive to a destination and while you do sometimes get alternative destinations, this is extremely rare as opposed to being a core part of metagame (which it certainly should be.)

That said, music is amazing, aesthetics are amazing and the story was strong enough to carry the game for me. But the experience is certainly very limited.

I mean, some abilities doesn't even make sense, there is 'stone wall' ability which adds armor for next turn, but it doesn't force enemy in any way shape or form to actually attack that character so it always ends up as wasted turn, I really struggle with that combat part of the game, quite disappointed to be honest

Fate Stay/Night

Up to just starting the final part, Heaven's Feel. Overall it's been a fairly typical high school boy that all the girls like gets magical powers and fights type of story, but there's a few interesting ideas in it that keep me engaged. The Unlimited Blade Works route in particular was exceptional, despite the groanworthy attempts at analyzing relatively simple life philosophies. But you pretty much have to be numb to that to even enjoy these stories aimed at teenage/young adult demographics.

Negativity out of the way, I have enjoyed it. Sure, there's it's issues with dissecting philosophies that aren't even worth dissecting and the whole thing where

in Fate route, the guy basically ends up in a romance with teenage girl King Arthur

, but the characters are fun and their conflicts provide tension and emotional resolutions.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

well apperently after 5 or so hours I have finished banner saga, i must say still extremly torn about it, and now when I finish it I think its pretty short and that 'story' is kinda short and I thought I would learn more about fellow travelers, kinda disapointed I must say :/

If it's that short, maybe I should finally knock it out this weekend.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Too many guards, too much open space to be able to take them out the non-lethal way and hide the bodies.

When going for clean hands run, I found sneaking around the guards as opposed to taking them out more efficient anyway

I try that when I can, but even then it seems like there are open spaces where no matter where you skulk/hide, a guard will see you if you make a move to a spot you need to get to.

Or I might just suck at stealth.

Either or.

Too many guards, too much open space to be able to take them out the non-lethal way and hide the bodies.

When going for clean hands run, I found sneaking around the guards as opposed to taking them out more efficient anyway

I try that when I can, but even then it seems like there are open spaces where no matter where you skulk/hide, a guard will see you if you make a move to a spot you need to get to.

Or I might just suck at stealth.

Either or.

Part of the trick with Emily is to use the other abilities and gimmicks to distract guards and pull them out of their position, and then you can take them down.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Managed to grab myself a copy of TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan. I heard it was removed from all of the online stores so I'm glad I secured myself a copy before it went out of stock. I'm a huge Turtles fan and I especially love the early 90's series. This game comes pretty close to capturing that vision. I have no idea why it scored so bad. It's a fun and simple hack n slash game reminiscent of the 90's 2D side scrolling beat em ups such as TMNT Turtles in Time or Final Fight. You go from stage to stage and beat up baddies, alone or with a friend. Shame, the game has been pulled from the stores and now it's effectively dead. Goddamit, Activision...

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Just finished SR:HK bonus campaign. More CRPG should have high leveled campaigns I always like those the best.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif