What kind of man lets a woman take a bullet for him?

A smart one.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Very interesting stuff going on with regards to the chairmanship of the DNC. Ellison has been defending himself for saying some five or six years ago that US foreign policy is run out of Israel. I know some of the bomb throwers here will probably agree with that, but it's 1. not true, and 2. not wise to say. Personally, I don't care if he's the head or not, although it would be good to see them go back to more of a Kennedy sort of party. Anyhow, just in case anyone wants to talk anti-Semitism rather than flag burning or chicks taking bullets for dudes.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/01/politics/keith-ellison-anti-defamation-league-middle-east/index.html

As an aside, I wonder if we can reach 50 pages for this thread.

I feel cold as a razor blade,

tight as a tourniquet,

dry... as a funeral... drum... as it were...

Well, since you just mentioned it, no, since a moderator will come by and remember that threads are supposed to end at ~20 pages and summarily close this.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

", but women have it mentally.  "

People spam this but it doesn't hold up under any sort of scrutiny. the closest the facts get to dtemenrining who is smarter between men and women is that men tend to have more dummies and more geniuses while women tend to more average or run of the mill.

But, in real life, it's all irrelevant. Instead of relying on stereotypes like a lazy person treat people like individuals. Only SJW Nazis play this kind of nonesne. And, yes, I include ALL SJW Nazis - not just the left's but also the right's.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So, for those of you also from our Glorious Golden State of California, who wants to secede from the Union? I see that it's becoming a movement nowadays. Hurlshot? Leferd? Anyone... Anyone... Bueller?

tight as a tourniquet,

So, for those of you also from our Glorious Golden State of California, who wants to secede from the Union? I see that it's becoming a movement nowadays. Hurlshot? Leferd? Anyone... Anyone... Bueller?

Seems like a lot of paperwork.  Although I do like the idea of a CA-OR-WA-BC state because we'd have awesome beer and some decent hockey teams.

Look, we've had this sort of world order wink wink nod nod sort of diplomacy going on for a long time. One thing I *don't* mind about Trump is shaking things up. However, I *am* worried about the manner in which he does it. That's the problem. We should approach old problems in new ways, but not in a random sort of way.

EDIT:

Seems like a lot of paperwork.  Although I do like the idea of a CA-OR-WA-BC state because we'd have awesome beer and some decent hockey teams.

made me laugh out loud. Edited by imaenoon
  • Like 1

tight as a tourniquet,

oh lord, the borders, the borders, why are they like that

won't somebody please think of the children

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I could totally go for California seceding. They've been brilliant in electing a celebrity governor. Because celebrity matters the most in CA! Genius level decision making from the left and right in CA. So yeah, please do detach, like some regressive cancer from the rest of the country that values logic and free thinking, and isn't mired in Hollywood celebrity.

Edited by licketysplit

Sorry Shady that map is unacceptable. I insist Kentucky be included in any country that also includes Tennessee. I don't want to pay tariffs on my favorite adult beverage. 

But I've never played or know anything about the game so the context is lost on me. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sooo, Leferd, you *do* or you *don't* agree with the secession movement in CA? ...Or are you one of the three staters? I'm down here in Sunny SoCal, but I haven't turned my back on either my country or my NorCal brethren. ;)

To Wrath of Dagon. Interesting article. Traditional media is on the ropes, but people still have to get their information from somewhere. I think major news organizations should try to tame their bias on one hand but still own to their slant on the other. Admit you're left or right of center but give the news. ...And make straight newscasts as unbiased as possible while letting your commentary and punditry say pretty much what they want as long as they own what they are.

tight as a tourniquet,

If Sawyer ever makes his 16th Century fantasy-historical RPG, I want California to be just like this.

Somer_27_web.jpg

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I could totally go for California seceding. They've been brilliant in electing a celebrity governor. Because celebrity matters the most in CA! Genius level decision making from the left and right in CA. So yeah, please do detach, like some regressive cancer from the rest of the country that values logic and free thinking, and isn't mired in Hollywood celebrity.

6d77a66675a8d5f16b84dc0481ee186e.jpg

• Like 2

Sooo, Leferd, you *do* or you *don't* agree with the secession movement in CA? ...Or are you one of the three staters? I'm down here in Sunny SoCal, but I haven't turned my back on either my country or my NorCal brethren. ;)

I've been accused of being a Federalist once or nineteen times in my life. Probably in these boards too. Technically, I did take an oath of office once...wouldn't look good for future employment prospects to have oathbreaker on my official personnel folder.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle