Theories on the masked sith guy!

Some WHC-MaskedGuy theories:

-tMG may be the WHC's former Jedi master or father (the latter less likely though)

-WHC may or may not know this till the end of the game

-the sole motivation for the WHC could be to avenge the Jedi purge. Actually the reason she joins us could be to find the MG -the chief responsible for the massacre-

-the final battle scene and climax of the game may be the ultimate confrontation between the MG, and the main character with WHC at his/her side.

-the WHC, during that battle, may

---hear the ultimate revelation (a la tESB, obviously)

---get killed afterwards

---or suffer a grave injury ---and/or become lost, taken prisoner, etc.['good' ending with a bitter taste]

-It may be us that deals the deadly strike on the Sith Lord (a la tPM)

-the WHC's parting/dying words could be the bridge into the 3rd Kotor episode (again, a la tPM; and also in accordance with what the devs. have said in earlier interviews, that the ending of the game may really be leaving us in suspense

i like ur tpm ideas.

with what the other ppl said about horns i havent seen that yet but itd be cool. i think that if he does have horns hes the last surviving sith ( i mean like the actual species since i heard somewhere that they had horns )

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I believe it's just part of the mask that appears like horns under the black veils

why would they design horns only to conceal them? The image of Maul was specially crafted to look as 'satanic' as possible, hence the horns. Malak was designed jawless in order to inspire dread, disgust, even pity -with a clear allusion to Vader. Unless there's the face of a bull under the mask, I believe it's just the 'exotic-mask' that looks that way. No one will find it worthwhile to discover, later into the game, that the guy has horns, after all.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

This might have already been mentioned, but is it possible that the masked sith could be your own player later in the game? Say if he or she turns bad. That would be a good reason for the mask, big cloak and all the secrecy. OR.... could it be a REAL sith...the race that is supposedly extinct. Maybe just a descendent...say half sith, half something else. Just a few ideas and forgive me if they have already been said or are entirely ridiculous.

This might have already been mentioned, but is it possible that the masked sith could be your own player later in the game?  Say if he or she turns bad.  That would be a good reason for the mask, big cloak and all the secrecy.  OR.... could it be a REAL sith...the race that is supposedly extinct.  Maybe just a descendent...say half sith, half something else.  Just a few ideas and forgive me if they have already been said or are entirely ridiculous.

Are the true sith the massassi? I always assumed so but im not sure ;) and if so was Maul one?

Maybe its HK-47. his head is that shape.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

This might have already been mentioned, but is it possible that the masked sith could be your own player later in the game?  Say if he or she turns bad.  That would be a good reason for the mask, big cloak and all the secrecy.  OR.... could it be a REAL sith...the race that is supposedly extinct.  Maybe just a descendent...say half sith, half something else.  Just a few ideas and forgive me if they have already been said or are entirely ridiculous.

Are the true sith the massassi? I always assumed so but im not sure ;) and if so was Maul one?

no maul was a zabrak and i dont think the massassi were the original sith species but they might have been part sith.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Are the true sith the massassi? I always assumed so but im not sure :p and if so was Maul one?

no maul was a zabrak and i dont think the massassi were the original sith species but they might have been part sith.

Cool cheers for the info :blink:

The Sith were the original sith species. Dark Jedi that where expelled from the republic settled on there home world (Korriban) and over time the two became 1. That info was on the first game during the loading screens.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Exar Kun just used the Massassi during the war to help him out...  Or that's the way I always thought it was.  He used the force to control them.

Again, info on this was given out in KotOR. Did any1 here actually play the game?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Exar Kun just used the Massassi during the war to help him out...  Or that's the way I always thought it was.  He used the force to control them.

Again, info on this was given out in KotOR. Did any1 here actually play the game?

GAME!? It was a game? :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note; the masked Sith is Revans brother who was turned to the darkside when he felt the call of Darth Vaser to help him rule the galaxy <_<

Note: The above is about the most accurate speculation you can get considering all the masses of information on the masked Sith

QUOTE(Darth Sun_Tzu @ Aug 24 2004, 01:22 PM)

QUOTE(Jarx Xun @ Aug 24 2004, 10:21 PM)

GAME!? It was a game?

QUOTE(Darth Sun_Tzu @ Aug 24 2004, 01:22 PM)

QUOTE(Jarx Xun @ Aug 24 2004, 10:21 PM)

GAME!? It was a game?

you're joking right?

Cool cheers for the info -_-

The Sith were the original sith species. Dark Jedi that where expelled from the republic settled on there home world (Korriban) and over time the two became 1. That info was on the first game during the loading screens.

I saw all the in game stuff about the sith, but from what I read after that on the net, I came to the conclusion that they were the massassi........granted it was the wrong conclusion but....never mind :wacko:

I think the masked dude (dudette?) could be either male or female. I remember Revan as a dude. Found out later Revan's gender depended on the gender of your PC. Can't really tell under that get-up (could be over-sized gauntlets or something). I mean why else would they ask you if Revan was male or female? The answer must carry some weight. I wonder if they'll ask you what avatar you picked for the PC (figure they might if they ask about Revan's gender). Heck, they may even ask you what your PC's name was in KotOR (the other name, the one we got to choose :lol: ). All of which should come as a warning that we'll be encountering a very familar face during the game :blink: (whether or not it's one of the Sith Lords).

Doubtless, they'd ask some probing questions about Bastila as well. Of course the real shocker could be that we end up with our old role with another round of amnesia (how else would we be on the 'Hawk, when we'd have no real business being there :huh: - at least I read somewhere we'd start off on the 'Hawk). Although that kind of deja vu (or lack thereof <_< ) I would rather do without. But if they decide to pull that stunt again, I'll just go along for the ride (again) and see where it takes me :) .

I have two theories on this.

1) The masked sith guy is in fact Dustil (sp?) who being distraught over his fathers death/abandoning him yet agian in order to fight for the republic falls to the dark side yet agian. Taking what he learned at the accademy on korriban and finding a sith master to train with rises to the rank of sith lord after killing his master.

2) The masked sith guy is Revan who fell to the dark side yet agian after the death of his beloved Bastila at the hands of the sith lords. Seeking to take vengence on all those who lead to her death, Jedi, Sith, and republic non are safe from his vengence.

What do you think? feel free to rip them to shreads and or add your own theory.

No, no, NO, NO, NO!

why? why? WHY? :lol::blink:

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Regarding the black skin on his face, could he be wearing face paint behind that as well underneath? We know Malak tatooed himself. So did Maul. Couldn't he simply paint his face Maul-style, thus the black skin around his face? Perhaps he's Zabrak. I doubt it though.

I think hes an assassin. It fits the profile, attack from the shadows and remain unknown. This guy is wearing a mask and solid black robes. That screams "assassin" to me. Sion I think is a maurauder. He just looks like hes born to chop your head off. He's not exactly easily concealable like the MSG. And the MSG's outfit totally fits the assassin profile.

It makes me wonder if the WHC is a watchwoman, since she is so often paired up against the MSG, likely an assassin.

Some WHC-MaskedGuy theories:

-tMG may be the WHC's former Jedi master or father (the latter less likely though)

-WHC may or may not know this till the end of the game

-the sole motivation for the WHC could be to avenge the Jedi purge. Actually the reason she joins us could be to find the MG -the chief responsible for the massacre-

-the final battle scene and climax of the game may be the ultimate confrontation between the MG, and the main character with WHC at his/her side.

-the WHC, during that battle, may

---hear the ultimate revelation (a la tESB, obviously)

---get killed afterwards

---or suffer a grave injury ---and/or become lost, taken prisoner, etc.['good' ending with a bitter taste]

-It may be us that deals the deadly strike on the Sith Lord (a la tPM)

-the WHC's parting/dying words could be the bridge into the 3rd Kotor episode (again, a la tPM; and also in accordance with what the devs. have said in earlier interviews, that the ending of the game may really be leaving us in suspense

There is one question that had plagued me since the first person mentioned it awhile ago, What made you think that the MSG is related or in someway connected to the WHC? I do realize that the only real pict we have of the MSG is taken with him battling the WHC on the wallpaper, but I don't necessarily belive that she would even know the person let alone have some type of connection to him. Its possible that (saying the wallper depicts a sceen in the game) they are just battling for one reason or another, who knows maybe the PC is taking care of the dark jedi just out of sight. I think it would be too much of a plot twist that he would have some type of connection to the WHC.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

There is one question that had plagued me since the first person mentioned it awhile ago, What made you think that the MSG is related or in someway connected to the WHC? I do realize that the only real pict we have of the MSG is taken with him battling the WHC on the wallpaper, but I don't necessarily belive that she would even know the person let alone have some type of connection to him. Its possible that (saying the wallper depicts a sceen in the game) they are just battling for one reason or another, who knows maybe the PC is taking care of the dark jedi just out of sight. I think it would be too much of a plot twist that he would have some type of connection to the WHC.

I thought they may be connected by the fact that on the KotOR site, the pic of the MSG and the WHC, flashed from one to the other, and their faces are incredibly similar in shape and details. Take a look for yourself, whether the devs have hidden a secret clue there or I am just reading to much into it remains to be seen :)