The Funny Things Thread

Rosbjerg

@Gromnir: Don't know about the burger, but I've yet to come across any sentient being that turns down the fries. Been handfeeding them to everything from Pelicans to giant Lizards and they just can't get enough of that junk. I'll probably get in trouble with PETA now...

Edit: Actually, not sure if my examples qualifies as sentient beings, but lets just say I've yet to run across life forms turning them down.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Serendipity.

I was chatting with an American colleague this morning, he seemed baffled by my support for Brexit. "How could you guys vote to leave that huge institution? People are better working together and united, not isolated and outcast! I just can't understand why you'd go it alone."

"Strange that you'd object to a need for independence, a couple of centuries past I might have asked you the same!"

• Like 8

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

14600905_1086595041448016_44883520504824

I read this... didn't get it. Walked away and 5 minutes later started laughing.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

14717113_715666115251449_365648370024314

That's not Elias Koteas.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That's not Elias Koteas.

Is this a case of Michael Bays Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did not happen. Nor did the sequel? ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That's not Elias Koteas.

Is this a case of Michael Bays Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did not happen. Nor did the sequel? ;)

Those sentences are just a jumble of words connected in an unmeaningful way, to me.

• Like 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Previews of the Auralnauts' upcoming fandub of Episode V:

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling